**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Sounds awful from the E3 presentation, I am disappointed that this is the way gaming seems to be going. He started off reassuring us you could play it single player, then the whole video they played after that went on about how you'll need to team up to survive :rolleyes:. I like to just chill out and play games like Fallout and Skyrim alone. It's going to be pointless if you need a team of 4 to take on a bullet sponge enemy thats attacking the base you've spent hours building, or have a bunch of 12yos nuke it for the lolz.

Soldato
Sounds awful from the E3 presentation, I am disappointed that this is the way gaming seems to be going. He started off reassuring us you could play it single player, then the whole video they played after that went on about how you'll need to team up to survive :rolleyes:. I like to just chill out and play games like Fallout and Skyrim alone. It's going to be pointless if you need a team of 4 to take on a bullet sponge enemy thats attacking the base you've spent hours building, or have a bunch of 12yos nuke it for the lolz.

The thing is if was like Borderlands where you can play by yourself or co-op,its one thing,but looking at what they showed I am seriously doubting it will be. Also,seriously now we have random unused ICBMs around the map,after a nuclear exchange where most of them would have been launched?? Why would a Vault be given nuclear launch codes?? Also agreed on the base building,if its going to be like Fallout 4 survival,scavenging will take more effort,and its bad enough if you have to protect it from animals and other players 24/7,but nuclear weapons - you might as well be a nomad in the game and make small shacks,or camp in the Vault! It defeats the whole point of building a settlement.

Caporegime
I was only mildly disappointed with this, then they after saying you can play "solo", showed you in PVP with another person... great ******* griefer galore...

Then it got a WHOLE lot worse when he showed that stupid god damn nuclear bomb crap, not only is it completely illogical in every sense i can think off other than "thats cool" - Dudebro69. Just... no.

Clearly the beta test is the fact that, no there will be no mods here, no unofficial patch (not sure it'd be required anyway with the complete lack of any substance) and no extended script functions, you get what Bethesda can give a **** about.

Soldato
Fallout 5 would have been guaranteed bank though. Some people didn't like Fallout 4, but it sold incredibly well and if they fixed the niggles, would be onto a winner again.

A new genre seems a big risk.
Never underestimate publisher & developer greed though :rolleyes: Fallout 4 they reported sales of $750M in the first 24 hours on sale in late 2015. Its still the highest 1 day launch for any film or game ever! So maybe like you I am old fashioned & if a flawed Fallout 4 could generate that much money in 24 hours surely you give the players what they want & Fallout 5 is more SP of the same not some crappy MMO with the Fallout name tacked onto it :(

It seems to me these publishers & developers are never ever satisfied they make a huge amount of money then for the next title give you even less but make you pay even more as you can imagine 76 will be full of time saving pay to win DLC & other microtransactions :rolleyes:

Soldato
Gamers also are incredibly fickle. They say one thing, and then seconds after a trailer they'll go onboard the hype train i.e Mass Effect Boremeda, etc. Most of these companies know this, and EA are masters of it hence why they can microtransaction to their hearts content. Ubisoft and Rockstar are already there, now Bethesdada will likely join the train.

Permabanned
Well I dip in and out of it,so I definitelty have got my money's worth and the modding is fun just like with Skyrim. My main annoyance with the engine is that its not very well optimised,since it pushes one to two threads massively,and Bethesda CBA optimising their games for AMD CPUs too(Ryzen is not so great in the game).

I haven't had any real issues running it with Ryzen, I occasionally get a stutter in Ft4 but it's rare, as an example it stuttered twice yesterday but hadn't done it for a round a week before then, I started playing Ft4 again about 2 weeks ago & I've been putting in 2 or 3 hours a day since then, I'm up in Far Harbour at the minute.

Soldato
I haven't had any real issues running it with Ryzen, I occasionally get a stutter in Ft4 but it's rare, as an example it stuttered twice yesterday but hadn't done it for a round a week before then, I started playing Ft4 again about 2 weeks ago & I've been putting in 2 or 3 hours a day since then, I'm up in Far Harbour at the minute.

Relative performance in CPU bound areas is higher with something like SKL/KL/CFL from looking at direct comparisons,which is more significant if you do many larger settlements(which also means loads more NPCs),as this starts to manifest itself in worse minimums and more stuttering as get more and more into the game(so think a save a few 100 hours in). There apparently has been no optimisations by Bethesda in the last year despite AMD being an official partner with the company which is utterly hilarious and sadly not surprising after the X87 fiasco with Skyrim. The improvements in latency have helped with Ryzen 2 though,but its still 15% to 25% better on Intel CFL stock for stock it appears. Having said that the security patches for Intel have on the other hand reduced SSD performance which can also cause stutter,which also has an impact in the game,since it likes fast storage(gets worse with mods OFC).

At the moment I really do need a new CPU(only IB Core i7 still),but mostly for FO4,but neither Ryzen 2 or CFL seem ideal,due to different reasons now,and fast RAM is still too ovepriced IMHO.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would give this a chance if it had separate PvP and PvE servers like WoW. The PvE servers would stop you getting ganked and maybe just let you solo or group up when you feel like against some tougher zones.

A world with town/city hubs like guild wars 1 would have been perfect for fallout. If you didn't want to team up with other players you could go explore with an AI group at your own pace.

I only get to play at weekends and solo so can't keep up levelling with the hardcore masses. From what I've seen so far it's unfortunately not really for me.

Soldato
Todd just confirmed you can NOT play offline, there will be other players around you even if you doing stuff by yourself.

No mods at launch, but support will be there later.

Yep,that is why he said solo play.

Be interesting to know if we will be able to host our own servers with just one person on as a workaround, and if that will break the flow of the game in any way.

Like they said with the solo play,they basically said only Bethesda servers too.

Oh,well at least that is £50 I probably won't be spending anytime soon!! :D

Back
Top Bottom