**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

FTM

FTM

Soldato
my other top tip is if you have anti virus software keep an eye on it

because your saves and the custom ini are in your documents/system folders some anti virus software will require you to allow access to these files by other software

so of your game suddenly stops saving..check to see fallout 4 is allowed to write to your documents folder!

for additional locations..I like subway runner as reminds me of fallout 3!

but of course the proper dlc adds the most stuff..i love far harbour

Soldato
Been out of the FO4 loop for a bit, is Sim Settlements a new DLC then?

Must admit I'm itching to start a new playthrough, just need to drag myself away from the grind of Elite Dangerous. In fact, just last night I seemed to end up in a dream that was set in the Mechanist's Lair...

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Been out of the FO4 loop for a bit, is Sim Settlements a new DLC then?

Must admit I'm itching to start a new playthrough, just need to drag myself away from the grind of Elite Dangerous. In fact, just last night I seemed to end up in a dream that was set in the Mechanist's Lair...

its entirely a public mod...it started off as a one man band but has now expanded into a team

it is brilliant if you want to let the settlers do their own thing..or you can micro manage them to your hearts content, he has even done two expansion packs for his own mod

Man of Honour
Super, so when a mod breaks the lore do you mean it doesn't tie in with the f4 storyline?

I mean that it is incompatible with the story of the Fallout world in some way. Either it contradicts something already in that story or it makes stuff up that changes the story in some way. Sometimes specifically for the game the mod is for, sometimes more generally for the whole Fallout story.

For example, Fusion City Rising states explicitly that Vault-Tec started the war in the Fallout world. Not China. Not the USA. Vault-Tec. It also adds a very advanced city (on a par with the Institute) that has been there for about 200 years (it was founded shortly after the war) and is a tourist location with a huge number of visitors, well known for many miles around. It even has a fully functioning underground railway system linking it to Diamond City...all of which is of course directly contradicted by the fact that nobody in the game has ever heard of the place.

Other ways to break lore are adding items from other stories or parts of the real world that shouldn't be in Fallout, such as adding Darth Vader's outfit and light sabres or giving you a companion flamingo. Yes, there are mods for both those things. Ringo The Flamingo, who wears a bowler hat.

Man of Honour
latest version of mod manager isnt available on the Nexus bizarrely

I think its up to 63.19

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

The reason for that is that Nexus has stopped work on it. They're making a new mod manager. Support for the existing Nexus Mod Manager is being done by some volunteers and is no longer connected with Nexus.

I think that the new Nexus mod manager has been delayed by Nexus deciding to bin their website and make a completely new one. That's not a small job.

Soldato
The reason for that is that Nexus has stopped work on it. They're making a new mod manager. Support for the existing Nexus Mod Manager is being done by some volunteers and is no longer connected with Nexus.

I think that the new Nexus mod manager has been delayed by Nexus deciding to bin their website and make a completely new one. That's not a small job.
Their new Mod Manager was released yesterday to a selected few, the first 1,000, to be exact. Mostly for trouble shooting reasons, although some people that downloaded it most likely just using it for one game and not several to help out with trouble shooting, but I am digressing there. :p .. There be a full release to everyone week starting the 12th of February. I made a separate thread about it here though.. Clicky

Soldato
its entirely a public mod...it started off as a one man band but has now expanded into a team

it is brilliant if you want to let the settlers do their own thing..or you can micro manage them to your hearts content, he has even done two expansion packs for his own mod

Sounds excellent. I might have to delve into that.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Their new Mod Manager was released yesterday to a selected few, the first 1,000, to be exact. Mostly for trouble shooting reasons, although some people that downloaded it most likely just using it for one game and not several to help out with trouble shooting, but I am digressing there. :p .. There be a full release to everyone week starting the 12th of February. I made a separate thread about it here though.. Clicky
hopefully it will not require you to download all the mods again!!!

Soldato
hopefully it will not require you to download all the mods again!!!
If I understand what I read over at Nexus you will have a "transfer" option, but seems it work for some and others having problem. Then again, might been user that should have waited to get Vortex before trying playing around with it. And after all, there is 2 weeks before everyone can download it so any nags should hopefully been ironed out by then, or at least most and the largest ones.

Personally I probably be downloading it all since whenever I going to do a Skyrim playthrough again it be from scratch anyway, just done a few hours in SSE and was so long ago I forgot what I was suppose to go with there anyway. :o

Soldato
Yes, so is Nuka World. I thoroughly enjoyed them both.
The full season pass is only £17.99 at cdkeys so I'd say that is better value.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-season-pass-pc-cd-key-steam

Just don't go to Nuka World too early too early or the AI will grief you constantly. And get your rad resistance as high as you can plus as much Radaway as you can carry - gonna need it (not saying any more)!

I also enjoyed Automatron, although the actual campaign is quite short you get one of the best (non-Mod) weapons in the game (Tesla Rifle) and the ability to build supremely OP robot companions who can also be put on security detail at settlements.

Soldato
I know this thread is a bit old but ive decided to give fallout 4 a try, liking the gameplay so far, was difficult to get working as our just crashed to desktop and had to use an enboost mod to fix it. Aside from that can't use GPU overclock as software crashes game but got the memory at 1600mhz and cpu at 4.5 I had to turn shadows down to high and aa to lowest to make it playable at 4k surely with a 1080 I should be able to run smoothly at all max?

Associate
I know this thread is a bit old but ive decided to give fallout 4 a try, liking the gameplay so far, was difficult to get working as our just crashed to desktop and had to use an enboost mod to fix it. Aside from that can't use GPU overclock as software crashes game but got the memory at 1600mhz and cpu at 4.5 I had to turn shadows down to high and aa to lowest to make it playable at 4k surely with a 1080 I should be able to run smoothly at all max?

At 4k no a single 1080 isn't powerful anuf at 1080p yes but not at 4k

Back
Top Bottom