Official FIFA 22 Thread

Man of Honour
Yeah it's not really designed to start fut champs at this late stage. Way too many op squads, all the casual players have given up waiting for the next version and all that's left are with serious players and toxic ones.
Guess I might bite the bullet and buy Fifa23 when it comes out then. It's very rare I have a genuinely good and close 90min game, normally I get trashed by 5+ goals or the opponent quits midgame. I'd guess under 5% of my games reach 90min with a tied score.

Tried playing this new friendly mode Gold vs Silver expecting to have an easier ride and they somehow had silver variants of De Bruyne, Pogba etc.

I've managed to grind up a decent squad now though, one advantage of starting late is it's quicker to get a good team. Maybe a bit lacking in Icons or really elite (97+) players but at least it feels more like I'm losing based on skill than just squad now.

One thing I need to get the hang of is winning the ball when chasing a player, when I am attacking using full sprint the better teams just seem to catchup and grab the ball whereas I struggle to catch and dispossess them cleanly.

Soldato
Guess I might bite the bullet and buy Fifa23 when it comes out then. It's very rare I have a genuinely good and close 90min game, normally I get trashed by 5+ goals or the opponent quits midgame. I'd guess under 5% of my games reach 90min with a tied score.

Tried playing this new friendly mode Gold vs Silver expecting to have an easier ride and they somehow had silver variants of De Bruyne, Pogba etc.

I've managed to grind up a decent squad now though, one advantage of starting late is it's quicker to get a good team. Maybe a bit lacking in Icons or really elite (97+) players but at least it feels more like I'm losing based on skill than just squad now.

One thing I need to get the hang of is winning the ball when chasing a player, when I am attacking using full sprint the better teams just seem to catchup and grab the ball whereas I struggle to catch and dispossess them cleanly.
everyones got defenders with 99 pace now, even the fastest strikers struggle to get away. Servers are trash as well, probably best to try a slow build up game, but your still going to get hammered with defending with a new team.

I'd just have a play now, don't bother doing any objectives or squad builders and just wait for the new version.

Soldato
OP
Not played for the past 3 months but ive just seen some new info on Fifa 23, im going to assume the gameplay will be the same old but one good thing ive seen is the chemistry system is revamped.

Man of Honour
Had a bizarre glitch in an offline game with my son the other day, score was tied and went to penalties except it didn't actually start with penalties, there was a normal kickoff and eventually my son scored, it then went immediately into a normal penalty shootout except he started 1 goal ahead!

Finding some of the objectives a bit grindy (which I guess is the idea), like "Make assists with La Liga players in 7 saperate wins on World Class difficulty or higher". I find the objectives where you have to do them in a seperate wins can be frustrating, like you execute the required action (assist with a type of player, score from outside the box or whatever) but then end up not winning (what I've found is on WC difficulty I can't always beat the better teams that have 95 rating 100 chem etc). Or at the moment I have a milestone to win One Nation games with Netherlands, but I don't quite have 18 NL players so can't enter (not sure why you can't play a match with less than 7 subs, teams do that in the real world). And I know when I do get 18 players it will be tough because I only have a couple of players rated above 80, and you get max 4 matches in that friendly competition per day.

Learning a bit more about general SBC approaches, and that some are just bad value, like Futties 86+ player pick seems to be expensive and often I end up getting a single player back that was barely better if at all than the best player I put in.
Bought some 100k coin pack hoping for a bunch of good cards, very dissappointing. Conversely I'd largely ignored the Foundation Gold Upgrade until this weekend but have got a few decent players out of it, considering all it requires is 11 Gold Common players and 40 chem, meaning I can fill it up with all these rubbish 75-76 rated ST/CDM/GK.
I've not managed to do Puzzle Master yet, seems really hard to get enough chem with all the restrictions. That's the only League and Nations one I have left to do.
Overall I'd say Futties players are too easy to come by, I now have quite a big collection of them. I'm now slowly working on adding some of the lower tier Icons that don't have excessive requirements, did Pirlo yesterday and now working on Blanc.

Soldato
10 qualifier games (i think you need to win 4), then you have 20 games in the weekend league on friday -> sunday
You'll do well not to qualify at the moment. Don't think i've ever not qualified for it The weekend league itself isn't to bad, i'm not great at the game so tend to get 50 odd points. The rewards don't really mean much at this point in the game as most people have end game teams. Think mine is a 96 squad that can't really be improved.

Soldato
Is it possible to update squads in coop careers? I'm the guest on our game and I see a "refresh" symbol on one of the tiles while we're waiting for a game but he doesn't get the same.
I can't click it. I can only look at it... :confused:

Man of Honour
Few mega annoying things have happened lately:
  • Last two Drafts, my connection dropped and you get an auto-loss despite being 7-1 up, what's ultra annoying is I had a great team (190 rating+chem) with Messi, 99 Pele, Mbappe etc etc and not only do you lose that game but you are knocked out so a total waste of a token
  • 85x10 SBC was glitched one day (when 'preseason' launched, whatever the hell that is) so both of them only gave gold players, no Special cards at all
  • FUT Birthday cards removed from packs for ages rendering some SBCs impossible, thankfully they are back now so have done 97 ASM and cracking on with 99 Salah, a right beast to complete it seems with 2x92, 2x91, 2x90, 2x89, 2x88 squads etc. Makes me wonder a bit if it's worth sacrifcing all the players I want to blend into the objective squads where you need to use a certain nation/league etc. 85x10 rewards were ultra repetitive the past couple of weeks but thankfully yesterday turned decent again with a reasonable variety of players, managed to get Alisson and Militao back at last plus 98 Kante
  • Other challenges like play TOTW are impossible atm because TOTW is never available
Need some advice on etiquette, a couple of people have moaned that I haven't rage quit when conceding first goal, but the game mode isn't golden goal like it is for some of the friendlies, it's max chem mode normal 90min game. So I started quitting when I let in first goal, but then when I score first not everyone is doing it. I dunno, it just seems a bit lame that you can't play a proper game of football most of the time, it's really cool when you have a nice 4-5 game or something they are just few and far between.

Generally speaking it feels like there are too many 92-97 cards floating around, I guess this is a timing thing where I've joined the game too late, on the one hand it means there is a variety of players being used but on the other it makes a mockery of there actually being good players, I mean every international player seems to have an elite variant so you end up with nearly all matches being against squads rated 95-97. The absolute worst though is the silver matches, everyone has these elite flashback cards where they are rated 74 with 90 stats and you can't compete with your pub team from GER 2 and Jamaica.

Back
Top Bottom