*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
I'm not believing that Sorc stat for a second. Also, why my green pariah brothers (Orsimer) get so little love? :(

Glad to see that provisioning is going to be under-represented (no idea why, it's really strong) as it means I can charge more :D

Soldato
So from what people have played so far, is melee viable in PvP, other than stealthing up behind someone and knifing them? Are there closers, stealth-revealers and snares? Always preferred ranged classes in PvP, but I'm not sure for ESO.

I have the same question/worry. With the mass pvp am I doomed to get my head smashed in within 2 seconds of every large fight beginning as all the ranged gank me like mad.

Soldato
I have the same question/worry. With the mass pvp am I doomed to get my head smashed in within 2 seconds of every large fight beginning as all the ranged gank me like mad.

In DAOC anyone roaming solo usually got either rolled over by a group, rolled over by a zerg or taken out by a stealther or few stealthers.

I imagine ESO will be similar however as any class can stealth now, i suspect we will see stealth groups ganking other groups now as they run a past, you will see stealth attacks by larger forces on keeps and sieges etc.

I dont think its going to be a case of getting ganked by ranged 24/7 as it seems most of the melee builds can have ranged dmg reducers making them a lot more resilient to being picked off.

I will say if your going to be a melee character, if you dont have stealth you are going to want to roll with a group or more in PVP or you will find yourself being the target of a lot of stealthers / stealth groups. However if you get jumped solo by a stealther and your say a Dragonknight if you have the right build i imagine you will wipe the floor with the stealther, Dragonknights have pulls and charges etc to close gaps, snares, debuffs to make people miss, lots of tools basically to ruin anyones day.

Soldato
Heads up for those that are hitting the PvP up, If you somehow get onto the overflow server (which u shouldnt cos well, megaserver!), but if u do then you won't be able to queue for cyrodiil.

Soldato
OP
Not....sure...if...troll....

Here's what Matt Firor wrote about the overflow server recently:

And just to be fully prepared, we are adding overflow servers in the event we get even more players on day one than we are now forecasting. If player demand overwhelms our planned capacity and a queue has to be formed, we will offer waiting players the option to begin playing right away on an overflow server. The overflow server is meant to be a temporary place where you can begin your adventure as you normally would – gain experience, items, achievements, etc. The character you create and everything gained as you temporarily play on an overflow server will transfer back with you when you log in the next time on the main megaserver. While you’ll still be able to group on the overflow servers, other social features like PvP or access to your friends list and guild will be unavailable during that play session - but we want to offer this option to allow players to get into the game quickly, create a character and start to enjoy ESO without delay. This way, you can log in and play, and when the queue shrinks, you can switch to the megaserver and continue to play with the character you created.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/03/14/eso-road-ahead

Truth shall set you free.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[Addon] Pawkette's Scrolling Battle Text

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info64-PSBT-PawkettesScrollingBattleText.html

How to install addons:

To manually install your AddOns:

1. Download your chosen addon

2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.

3. Open your ESO folder.

If using a PC, the typical default install path is:

C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\

If using a Macintosh, the typical default install path is:

~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/

4. In the 'live' folder, create a new folder called AddOns (if it doesn’t already exist)

5. Open the AddOns folder

6. Copy the files from the folder on your desktop into the AddOns folder

7. Your final path should look like:

PC:

C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\< AddOn A FolderName >\< files >
C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\< AddOn B FolderName >\< files >
C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\< AddOn C FolderName >\< files >

Mac:

~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/< AddOn A FolderName >/< files >
~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/< AddOn B FolderName >/< files >
~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/< AddOn C FolderName >/< files >

(where < AddOn A Folder > < .B. > < .C. > are the names of the actual folders that the addons create)

9. Log into game. At the character select screen, there should be an "AddOns" button in the lower left corner. Click on that. If any of the mods in the list that pops up say "out of date" or some such, choose the "Load Outdated AddOns" option.

10. Log the rest of the way into game, you should be up and running now. :)

Soldato
OP
From a level 50++ PTS player:

If you're a completionist like me and read into all the plot lines you'll find yourself quickly immersed and playing for large bursts at a time (3 days a week, 5-6 hours). Its hard to say "okay this is a good stopping point", when you've invested yourself in the plot lines that carry through zones (even side quests). The choices you make remind me of KOTOR except the morality is grey, not black and white. A side quest I did at lvl 5 will change the story of a side quest at lvl 45.

If you want to listen to the ESO soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjJi1f_FLAJbwv8koZ2xOv23yp3_V55yP

Last edited:
Soldato
So yeah I play this for 10 minutes every single beta weekend and when not moving anything the camera moves in the direction I lastm oved the mouse constantly. Mouse ghost gliding means I can't actually play. This is the only one of hundreds of games that does this. Can't buy the game if it doesn't work with my naga 2013 mouse. Is mouse gliding specific to this game fixable?

Associate
So yeah I play this for 10 minutes every single beta weekend and when not moving anything the camera moves in the direction I lastm oved the mouse constantly. Mouse ghost gliding means I can't actually play. This is the only one of hundreds of games that does this. Can't buy the game if it doesn't work with my naga 2013 mouse. Is mouse gliding specific to this game fixable?

My Naga (old one) does this on Civilisation 5. I usually give the lens a clean and clean my Vespula mat and it's OK again.

Never realised it was an actual problem :eek:

Back
Top Bottom