**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
I've never used 3rd person when I had a choice and generally avoid all 3rd person games. I don't like to have a large part of my view of the gameworld obscured by a figure and I don't like to have the camera angle swinging around back and forth and in and out and getting stuck in the gameworld so I can't see anything apart from the inside of a wall/cliff/whatever.

I thought the max effect of bloodied was double damage. My gatling guns don't do 300 per shot. More like 200. Am I wrong about the extent of the bloodied effect or am I doing something else wrong with my build?

I agree I hate 3rd person too but rinsing Charleston or Whitespring in seconds with the Gatling is a load of fun!

I use all 3 of the Heavy Gun Perks, Bloody Mess, Nerd Rage, Tenderizer, Dmg mutations (Adrenal Reaction is the key for Bloodied) and I'm always laced up on chems (mainly Psychotats) and Ballistic Bock that increase dmg as well. My build is below and it is a little bit mushy even in PA but I dont use sneak or VATS really, I just like running and gunning!

Els6djE.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
damn thought this gun would do a bit more damage. 1100 crits against normal mobs and 375~ against legendary sheepsquash. The sheepsquash couldn't even find me shooting from stealth.

the 50 Fixer puts out a lot more DPS but single shot is much lower

Man of Honour
I agree I hate 3rd person too but rinsing Charleston or Whitespring in seconds with the Gatling is a load of fun!

I use all 3 of the Heavy Gun Perks, Bloody Mess, Nerd Rage, Tenderizer, Dmg mutations (Adrenal Reaction is the key for Bloodied) and I'm always laced up on chems (mainly Psychotats) and Ballistic Bock that increase dmg as well. My build is below and it is a little bit mushy even in PA but I dont use sneak or VATS really, I just like running and gunning!

Ah, that's it. Nerd Rage and Adrenal Reaction and chems.

I'm really not fond of the idea of running around mostly dead all the time, but the sheer power of a bloodied build does have some appeal. Defence through offence - your enemies can't harm you when they're already dead!

Soldato
Ah, that's it. Nerd Rage and Adrenal Reaction and chems.

I'm really not fond of the idea of running around mostly dead all the time, but the sheer power of a bloodied build does have some appeal. Defence through offence - your enemies can't harm you when they're already dead!

I was originally the same, hated the thought of being a glass Cannon and never used a Bloodied in any other FO game but honestly running around like a tank not scared of anything got just as boring. I only use Diluted Rad-X, Diluted Radaway and Diluted Stimpacks now and pop a Radshield if I have to go fully into the Nuke Zone along with Med-X now and again for a little extra tankiness.

I was originally using a Junkie's but I just never died to anything unless it was the Imposter Sheepsquatch. So I thought I'd try Bloodied as I had a Bloodied Explosive Gatling Plasma as a drop before they were removed I started with that....

Now if I hear a rad scorpion, Stingwing or Mirelurk King I'm looking around rapidly because if you dont nail them quick you get killed quick...makes for a more fun experience for me. It also means I can despatch high level Mr Gutsy's rapidly because I hate them!

Soldato
Are the following mutations ok

- Grounded (already picked this up
- Eagle eyes
- Marsupial
- Carnivore

And not sure whether to take Speed Demon with the extra water drain it has

Man of Honour
Are the following mutations ok

- Grounded (already picked this up
- Eagle eyes
- Marsupial
- Carnivore

And not sure whether to take Speed Demon with the extra water drain it has

All of the mutations have advantages and disadvantages and are situational. For example, Adrenal Reaction is purely beneficial if you're running a bloodied build and mostly detrimental if you're not. You have to look at the effects of each and decide how it will affect whatever build you're using.

Man of Honour
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fallout-76-is-getting-season-passes-starting-this-summer/
New roadmap & lots of interesting content plus Atoms are going to be mainly cash only in future so get earning them while they are still free ingame! Challenges are going to be changed so you get rewards ingame instead of atoms.

True, but I don't think the difference will be too bad. As it stands, you get atoms ingame mostly to buy camp things you can't use because of the miniscule building budget, costumes you can only wear if you don't use power armour and repair kits that are inferior to using any of the numerous workbenches ingame. In the future, you'll get those things from the season thing. Less choice, but not much difference overall. The challenges are also supposed to be less tedious. As it stands, for example, you can spend a ridiculous amount of time gathering ingredients to make 15 different alcoholic drinks to gain enough atom points to cover just over 1% of the cost of a paintjob for your power armour.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/fPS...t-introducing-the-2020-roadmap-and-76-seasons

Looks pretty good, 1-2 hours per level and 100 levels is a bit of a grind but it's over 12 weeks. Nice thing is getting specific loot without having to worry about RNG

Another nice thing is that it's less daily. People who mostly play on their days off work will appreciate that.

Soldato
Some noobie questions here and it has to do with talking to other players something I have not really done in any game.
When I press the talk key which is caps lock sometimes I see my name and a speaker icon, sometimes not so never fully sure if my mic is open unless the other player responds.
Why does the notification appear intermittently when I press the key?
Is it only working if the notification appears?
Do I have to keep the key pressed whilst I am talking?
Why do I not hear my own voice in game?

Soldato
True, but I don't think the difference will be too bad. As it stands, you get atoms ingame mostly to buy camp things you can't use because of the miniscule building budget, costumes you can only wear if you don't use power armour and repair kits that are inferior to using any of the numerous workbenches ingame. In the future, you'll get those things from the season thing. Less choice, but not much difference overall. The challenges are also supposed to be less tedious. As it stands, for example, you can spend a ridiculous amount of time gathering ingredients to make 15 different alcoholic drinks to gain enough atom points to cover just over 1% of the cost of a paintjob for your power armour.

Another nice thing is that it's less daily. People who mostly play on their days off work will appreciate that.
The way its changing I understand it means if you want anything from the Atomic Shop your going to have to buy Atoms for cash though (unless you have any Atoms left to earn from the legacy ingame challenges as all other challenges for atoms are being removed) the other rewards are locked to the new ingame S.C.O.R.E. This means a minimum of 200 hours gameplay every 3 months to unlock all Season S.C.O.R.E rewards. I love the new fancy snakes & ladders board game which measures progress & shows you the next reward though. I love how Bethesda are re-using the Captain Cosmos Creation Club fanboy content from Fallout 4 as a reward as well :rolleyes: this shows how much effort Bethesda put into it:rolleyes: :( :eek:
https://bethesda.net/en/article/fPS...t-introducing-the-2020-roadmap-and-76-seasons
"
Q: Are Season rewards exclusive to Season progression, or will I be able to get them in other ways?
  • A: The rewards are limited during a Season to the players who earn them through progression, and we are exploring other ways we may make certain rewards available in the future. In other words Atoms for items you missed if we think we can get away with it!
Q: Will items that were previously available in the Atomic Shop be added as Season Rewards?
  • A: We don’t currently have plans to make past Atomic Shop items available as Season Rewards other than consumables, like Scrap Kits, but we will let you know if those plans change."

Soldato
guess it depends on if they start to charge for seasons like in destiny 2. If it's charged content then people get annoyed that they can't get the final items and all flip out. If it's free then it's just extra loot for playing a game you'd normally be playing anyway.

they need to try different money making strategies though. Like you can get this game for £15 and sink hundreds or thousands of hours in to it. Most good items can be purchased from just earning atoms in game. Running AWS servers costs money, you can check out the spot instance pricing pretty easy and see how many hours you can get for £15

wonder how many people really buy atoms or pay for fallout 1st

Soldato
picked up the chinese stealth suit and the free ultracite PA. Honestly feels like hacking the game, was already stealthy before but now I can run and shoot things from 1m away without them finding me.

With marsupial as well, stealth high jumps are really funny. Can get out of bad situations really easily.

I'm leaving camp with supplies and weighing only 120 of 250 backpack space

Soldato
guess it depends on if they start to charge for seasons like in destiny 2. If it's charged content then people get annoyed that they can't get the final items and all flip out. If it's free then it's just extra loot for playing a game you'd normally be playing anyway.

they need to try different money making strategies though. Like you can get this game for £15 and sink hundreds or thousands of hours in to it. Most good items can be purchased from just earning atoms in game. Running AWS servers costs money, you can check out the spot instance pricing pretty easy and see how many hours you can get for £15

wonder how many people really buy atoms or pay for fallout 1st
The free Atoms are going away though apart from a few awarded if you complete the entire season. They were way too generous in the first year you could earn about 20-25K Atoms just by playing a lot now you will be lucky to earn a few 1000 before they change to the S.C.O.R.E system forcing players into cash purchases for items they really want (there are lots of decent cosmetic items to buy as well at least 30-40K Atoms worth ;):eek: Lots of free atoms challenges were removed last year forcing players to spend real money if they really wanted a certain item or it was locked into a bundle with items you did not want for 3600 Atoms I think was the highest costing bundle!! :rolleyes:

As for Fallout 1st lots of players paid for that Bethesda raked in a lot of money so many players bought into it BEFORE realising it was not all that an advantage (apart from the stash space!).

Soldato
T65 Power Armour is an absolute beast :eek: :p by far the best in the game for DMG & RR & well worth the epic grind to get the Gold (took me since 14th April!). Carry weight is weak though (only 325) now the grind to get enough Gold to buy the Calibrated Shocks then the Jetpack @ 2000 Gold :eek:

Soldato
going to pick a faction today, is there much difference between them for a rifleman/comando build char?
from what I read it's best to take the gold as it's harder to get than rep

Back
Top Bottom