1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by LateX'Dog, Jun 6, 2012.

1. kthula666

Wise Guy

11PM start is great I'll just be starting night shift so I can log on then. Thank god for BT Infinity I'll pop the D/L onto a drive to take to work. All good if the servers don't fall over in the first hour. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. LateX'Dog

Soldato

New patch for the launcher this morning.

So people who have downloaded and not opened the launcher since, might want to open it now.

3. LateX'Dog

Soldato

Wow, crafting seems awesome:

Alchemist: Collects plants and mushrooms to create potions which can be used in combat. Alchemists have to match ingredients with desirable properties to brew the best potions.

Enchanter: Gathers runestones inscribed with words in a mysterious language from obelisks throughout the world. Runestones can be combined to create glyphs, which add enchantments to weapons, armor, and jewelry.

Provisioner: Collects grains, broth, meat, and other ingredients to create food and drink that provide long-lasting beneficial effects. Provisioners need to find high-quality ingredients to make the best food and drink.

Smiths: There are three types of smiths:

Woodworker: Uses wood to make shields, staves, and bows.

Blacksmith: Forges heavy armor and metal weapons from various ores.

Clothier: Harvests fibrous plants and uses animal hides to make light and medium armor.

All smiths make use of the following resources:

Raw materials – The ores, plants, hides, or wood that define the item’s level range (amount determines exact level)

Style components – A special item that defines the product’s racial style (Redguard, Bosmer, etc.)

Trait components (optional) – Add traits to the item
    Smiths must research traits for specific types of gear to be able to add them to the gear they create.

Smiths can create booster items called tannins, tempers, or resins (depending on the crafting skill). These allow players to improve the quality of an item and they are tradable, so no one can run off with your awesome, upgraded bow!

Using a booster does not guarantee that the target item will be improved. Using multiple boosters increases the chance of a successful upgrade. If the attempt fails, the item and boosters are destroyed. However, 100% success can be ensured by using enough boosters.

All smiths can deconstruct raw materials and items to recover style components, trait components, and tempers, tannins, or resins.

Special crafting stations can be discovered throughout the world. When a smith uses one of these stations, he or she can create items that are part that station’s set. Items in sets confer bonuses that increase based on how many items in that set a character is wearing. Set gear cannot be enchanted, but it can be imbued with traits.
    Resource nodes for gathering materials are now active in the world.

4. bakes0310

Capodecina

P5JJKA7R47Y393C9NMGP

Be quick:)

5. Hutchy

Wise Guy

So who thinks the servers will be down all weekend?

6. Gooner Leroy

Mobster

I'm not even going to bother trying to play it on Friday. Hopefully Saturday morning should be okay

7. Spektor

Mobster

It's a 22GB download, then it installs (which shows as downloading 22GB again but isn't) then a 6GB patch.

8. cuffylad

Wise Guy

holy game size batman, Shame I didn't know this before I activated my key otherwise I would have just given it away!

Living in Hull and only having the choice of ONE ISP really sucks when I want to download large files :confused::eek::o

9. Witcher1979

PermaBanned

LMAO you can use guest accounts on random video/picture uploaders and get links. You are quite silly sometimes, don't tell me they can track when I take a screenshot on afterburner HAHA.

10. LateX'Dog

Soldato

Actual game size.

[​IMG]

11. Fuggan

Wise Guy

Oh really? Haven't played that. RIFT, AION, GW to name a few I have played which were nowhere near as free.

12. Bumhug

Hitman

13. Neil79

Caporegime

Sometimes? He’s the know it all of ocuk, he tries to persuade people with his inner knowledge of every game if its not bf, dayz its now beth. Yet it all comes out as complete twaddle. Oh and he has all these best mates in the development circle!

Remember when he said that devs can tell what admin tools people are running on private dedi boxes? Marker can back me up on that one.

Beth can not tell where a screenshot comes from unless a person uses the same forum username as a name in the screenshot. Watermarks can be removed in paint shop pro... Only fools get tracked

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  14. Witcher1979

PermaBanned

15. Neil79

Caporegime

16. ShortWarning

Mobster

I'm all downloaded and ready to go. I'll probably try logging on at about 12. The first hour (at least) will be impossible I reckon.

17. Neil79

Caporegime

I’ll play saturday when servers are more prepared :)

18. Witcher1979

PermaBanned

Have fun lads

19. Neil79

Caporegime

After the early reports I’m not sure fun is the right word :)

20. PaddyMC89

Hitman

No, WAR also had the dreaded "glidey" movement and minor input lag that most others suffer from and fail because of. As a game centred around pvp it was just destined to fail when the action input wasn't as smooth and responsive as wow. Though I guess you could say an inability to adapt to less slick and polished gameplay could count as "withdrawal".