**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

So I started a game on survival the other day. I do like the changes, but I think it is a bit OTT. The rate at which you need to eat and drink needs reducing imo.
Also I think they have made a few bad decisions. Firstly, removing quick saving completely. I know why they did it they want it to be more like Dark Souls where you go from one are place to another. I like that, but I'm not sure it suits the game in its current state. Secondly, what they hell were Bethesda thinking?.. They removed the console! You can't do that in a game that could bug out at any time!

Two tweaks I would make -

I do like the whole no quicksave thing in theory, but it is a pain. Make it so that sleeping Aves the game and gives you, say one quicksave. You can use that until you sleep again where it will recharge. (also make it so that you don't actually have to sleep to save, you just go to a mattress)

Enable the console and some form of fast travel. I would go for something like allowing fast travel between settlements.

No level requirement per say, but there are some heavy hitters depending on the difficulty. It is more of a high level zone (relatively speaking).

Thanks. I think I am around lv25 or so, currently over powered in the main game so it would be a welcome challenge. But I guess I could do the other dlc to level up a little.

Here you go, the mods you are looking for, have fun ! :p

So I started a game on survival the other day. I do like the changes, but I think it is a bit OTT. The rate at which you need to eat and drink needs reducing imo.
Also I think they have made a few bad decisions. Firstly, removing quick saving completely. I know why they did it they want it to be more like Dark Souls where you go from one are place to another. I like that, but I'm not sure it suits the game in its current state. Secondly, what they hell were Bethesda thinking?.. They removed the console! You can't do that in a game that could bug out at any time!

Two tweaks I would make -

I do like the whole no quicksave thing in theory, but it is a pain. Make it so that sleeping Aves the game and gives you, say one quicksave. You can use that until you sleep again where it will recharge. (also make it so that you don't actually have to sleep to save, you just go to a mattress)

SURVIVAL QUICK SAVE - No Sleep Till Bedtime by Gopher

Enable the console and some form of fast travel. I would go for something like allowing fast travel between settlements.

Survival Mode Console by Zion9876

JOURNEY - Survival Settlement Fast travel by Maduin81
Main -
Realistic - Fast travel only works from settlement to settlement and only with supply lines connecting the settlements
Restrictive - Fast travel to Sanctuary Hills, Home Plate, and The Castle from anywhere
Easy - Fast travel to all settlements from anywhere

Options -
Caravan Travel - Allows you to travel directly from a caravan to its home or destination settlement for a fee of 75 caps (Default, if too steep it will be adjusted, can set on the fly by updating global HCH_TravelCost)
Provisioners will now also lets you transfer gear back to their home or destination settlements for a cost. These can be configured by setting HCH_PortBase (base cost) and HCH_PortMult(per item cost)

Anyone here been to, or live in Boston? I went a couple of weeks ago and was there for 4 days. It's incredibly strange and also cool to play Fallout 4 now that I've seen the major land marks that they included in the game in real life. I went to a Red Sox game and my seat was just about where the top of the lift gets to inside Diamond City.

The geography of the game is very accurate, but drastically scaled down for the game (obviously). For example Salem is a 10 minute walk from the centre of downtown in the game, but in real life it took us 30 minutes on a train to get there.

Let's hope Bethesda do a Fallout game set in London one day ;)

Only just started fallout 4, if i add the season pass will that mess my game up(i mean just add the dlc randomly into main game), or is the season pass dlc separate, i mean does it have its own menu in game ?

Only just started fallout 4, if i add the season pass will that mess my game up(i mean just add the dlc randomly into main game), or is the season pass dlc separate, i mean does it have its own menu in game ?

The dlc will load unless you ask it not too.

Adding it to an existing save won't hurt.

Just found this- Survival Saving- Holotapes save the game

A really good solution to saving in Survival mode!

Just to update. I have been playing with this for about 4 hours now. It is an excellent solution to saving in survival.I have found maybe 3 holotapes in the time I've been playing, but 2 of those were in places I knew they would be.

It works really well....I bet the devs are sitting round saying "why didn't we think of that?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom