**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am on a Ryzen 7 5700X so will be initially running it on that. But with mods,I really need a Ryzen 7 X3D CPU or one of the newer CPUs. My RTX3060TI is so CPU limited at qHD,I have it at 50% power target with a custom curve.

Shame the 5800X3D still sell for silly moneys. If it would be £199 or less I would say maybe consider that.

Last edited:
Associate
I've not played any Fallout game before but I bought Fallout 4 because the Fallout London mod looks great. Do you think it's necessary to play the official game for a while before trying the mod?
I really doubt it storywise, it's not as if any of the politics will transfer over (or at least if it does, that's a bizarre decision on the mod creators' parts).

Associate
ah yes, that makes sense. I guess we dont know if the mod will have tutorial sections to introduce the interface and gameplay mechanics, not long to wait though

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You can get the Ryzen 7 5700X3D for under £200,but the motherboard in my PC is from 2018 so better to put it towards a new system IMHO.

Not brand new you can't. Was not thinking used tbf.

My mobo is fine fir that CPU. But just feels backwards going 4 less cores and lower clocks. Not worth it for me. Plus very happy with my 5900X :)

Going to see how long I can keep it for. AM6 would be nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just noticed you said 5700 and not 5800X3D. Is the former worth it? I would go for the latter if I was going to upgrade.

It's about 5% to 10% slower than a Ryzen 7 5800X3D:

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate

How to install and play Fallout London

If you own Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on Steam, please click here to access the installation's instructions provided by Team FOLON®. You will have to downgrade your version, then install the Fallout: London via our dedicated launcher.

If you own Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on GOG, since our version is directly compatible with Fallout: London, you will only have to follow these easy steps:

1. Install the English version of Fallout 4: GOTY Edition via GOG GALAXY and disable your cloud saves.

2. Get Fallout London in our store for free.

3. Install Fallout London via GOG GALAXY and launch it.

4. Follow the launcher’s instructions, and enjoy!

But the "click here" link doesn't exist.
Assume it's downgrade>extract over top of install folder?

Last edited:
Associate
I'll be playing on the steamdeck so will have to do the install on PC and copy it across, an extra step but thinking about the amount of hours I may get out of a free mod it's worth the faff.

Soldato
I'll be playing on the steamdeck so will have to do the install on PC and copy it across, an extra step but thinking about the amount of hours I may get out of a free mod it's worth the faff.
Please report back how much of a faff it is, I have FO4 on the steam deck too and wouldn't mind trying this out at some point.

Back
Top Bottom