*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
Morrowind expansion early access today if you have the new collector's edition, or June 6th for normal pre-orders.

**edit** I think it's early access for any digital upgrade pack, not just collectors...**

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep I had access yesterday :D :D, Only had time to quickly explore the area around Seyda Neen yesterday and it's gorgeous, they've upped the game a little on the visuals with this expansion :). The oddest thing was Seyda Neen felt so familiar, particularly coming off the ship up the Jetty to the Office ;), brought back cracking gaming memories.

Associate
So if I upgrade now I can play the expansion now?

I emailed Zenimax asking this question this was there response:

"Early Access will be automatically available to players who purchased the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collect's Edition Upgrade versions of ESO Morrowind for PC/Mac prior to launch.

Existing players who pre-purchased/pre-order the physical version of the ESO Morrowind Collector's Edition for PC/Mac can get access by logging into the ESO support website and filling out this form.

New players purchasing the full digital version of ESO Morrowind, the regular physical edition, or any console version of the game will be able to play on June 6 2017."

Associate
I've owned this game for ages but never actually given it much of a chance, may be no is time to retry it?
Might as well give it another go then, the games certainly very active at the moment.

Apart from the Morrowind expansion and it's new tutorial the base game also has had some nice tweaks for new players to help them get started.

Soldato
I've owned this game for ages but never actually given it much of a chance, may be no is time to retry it?

It's come a very long way since launch. I'd say it's the best MMORPG around at the moment and unlike WOW, keeps getting better not worse with every expansion.

Just don't go in expecting Skyrim online. It still has MMO limitations (graphics aren't quite as nice and combat is MMO-ish, though still better than most). Morrowind looks nice with the Volcano towering in the distance. But the expansion content is a bit lacking atm, I think they still have a lot to add to it. All of the mainland parts of it are missing :)

Last edited:
Associate
Have purchased this from Kinguin, I have the key but it says invalid in Steam. I have the base game, its updating now. It doesnt actually state it is a Steam key but what else is it haha?? Hope someone can help!

Soldato
I have not even played the base game, will I get the option to start in Morrowind I assume?

If you have the Morrowind expansion, you should start right off the boat in Seyda Neen. If you look to your right as you leave the boat, there's a smaller boat on the next pier. If you talk to the boatman, he'll port you to the old starting areas if you'd prefer.

Soldato
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a monthly subscription as well as buying the base game and expansions?

I like the look of this but have outright refused any monthly subscription games in the past!

Back
Top Bottom