**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Permabanned
Yeah the same happens in Skyrim, expecially with ENBs. It's just a real shame that Stock Dx10 F4 performs worse than heavily modded Skyrim...

Really want a 970 or a 980Ti. Just not sure I can justify such a large expense with bills and xmas coming up...

Its the right time to be buying a new card as far as usage is concerned. Loads of games out/due very soon and loads coming in Q1 of 2016. Hit the MM up as theres always a 980ti/980 going

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 359.00 WHQL Driver Released

Game Ready
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate and Overwatch: Beta.

GameWorks VR 1.0 Support
Driver support for GameWorks VR 1.0, including Multi-Res shading and Windows 10
support.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Guild Wars 2 – 64-bit EXE added
• Overlord: Fellowship of Evil – DX11 SLI profile added
• Total War: Attila – SLI disabled
• War Thunder – 64-bit EXE added

3D Vision Profiles
No 3D Vision profiles were added with this release.

Software Modules
• NView – version 146.78
• HD Audio Driver – version 1.3.34.4
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software – version 9.15.0428
• GeForce Experience – version 2.7.4.10
• CUDA – version 7.5

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-359-00-whql-driver-download.html

or

http://la.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95695

Soldato
I was planning to put the dialogue mod on but actually I'm not so sure anymore... I hated the new system for a while for the same reasons as people have stated, but once you realise that the right-most option is always some super negative jerk response, it's not so bad and sometimes the lines the character comes out with are pretty amusing (more so than they would be had I read the same line immediately before)

Associate
Whats everyone's CPU usage running at? Mine seems to peak around the 70% mark according to afterburner which in turn seems to make my GPU usage and FPS drop.

Will wait until a patch/driver update to be certain but am wondering if my CPU has finally met its match.

Permabanned
Also have a 2500k and have not really noticed/checked, albeit clocked slightly higher at 4.6(if your sig is correct). Certainly not noticed any issues with a 980 at 1080p.

Can have a go later and report back. :) Though I assume I am at a lower res and with only a single card. Will have a look anyway.

Associate
Does anyone know if there are a finite number of power armour frames and armour pieces in the game?

I don't want to stomp around too much in one as it spoils the immersion a bit for me. Got a new one with T-60 pieces on, fast travelled back to my settlement and just left it (guarded by turret) next to another I had on a hoist. Came back later and it was gone and I hadn't even swapped the T-60 parts over to my main suit. Silly, I know.

Presumably stolen, is it gone forever? Is the T-60 stuff hard to come by?

Associate
I'm wondering if I'm missing something with settlements or if it really has been implemented as badly as it seems to be:

1) I'm not seeing a way to monitor what task each settler is assigned to and what tasks have no settlers assigned to them. This seems like such a basic and obvious thing that I'm mostly convinced that I'm just missing it somehow. Surely Bethesda wouldn't bodge the job badly enough to have tasks requiring settlers and no way to monitor it?
The only way really, at least until it gets modded is to ring the bell that you can build which brings all settlers in the settlement to you, highlight them and it highlights what they're currently working on. Still hopeless, though, but it's a start.

What most people seem to be doing (myself included) is to dress your settlers according to what they're assigned to. For example I put suits on all my store settlers, armor on my guards (not that I use them) and then farmers in something else (currently covenant armor cus it's what I had). This works well enough for now, I've found.

2) I'm not seeing a way to change perspective when building. First person is very badly suited to settlement building, so it would be an obvious choice to allow zooming out at least and preferably "god view".
Nah it's first person only at the minute I think. Not sure why they did this, but again I'm sure there'll be a mod soon.

3) I'm not seeing a way to change the length of stairs to ensure they line up with where you want them to go from and to.
No way to change the length of stairs unfortunately. What I do is have a shack foundation/wood foundation at a lower level and when you line it up right it snaps between them.

4) I'm not seeing a way to build anything to go under a floor so it matches the level of adjoining flooring on slightly higher ground, e.g. to extend flooring off a pre-existing foundation. Nor am I seeing a way to use concrete or cement for the same purpose (or any other purpose, come to think of it).
If I understand this right, you can use the shack foundation for that (under wood->floor) as it clips through pretty much anything to a certain extent.

5) I'm not seeing a way to build construction items of specific size. Anyone who could build floor, wall, ceiling and roof sections from scrap wood and/or steel should be able to build them to whatever size they require to neatly fit gaps.
Yeah I don't know why you have to build in single squares either. Same with fences having to build them post by post instead of just connecting two posts and having them auto complete the fence for you, that would be so much easier and more efficient.

Settlement building and management looks like a tagged-on afterthought to me, done as a rush job. It seems very clumsy and missing some important things, especially (1). It's not like settlement building is a new thing in games - there have been entire games of it for years. Bethesda wouldn't have had to come up with new ideas for a new type of game.
Yeah, as much as I've enjoyed it I feel like it's despite the controls and features instead of because of them. I feel like they saw the popularity of the New Vegas settlement mod and decided to put it in but did JUST enough to call it a feature and then let modders take it from there. Probably not a bad plan really considering the extent of their modding community and the size of the rest of the game.

Less importantly:

6) I don't seem to be able to have settlers harvest plants I've planted. They work on them, but I'm not seeing an increase in the number in my inventory.

7) I'm not seeing an option to build a kennel for Dogmeat.

The harvested plants go into your workshop, not your inventory. Same with caps from stores and water from purifiers.

Kennel is under miscellaneous in the resources tab I believe (you definitely can, I'm just not 100% sure that's where it is.

Associate
I was planning to put the dialogue mod on but actually I'm not so sure anymore... I hated the new system for a while for the same reasons as people have stated, but once you realise that the right-most option is always some super negative jerk response, it's not so bad and sometimes the lines the character comes out with are pretty amusing (more so than they would be had I read the same line immediately before)

To be fair, they're still in order in the dialogue mod too it's just now it's numbered instead of location. Once you see which is which it'll be no different to you except it's easier to choose options and you see what will be said.

Does anyone know if there are a finite number of power armour frames and armour pieces in the game?

I don't want to stomp around too much in one as it spoils the immersion a bit for me. Got a new one with T-60 pieces on, fast travelled back to my settlement and just left it (guarded by turret) next to another I had on a hoist. Came back later and it was gone and I hadn't even swapped the T-60 parts over to my main suit. Silly, I know.

Presumably stolen, is it gone forever? Is the T-60 stuff hard to come by?

Don't leave Fusion Cores in your power armor, your settlers will steal it if they come under attack and won't leave it again. It'll be around somewhere but you'll have to pickpocket the core out of the armor to get it back.

Soldato
Hi guys,

It's just dawned on me that I haven't applied a single perk yet? I think my character is level 14.

Each time I level up I increase the value of one of my SPECIAL attributes. Having looked at a couple of YouTube videos, am I right in thinking that you can only have one or the other; a SPECIAL point or a Perk point? I didn't even think to check this out before now :rolleyes:

One of the many differences from F3/NV...

Permabanned
Hi guys,

It's just dawned on me that I haven't applied a single perk yet? I think my character is level 14.

Each time I level up I increase the value of one of my SPECIAL attributes. Having looked at a couple of YouTube videos, am I right in thinking that you can only have one or the other; a SPECIAL point or a Perk point? I didn't even think to check this out before now :rolleyes:

One of the many differences from F3/NV...

Yeah its one or the other. I go for the perks more often than not as bobbleheads can put points into specials. Basically I only put popints in special to meet the perk requirements.

Theres a console command to reset your points if you like but I restarted at level 8 as I had done the same as you

Soldato
Yeah its one or the other. I go for the perks more often than not as bobbleheads can put points into specials. Basically I only put popints in special to meet the perk requirements.

Theres a console command to reset your points if you like but I restarted at level 8 as I had done the same as you
I should be alright shouldn't I? I've made it this far :D

Back
Top Bottom