**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Tbh I like the sound of this. I actually find myself playing more multi these days due to limited time

Worst game to play if you have limited time - its more of a time sink game,if you have ever built anything in FO4 especially on survival where you need to endlessly scavenge,and eat and drink. Plus you have the issues of getting sick too. It uses the same build system,and probably the same scavenging system,except you will need to be online 24/7 to protect the settlements from players and animals.

Why do you think some of us have so many hours in FO4?? :p

Think of something like an ARK public server,and this is closer to that. So if your group does not put lots of effort in,you will be ganked.

Beth servers only, so no servers for just you and your pals? Thats me out then. That was my last ditch hope. :(

What a silly company - even with ARK and Conan Exiles you can have private servers. There might be hope if they host invite only servers,but since you apparently "never see a server list" I am not sure that is happening.

Soldato
After seeing Todd talk about 76 in that video:

1: He confirmed its going to be online only no offline possible as other players must always be present.
2: Solo play without combat means just quests as no NPCs to battle. If you want combat that means engaging other players so that is where the real problems are going to be as say your lvl 50 & you meet a group of players who are lvl100 or higher no way you can win that battle is there so not sure about the point of that mode really.
3: Fallout3 is not getting a remaster at all. Todd clearly answered that one!
4: No date has been set for the BETA yet as the game is still not in a fully playable state which is why no E3 demo.

Soldato
Worst game to play if you have limited time - its more of a time sink game,if you have ever built anything in FO4 especially on survival where you need to endlessly scavenge,and eat and drink. Plus you have the issues of getting sick too. It uses the same build system,and probably the same scavenging system,except you will need to be online 24/7 to protect the settlements from players and animals.

Why do you think some of us have so many hours in FO4?? :p

Think of something like an ARK public server,and this is closer to that. So if your group does not put lots of effort in,you will be ganked.

What a silly company - even with ARK and Conan Exiles you can have private servers. There might be hope if they host invite only servers,but since you apparently "never see a server list" I am not sure that is happening.

I’m pretty sure they know the market. A lot
Of gamers like dipping in and out of multi due to time.

That’s why PUBG is popular can pick it up and put it down.

I reckon 76 will be like this and time investing in other ways

Soldato
Why the negativity?

Wait until the game drops to form an opinion.

Why is the idea of playing online coop in a Fallout game so bad when you say compare it to the Division for example?

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m pretty sure they know the market. A lot
Of gamers like dipping in and out of multi due to time.

That’s why PUBG is popular can pick it up and put it down.

I reckon 76 will be like this and time investing in other ways

This is not PUBG. How can you compare a Battle Royale game with a survival game where you need to scavenge materials and build stuff.

Have you even played ARK? Fallout 76 is an online survival PvP game. If you want a taste of Fallout themed survival with build mechanics,play Fallout 4 in survival mode,and see how much of a time sink is.

It uses the same build system - so you need to go around scavenging everything from cups,to paint cans just to get basic materials. You will need to then scavenge even more to build power,water pumps,etc so you can grow food,and to make thinks like adhesive so you can actually do anything.

ARK is not a game you can dip in and out off on a public server unless you have some big tribe with someone doing the dirty work. That games is a time sink more or less like many similar games. Then you have the other issue of tribes hopping servers ganking lower level tribes and players since they can,and this is again not uncommon in such games.

The reason people are not happy there with only Bethesda hosting servers,is that there is no clear indication you can have maps just with your mates,and play against the environment or even your own mates. ARK,Conan:Exiles,etc all enable you to do,so people can play at the own pace,ie,since they LACK time to be at it 24/7.

Why the negativity?

Wait until the game drops to make an opinion.

Why is the idea of playing online coop in a Fallout game so bad when you say compare it to the Division for example?

Because you are doing exactly what all the fans did when Fallout 4 details were leaked by Bethesda. Everything hinted at it being more exploration based and about settlements. Then all the fans instead of seeing the reality,started living in hope and saying it would not be that, then bought the game at launch and then started moaning when it wasn't FO:NV2 for the next two years.

The same thing is happening here,Bethesda like with FO4 are basically telling us what the game is,and people are still in denial about it.

People said I was wrong when I said Todd Howard said SOLO play specifically to mean,playing alone on a server with randoms. Yet he basically said that is what is happening.

This isn't a co-op PvE game,its a co-op PvP game like ARK,but ARK allows private PvE servers and also has a PvE single player mode. So this is basically going to be an ARK public server,where you need to scavenge and then build stuff,grow food and hope you don't get ganked in 5 minutes.

That is a realistic expectation of what we can expect looking at what Bethesda has shown and talked about.

If you even have played FO4,it has survival mode and it was a test for the build system in this game. You can tell by looking at the footage and it seems the destruction is even worse. Look at what happened when the wind turbine is attacked?? Instead of it being damaged like in FO4 which can be repaired with less resources,it looks like total destruction meaning you need to probably rebuild from scratch,so I can see it being a resource sink,which means further scavenging.

However,with dozens of players expect scavenging to be even more of an issue,especially since it pay to gank people with scavenged gear too.

Go and play FO4 in survival mode,and then see how much of your time is spent scavenging stuff.

Then it pays for you to invest in growing lots of food,so you can have enough oil and adhesive which is required for lots of stuff,otherwise you will hit issues.

At the very least if people call out Bethesda on certain aspects there is at least a chance with 5 months to go,they might introduce different modes.

If not all the people defending the game living in hope,will buy the game,than find its not what they quite expected and for the next few years it will be the same as FO4,which people seem to talk with baited breath about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Post is too long to read lol. I’ll probs still buy it because it has Fallout on the box

I’m pretty sure Beth want people to pick up and play, the FO4 scavenging was too much of a bore expect that to be dumbed down or something to let people pick up and go.

Soldato
This is not PUBG. How can you compare a Battle Royale game with a survival game where you need to scavenge materials and build stuff.

Have you even played ARK? Fallout 76 is an online survival PvP game. If you want a taste of Fallout themed survival with build mechanics,play Fallout 4 in survival mode,and see how much of a time sink is.

It uses the same build system - so you need to go around scavenging everything from cups,to paint cans just to get basic materials. You will need to then scavenge even more to build power,water pumps,etc so you can grow food,and to make thinks like adhesive so you can actually do anything.

ARK is not a game you can dip in and out off on a public server unless you have some big tribe with someone doing the dirty work. That games is a time sink more or less like many similar games. Then you have the other issue of tribes hopping servers ganking lower level tribes and players since they can,and this is again not uncommon in such games.

The reason people are not happy there with only Bethesda hosting servers,is that there is no clear indication you can have maps just with your mates,and play against the environment or even your own mates. ARK,Conan:Exiles,etc all enable you to do,so people can play at the own pace,ie,since they LACK time to be at it 24/7.

Because you are doing exactly what all the fans did when Fallout 4 details were leaked by Bethesda. Everything hinted at it being more exploration based and about settlements. Then all the fans instead of seeing the reality,started living in hope and saying it would not be that, then bought the game at launch and then started moaning when it wasn't FO:NV2 for the next two years.

The same thing is happening here,Bethesda like with FO4 are basically telling us what the game is,and people are still in denial about it.

People said I was wrong when I said Todd Howard said SOLO play specifically to mean,playing alone on a server with randoms. Yet he basically said that is what is happening.

This isn't a co-op PvE game,its a co-op PvP game like ARK,but ARK allows private servers and also has a single player mode. So this is basically going to be an ARK public server,where you need to scavenge and then build stuff,grow food and hope you don't get ganked in 5 minutes.

If you even have played FO4,it has survival mode and it was a test for the build system in this game. Go and play it in survival mode,and then see how much of your time is spent scavenging stuff.

At the very least if people call out Bethesda on certain aspects there is at least a chance with 5 months to go,they might introduce different modes.

If not all the people defending the game thinking is something else,will buy the game,than find its not what they quite expected and for the next few years it will be the same as FO4,which people seem to talk with baited breath about.
Where is the Like button again ???

You summed it up quiet well, thank you !

Soldato
Well done me! I was close enough.

I've been playing Ark recently and if it's similar to this then It's a huge pass from me, I can't be bothered grinding so much to have it destroyed by a nuke.

Cmon it won’t be a grind Beth know the market that most people cba with grinding.

It will be setup well for the players that want to pick up and put down aswell as the players that want to invest time in.

Ark is bs

Soldato
Post is too long to read lol. I’ll probs still buy it because it has Fallout on the box

I’m pretty sure Beth want people to pick up and play, the FO4 scavenging was too much of a bore expect that to be dumbed down or something to let people pick up and go.

The fact you can nuke settlements,and they have ramped up the effects of what animal attacks do to the settlements is enough to say,they want to make it a grind since the settlements won't last,ie,you need to keep rebuilding them since if you make a nice animal proof one,someone can just nuke it anyway.

Look at the attack video,the animal attacks have much more damage than in FO4,ie,the wind turbines exploding into pieces?? That does not happen in FO4.

That means its totally wrecked and probably needs more resources to rebuild. The fact they said you need to nuke places to get more rare resources means grinding for the launch keys too and so on. Then OFC people can gank you and steal all your stuff too.

Sounds more like an ARK PvP server to me. There is a reason why people have their own ARK servers.Hopefully I am wrong,but I would rather temper my expectations.

Where is the Like button again ???

You summed it up quiet well, thank you !

Thanks - I just want to be realistic about what the game will be. I did that with FO4 and it was what I expected it would be. In some ways a huge map like the one in Fallout 76,would fit my style of play as I like exploring,like I have done in ARK,Skyrim,Witcher 3,etc but PvP,just no.

I imagine the end game will be people finding where the nuclear missile sites are,and just building as close to them as possible.

At least if I do get the game I will know what I am getting. At this point,I will probably wait until its significantly reduced. Not paying £50 for this.

Bethesda need to get the beta out as quickly as possible so people can see what it plays like.

Well done me! I was close enough.

I've been playing Ark recently and if it's similar to this then It's a huge pass from me, I can't be bothered grinding so much to have it destroyed by a nuke.

If it was everyone on the same faction leaving the Vault and rebuilding civilisation fighting the hostile environment together it would actually be fun.

However,Bethesda seems to show player groups attacking each other which makes no sense.

Vault76 is a Control Vault. These are designed to actually repopulate the wasteland,and as even shown in the video they are constantly told they are the best hope for rebuilding humanity. Examples include Vault 8 which became a high tech settlement called Vault City and Vault 15 which became the basis of the NCR,which is the largest faction in the Fallout universe in terms of population.

The problem is that is that apparently despite all the players on the map,being in a Vault for 20 years,where everyday they are said they are the best hope for rebuilding humanity,it seems instead of working together,people are shown ganking each other. It makes no sense since little battling groups would probably end up dying out.

Worst Control Vault ever.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye, from a lore point of view it makes absolute zero sense (I'm no hardcore must follow the lore fan but...), as you say vault 76 were meant to leave after 20 years and be the people who save the wasteland after the bombs had fell, so lets drop more bombs on the wasteland, but saying that. It fits the point of the game to be fresh to the wasteland and start with no settlements/world to explore, yet.

I have mixed feelings.

Soldato
Aye, from a lore point of view it makes absolute zero sense (I'm no hardcore must follow the lore fan but...), as you say vault 76 were meant to leave after 20 years and be the people who save the wasteland after the bombs had fell, so lets drop more bombs on the wasteland, but saying that. It fits the point of the game to be fresh to the wasteland and start with no settlements/world to explore, yet.

I have mixed feelings.

The people in Vault 76 will be specially chosen since its a normal Vault(it even says so in the videos released so far),so for 20 years they would have been told its up to them to reclaim the US and bring it back to its former glory. The Fallout universe is an alternate 1950s setting,and if you look at the time,there was a lot of propaganda about the superiority of the US way of life and the importance of every citizen to do their civic duty in protecting it. So it feels kind of weird that if you made a proper Vault and populated it with people who have that mentality,the first thing they will do is gank themselves with nukes,especially when they are uncertain if China has survived the war. Most of these people are probably first generation Vault dwellers too. Even if you look at Vault 81,it essentially acted as a control Vault as the experiment failed and people worked together for the better good. Its a common theme in most control Vaults,or any which thrived longterm.

It would make more sense,if the people on the map had to work together despite their differences to survive,and even have certain objectives which need multiple groups to work on together for the benefit of everyone.

An example might be restoring a power plant and then one group had to protect that against animals which try to attack it and so on.

Back
Top Bottom