*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
I would certainly say its worth it for the first 30 days (especially if you get it for £25)....guess its down to personal taste thereafter.

Definetley not a bad game, but not what I look for in a MMO personally.

Associate
To sum my personal opinion up:

If you want to afk mashing one button while watching...tv, then this is probably not for you, if you want a game thats more engaging its pretty good.

Currently vr3 tank spec dk, dps for solo, often switching while soloing to survive tough fights, completed my 1st vr dungeon last night after 1 previous failed attempt, was a good feeling, some tough fights, I'm guessing these are mostly aimed for vr4-6 levels as rewards are vr5.

To me this game is almost worth subbing just for Cadwell alone! I badly want a Cadwell pet to hang around & talk to when I'm waiting for a respawn :)

Soldato
If you want to afk mashing one button while watching...tv, then this is probably not for you

I'd disagree with that. I've only played it to level 11 as a sorcerer and all I press is '5' to bring up my little demon dude which lasts forever (until you hit one of the loading screens) and then wobble the mouse about and press '1' (apply some dot) and '2' some damage spell.

At the end game isn't it just two buttons (Q and something else) + 1-5?

Not quite the same level as WoW where you can use:
q,e,r,t,y,f,g,h,z,x,c,v,b,n,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc etc

I'm not having a pop at ESO's combat system but I think you're misleading in your comment by saying it isn't mashing one button.

Associate
To sum my personal opinion up:

If you want to afk mashing one button while watching...tv, then this is probably not for you, if you want a game thats more engaging its pretty good.

Currently vr3 tank spec dk, dps for solo, often switching while soloing to survive tough fights, completed my 1st vr dungeon last night after 1 previous failed attempt, was a good feeling, some tough fights, I'm guessing these are mostly aimed for vr4-6 levels as rewards are vr5.

To me this game is almost worth subbing just for Cadwell alone! I badly want a Cadwell pet to hang around & talk to when I'm waiting for a respawn :)

Do you have a link to your build mate? I'm a DK that's aiming to tank, I know what I'm doing but just interested to see another build to compare. :)

I'd disagree with that. I've only played it to level 11 as a sorcerer and all I press is '5' to bring up my little demon dude which lasts forever (until you hit one of the loading screens) and then wobble the mouse about and press '1' (apply some dot) and '2' some damage spell.

I'm not having a pop at ESO's combat system but I think you're misleading in your comment by saying it isn't mashing one button.

Nah it's effectively doubled from level 15. As I'm still leveling I have Sword and Shield and survivability abilities slotted, and my second weapon I focus more on dps/pvp. You could even have the same weapon type (not same weapon) slotted giving you 10 abilities to suit your play, not forgetting potential 2x ultimates depending on situation.

Last edited:
Associate

Suggest you play past level 11, although maybe us VR2 and VR3 tanks only mash 2 buttons in endgame too ;)

In general combat is very interactive, especially at higher level when solo let alone in group dungeons. Dungeons can get real crazy with the amounts of mobs, various special attacks and any unique boss mechanics. I often spend half the fight blocking, interrupting, dodge rolling and reacting to the flow of fight as well as using both skill bars.

Dungeon combat stacks up pretty well against more established games and the Craiglorn adventure zone (out on PTS now) looks very promising.

Soldato

Then there is normal non skill combat + blocking/interrupting/reflecting. I'd say its definitely a bit more involved

Associate
Do you have a link to your build mate? I'm a DK that's aiming to tank, I know what I'm doing but just interested to see another build to compare. :)

Well the passives are pretty obvious, only skills I would say are essential are green dragons blood & inner fire (morphed for extended range), corrosive armour for ultimate, the rest I swap whats needed at the time.

Other than that I use low slash (cant remember what Morphs called)

Atm I'm levelling ash cloud to try it, but the mana cost of it is pretty heavy compared to talons.

I always have molten weapons in my swap & buff group just before we start on a boss, its not really needed for trash. (assuming no dk with it in group)

Associate
Well the passives are pretty obvious, only skills I would say are essential are green dragons blood & inner fire (morphed for extended range), corrosive armour for ultimate, the rest I swap whats needed at the time.

Other than that I use low slash (cant remember what Morphs called)

Atm I'm levelling ash cloud to try it, but the mana cost of it is pretty heavy compared to talons.

I always have molten weapons in my swap & buff group just before we start on a boss, its not really needed for trash. (assuming no dk with it in group)

Pretty much a carbon copy. Cheers. :)

Associate
Well, Aldmeri Dominion are not doing too well at auriel's bow. Just got a scroll stolen, and only a few castles left.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well first impressions are that it reminds me of WAR back in 2008. The lag on some of the spawned adds is game breakingly bad as well, which really ****** me off. Having said that, the crafting system looks pretty good and the environments are packed full of npcs you have to actually talk to due to no quest icons, which I prefer over world of warcrafts distinction.

The combat feels really sloppy, as do some of the animations, but I hope these improve with time and patches. Currently lv 7 and dont really have a clue what I'm doing lol.

Soldato
Well first impressions are that it reminds me of WAR back in 2008. The lag on some of the spawned adds is game breakingly bad as well, which really ****** me off. Having said that, the crafting system looks pretty good and the environments are packed full of npcs you have to actually talk to due to no quest icons, which I prefer over world of warcrafts distinction.

The combat feels really sloppy, as do some of the animations, but I hope these improve with time and patches. Currently lv 7 and dont really have a clue what I'm doing lol.

Regarding the lag it may or may not be your issue but I was suffering pretty bad from it and made a post about it earlier on in the thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26123255&postcount=3497

No lag issues at all now but it could just be a couple of isolated incidents for you. If it continues I would definitely check if it's not something else as that isn't normal.

Soldato

I don't know whether you have an option turned off or if you've just missed them, but quest NPCs all have icons over their head (whether it's someone who gives you a quest, or someone you have to talk to as part of a quest), the icons are also shown on the compass when you're nearby.

Questing felt no different to WoW for me, there were no "hubs" in ESO, instead I just found that I found quests on the way to other quests instead. I tried exploring because of what people said in here about how you had to explore and I didnt find any quests I wouldn't have found by just following whatever quests I was already on :confused:.

There was way too many run around quests over killing ones though :p.

Soldato
For anyone who has been wondering, when you summon your mount, your gear disappears but can reappear if you re-equip or toggle the helmet function. I've contacted CS Support and they confirmed it is indeed a bug that your gear disappears when you summon your mount, and told me to do a /bug and report it, so hopefully it get's resolved.

Permabanned
This. Game. Is. Amazing.

Not been this addicted for a very long time, and yes, I've played MMO's (Wow for 5 years, Rift, SWTOR)

This is in a league of its own. Have clocked up over 3 days worth of play now and still only level 16 and yet to try PVP or leave the first map.

I really dont understand those complaining of bugs, yes they are some, but in all my time playing I've yet to encounter anything other than what can only be described as 'mildly annoying'

Pick it up, and play it. Now. The beta was terrible btw, so those who've only played that please don't even reply any more. Game has come on leaps and bound since then.

Back
Top Bottom