**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
so stupid question will the unofficial patch be needed once the new update arrives on the 25th ? I'm thinking of starting from scratch again should I wait until the 25th ?

Last edited:
Soldato
so stupid question will the unofficial patch be needed once the new update arrives on the 25th ? I'm thinking of starting from scratch again should I wait until the 25th ?

If you going to use mods, then yes, wait until the mods you want to use have been updated. Depending on the update, it might be a quick thing for the mod authors or it might take a bit of time. I would wait a while after the 25thg before start playing the game if I were you.

Associate
It's been nearly 10 years since I played this but I've never played it with mods.
Does anyone with mod experience know of any must-have mods I should look out for? Aside from Fallout London of course!

Caporegime
It's been nearly 10 years since I played this but I've never played it with mods.
Does anyone with mod experience know of any must-have mods I should look out for? Aside from Fallout London of course!

Caporegime
Considering a new play through but the update doesn't seem very exciting from the details I can find. It's not even a texture update let alone DLSS/HDR.

Will be Steam Deck verified though so I'll give it a try on that.

Last edited:
Associate
Update is out. My game now crashes randomly. At least I get to see it crash in Ultra Wide-screen.
It seems to be the "weapon debris" option that causes it. It was defaulted to off so of course I whacked it up to the highest setting.

Turned it off again and crashes appear to have stopped. And yeah, the ultrawide support is just a stretched screen by the look of it.

Last edited:
Caporegime

-No performance or graphical updates
-No FOV slider
-No Ultrawide support
-No fix for high frame rate physics
-introduces Lip Sync issues

''next gen" it just works.....

oooooof

Caporegime
Originally posted by enushima:
It broke the mods.
Nothing seems to look ''next-gen'' to some people's standards.
It's Bethesda.
Bethesda logic usually means more bug fixes lead to more bugs.
So yes. It's bad.

:mad:

Also this sounds about right

Folks : next generation from Bethesda meant that people who play in consoles, will have now 60 fps instead 30 ... so this update is to match the consoles capability so that is why they called a next generation update cause those new consoles are next generation consoles.

Bethesda never meant to "remaster" this game with this update, otherwise, it would have been a next generation graphics game.

In this case, if you play on PC ( as I do ), nothing will be different. Graphics and textures will be the same and we will only get some weapons and a couple of high resolution rocks that probably we will never find ... BUT ... we will get a big pain in our butts cause we would have to wait for F4SE to be fixed and all the mods that depends on it as well, so it will take days if not weeks for us to play a modded game again.

The same thing happened when they update Skyrim to Anniversary Edition. All mods broke and we had to wait weeks for those mods to be fixed. So, sit tight, relay and start playing another game till this is fixed. I will take a guess : probably by the 2nd week of May we will have all mods fixed. I hope we can get them sooner but modders are not getting paid to either create or fix / update their mods.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't aware there was any confusion as to what this minor update actually was. Despite someone on this thread telling me actually it was a "significant" update for PC. Was it ******** :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom