**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

It's pretty bad.

It's not terrible, it's ok for £8.

People say Bethesda games are really janky but honestly thought Fallout 4 was pretty good.

Because this one is online, I guess all the stuff is server side it's awful. The combat is terrible, some bad guys will run up to you, then just not do anything, you attack a group of say 3, 2 react and one stands there doing nothing. You'll shoot a bad guy, get the hit indicator, but do no damage, etc etc the list goes on.

I don't like the map either, too many trees, too many hills.

I don't know why they didn't just recyle the Fallout 4 map, and just like they did with RDR2 and make the game an online extension.

I guess 3 years or whatever following release this is a polished version, I shudder to think what it was like.

The survival/exploration side so far is fun, but too easy.

yeah kinda prefer the fo76 map to fallout 4 map, horses for courses. It's big though so you wont see most of it until later levels, the start area is very treeish and beginner friendly.

Sounds like you got quite a few bugs there with server issues or latency, never really experience that when playing it but that was over a year ago. I think some instances can get very slow if there's other players doing stupid stuff like botting or making huge builds etc

pretty sure starfield is going to be based on a tweaked version of this engine, more jank inbound :p

Because this one is online, I guess all the stuff is server side it's awful. The combat is terrible, some bad guys will run up to you, then just not do anything, you attack a group of say 3, 2 react and one stands there doing nothing. You'll shoot a bad guy, get the hit indicator, but do no damage, etc etc the list goes on.

Reinstalled to play around a bit and on first play it felt awful, 40fps with really laggy kills. Changed 3 settings in the Fallout76Prefs.ini file and it fixed it, 144fps with no lag on kills. It had defaulted to borderless mode instead of fullscreen

bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=0
iPresentInterval=0

Reinstalled to play around a bit and on first play it felt awful, 40fps with really laggy kills. Changed 3 settings in the Fallout76Prefs.ini file and it fixed it, 144fps with no lag on kills. It had defaulted to borderless mode instead of fullscreen

bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=0
iPresentInterval=0

Yea it's a setting in the game menu also, figured that out after a bit as well.

It's still a bit laggy/janky (net wise not fps, getting 144fps like you now) but I think it's because I was literally in the middle of a fallout 4 game when I switched over so going from 0 latency to online I probably noticed it more, must admit after putting in a good few hours it's not as noticeable.

The game is growing on me a bit after the initial "omg this is janky" reaction.

I don't know what I'm doing but I guess so.

I hit the limit of my stash.

Been reading up they give you 1200 now seems it used to be significantly less. So bulked up aluminium and lead, and now started selling stuff at the vendors, I was hoarding like mad.

I now realise because of the vendor cap refresh I should have started doing this a lot sooner.

I must admit I am actually really enjoying the game now, found a nice little camp spot and hit level 25. I'm literally 10 atoms off being able to unlock a trailer park caravan structure for my camp which will fit nicely.

My character ended up an alcoholic (hmmmm) but I've decided to stick with it, setup a little brewery and just carry booze around.

I don't know what I'm doing but I guess so.

I hit the limit of my stash.

Been reading up they give you 1200 now seems it used to be significantly less. So bulked up aluminium and lead, and now started selling stuff at the vendors, I was hoarding like mad.

I now realise because of the vendor cap refresh I should have started doing this a lot sooner.

I must admit I am actually really enjoying the game now, found a nice little camp spot and hit level 25. I'm literally 10 atoms off being able to unlock a trailer park caravan structure for my camp which will fit nicely.

My character ended up an alcoholic (hmmmm) but I've decided to stick with it, setup a little brewery and just carry booze around.
Fallout 1st members have unlimited stash........... :eek:

You can make (when you find the plan) or find Addictol I think its called when you drink too much it cures you as unless you drink constantly your stats get messed up.

Fallout 1st members have unlimited stash........... :eek:

You can make (when you find the plan) or find Addictol I think its called when you drink too much it cures you as unless you drink constantly your stats get messed up.

Yeye I know you can cure it. It took me a while to find the addictol and I got so used to topping up the booze, I've just decided to stick with it now anyway.

There is also a perk that improves your luck when you are on booze.

I figure I might as well try and have a theme for my character, just how you don't use the best armour or power armour, as you just look ridiculous. Same with some guns like plasma rifles etc. Although I can see most apparel hides your armour in 76.

Any less obvious tips you can give a new player?

Anything you shouldn't scrap for example if you find.

Anything you should be doing regularly?

I scrap everything it suggest plus duplicates, everything else I stash if I am not using them.

Don't build your camp straight away, hold off and build it further out, possibly near where events happen.

I scrap everything it suggest plus duplicates, everything else I stash if I am not using them.

Don't build your camp straight away, hold off and build it further out, possibly near where events happen.

Ok thanks, example of the kinda thing, I was selling unwanted legendary items at a cap vendor, doh!!!!!

I've learned now to sell them at the legendary exchange, I still have no idea what you do with the "scripts '? I guess you buy stuff at the purveyor.

But things like that.

Not yet, might have a look tonight. First time out of the main area I believe isn't it? I am only lvl 71 though.
I think I am level 370 plus I dip in and out of the game annually but only if there is new content other than just getting points to go round a board as most of the stuff I do not need or want.

Anyone played the new content yet its called The Pit?
Yep it made me finally quit the game not bothered about it anymore :eek:

It looks terrible all they had to do was 1:1 recreate The Pitt content from Fallout 3 into the newer game engine....instead what they have done is give you 2 tiny little areas which look super dull & bland. No more vibrant red or orange its a very dull looking pale red & orange now. Looks horrendous about 20 years old visually!

Bethesda are so tight they spread the power armour pieces across the entire season 10 (which does not contain a single reward worth grinding for). Even if all content was free it would not be worth playing it's the same old dated boring combat based missions forcing you to find other players to join your team (it's too time restrictive otherwise!) & they have continually nerfed weapons, armour & buffs so your stats are effectively meaningless.

The Pitt constantly drains your stats as the rads need a close eye on all the time ....its boring & the whole thing feels as though it took 2 people about a week to put together it's of a real low quality overall with no rewards worth playing for & the grind to get them all is so epic it will take you several months........... I fot every single reward from seasons 1-9 but season 10 made me realise going forward this is the life support direction they are going in :rolleyes:

Yep it made me finally quit the game not bothered about it anymore :eek:

It looks terrible all they had to do was 1:1 recreate The Pitt content from Fallout 3 into the newer game engine....instead what they have done is give you 2 tiny little areas which look super dull & bland. No more vibrant red or orange its a very dull looking pale red & orange now. Looks horrendous about 20 years old visually!

Bethesda are so tight they spread the power armour pieces across the entire season 10 (which does not contain a single reward worth grinding for). Even if all content was free it would not be worth playing it's the same old dated boring combat based missions forcing you to find other players to join your team (it's too time restrictive otherwise!) & they have continually nerfed weapons, armour & buffs so your stats are effectively meaningless.

The Pitt constantly drains your stats as the rads need a close eye on all the time ....its boring & the whole thing feels as though it took 2 people about a week to put together it's of a real low quality overall with no rewards worth playing for & the grind to get them all is so epic it will take you several months........... I fot every single reward from seasons 1-9 but season 10 made me realise going forward this is the life support direction they are going in :rolleyes:
Ah OK I will perhaps not bother, I rarely bother with the Season things as the armour and weapons I have are just fine for most situations.

I do log in every so often but there is never really anything worth doing. No new end game content since wastelanders is quite pathetic. I refuse to get into the scoreboard grind as i'm so fed up of it. I look at the subreddit and the people there seem content pottering around creating their own fun. So much potentional wasted but seems to be a common theme these days.

Started this the other day, quite liking it and only seen 1 other player in the 9 hours I have played. The camp is quite fun and I can see from videos some of the camps people have built have taken a long time.
Is there player to player in game trading?

Back
Top Bottom