**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Tempted to replay this now with the update but I think I'll have to mod out the Preston Garvey settlement nonsense as that made me rage.

Think I'll wait until the community fixes all of Bethesda's shoddy workmanship. :D

Man of Honour
You can imagine what happened at Bethesda/Microsoft exec level. No one expected the TV show to be the hit it was, nothing game wise was lined up to capitalise on the huge marketing opportunity and so there was a rush slap dash panic instruction from some Board somewhere to "do something" with the aim to drive even more players numbers so they botch released the HD update.

I do remember some of the reviews when Skyrim and FO4 came out, some core players were disappointed with "dumbing down" . Skyrim went on to be awesome. I've not really got into FO4 yet, despite sinking obscene numbers into 3/NV.

Will be giving FO4 a crack again soon as and when they sort the mods out.

FO4 vanilla isn't all that good, but if you're into building and you add the right mods it's great for that. If you're not into building, well, it's OK. Apart from the never-ending Preston Garvey quest loop. Maybe they've fixed that, but since it's Bethesda maybe they didn't. It was sort of good for me because it's what got me into using mods. It was irritating enough to push me from "Maybe I should look into this modding thing" to "Bloody hell, this is irritating. If I want to carry on playing I'll have to find a mod to get rid of it".

Associate
I used this mod to get rid of the update and play away with mods, no way im playing without the amazing mods.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I used this mod to get rid of the update and play away with mods, no way im playing without the amazing mods.

So you downgraded the game to upgrade the game? :p

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm assuming the 'update' has broken everything? I only have a couple of mods but I'd hate to lose anything, mid-playthrough. It doesn't appear like I can play anything without updating so what's the best approach, let Steam update and then run the Nexus Downgrader?

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm assuming the 'update' has broken everything? I only have a couple of mods but I'd hate to lose anything, mid-playthrough. It doesn't appear like I can play anything without updating so what's the best approach, let Steam update and then run the Nexus Downgrader?

Thanks.

Personally I updated and will assume the patient bear stance until mods get updated or not.

There's also another update incoming.

Back
Top Bottom