*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Latex: completely agree with you about them opening up the classes later. I feel that they've had to stick the classes in, just so people wouldn't get afraid by their cosy little MMO world being completely shattered by this.
I also think the PvP will open up. As you say, BG's have been the staple for the masses for so long but I think the senior PvP player will start to shape Cyrodiil very soon and some mega battle will await as a result. All it takes is one player to be taken out of their comfort zone, get into a non-scripted opened up clash or strategic choke battle and they'll go and tell their friends ect.

I think in live I'll be dispensing with the quest markers. They're not intrusive and you still have to hunt for them, but the enjoyment I get out of hunting out every nook and cranny for lore books, chests, quests and all sorts is too much fun. Here, you're in a big zone, I'm not telling you where to go or what to do; jog on and enjoy yourself :D

Morley: Yeah, I've had quite a few quests where I've had a choice to make. It's nice. The main one that I can think of that I definitely want to do again from a different perspective is
one in Glenumbra where you go back in time. You're specifically told to not mess with things but you get a chance to meet the person whose body you're inhabitings wife. You can either go with her (not how the fight actually went) or go fight a big bad werewolf (how it went). You find out she was killed and was pregnant so I wonder if you get the chance to save her instead of finding out the werewolf's weakness (whom you fight in the present in an undead state).

Love this game.

*edit* Stonefalls has quite a few glitched quests Omaeka. The Brothers of Strife, spirit slaves and Fighters Guild ones off the top of my head

Good to see that its at least following that aspect of the ES games :D

Would it be an ES game without more bugs than gameplay mechanics? :p

Stonefalls has quite a few glitched quests Omaeka. The Brothers of Strife, spirit slaves and Fighters Guild ones off the top of my head

Don't think I was at Stonefalls mate, I was coming from Stros Mkai (I think) and the place was called Celdwell or something, the fighters guild quest and the Bloodthorn quests both glitched.

--

Really like this game's character customisation, must have been through about 20 chars now just to see what I can create.

Can anybody tell who this is? Clue is in the name (kinda!) :p

2014031600001.jpg

2014031600002.jpg

It isn't perfect but it only took a few minutes. :eek:

Eventually got full heavy armour :D

Only level 6 but tools ages and thoroughly enjoyed the experience (and that's skipping the lore for release) so close to pre-ordering now :p

Haven't played such an enjoyable mmo in a while and that's without pvp. Got teamed up with a random tying to clear some goblin caves, good team work and again nice to see it being promoted.

Just watched the "taking the Keep" video and it just reminded me of the mindless GW2 zergs, wPvP needs to work where there is some tactics and not just the biggest group wins.

Cannot wait for release now. I've put a good 10 hours in this weekend and it just gets better and better. The questing is much better than other mmos and voice acting adds an extra element. The combat suits me perfectly and the visuals are truly stunning for most parts. I can see myself leveling an alt purely for crafting as I love the crafting system. The idea of a guild purely for crafting and trading is something that has been lacking in recent mmos.

I'm not sure if I will still with Ebonheart Pact though as I think I may end up rolling a Redguard.

Whats the best deal on getting the imperial edition preorder ? Does the Nuuvem thing still work, I set my hola plugin to brazil but after adding to cart it says i'm in the wrong region.

EDIT: Nevermind it decided to work, got Imp. edition from Nuuvem for £40 and key regged on Elder Scrolls website :)

Last edited:
No more beta for me. Spent enough time with the game now to realise that it is definitely worth every single penny.

Its a brilliant game, best MMO I've played since vanilla WoW.

Despite being away a large part of April I'm really tempted to order this.

When is launch live and early start dates?

Honestly shocked at how much the game has turned round, went from wouldn't touch with a barge pole to love it in a weekend :p

Nothing, I to struggled with this game I really wanted to like it, as on the surface it has everything I want in a mmo, right kind of look, what should have being decent crafting, scene set for large scale wPvP, tho after the Zerg that was GW2 that worried me a bit as well.

But after trying this game over a few beta weekends and a bit in full beta, just could not get into it, feels slow sluggish and pretty boring TBH.

Be one of the very few and maybe the first major mmo, that as a guild we will not be joining.

But to those of you who enjoy it best of luck and hope it works out for you.

I kinda feel the same way regarding ESO. I want to like it, but I can't seem to get into it so far. I think it's the combat, it just doesn't feel as engaging as I'd like/it should. In some ways I actually think GW2 is a better game but that has more than enough of it's own issues holding it back.

Anyhow, I will persist with ESO, but it may be that something like The Repopulation is more what I'm after.

Last edited:
Despite being away a large part of April I'm really tempted to order this.

When is launch live and early start dates?

Honestly shocked at how much the game has turned round, went from wouldn't touch with a barge pole to love it in a weekend :p

The best part is the further you progress the better it gets. After your first major area, like Glenumbra, it really opens up, even less hand holding.

Back
Top Bottom