Poll: ***Official Formula One 2010 Thread***

What version of F1 2010 did you purchase

• Steam / Digital Copy

Votes: 225 57.8%
  • Retail Boxed Copy

Votes: 164 42.2%

• Total voters
Associate
I just had my Steam account disabled, the only thing I can think of is the VPN business with F1, no chargebacks or anything like that. The long wait for support to reply begins.

Damnit - I am at work but just remoted into home and mine is disabled too! If it is for the VPN thing (I play no other games on Steam so I can't see any other reason) I would have expected some sort of communication explaining why??

Soldato
Brilliant ... got 2 new HDD today, so I've done a clean install of Win7 on a raid0 array. Before I did this I made sure to back up my saves so I could copy them over once I got the game installed again.

Tried to load the game ... " No save game found " :(:(:(

Looks like I'm starting AGAIN for the 3rd time.

Associate
I get a message saying my Steam account has been disabled when I try to log into Steam. I haven't loaded steam for years until I got F1 2010 last week and I have hardly played online so it can't be for anything else.

Associate
There is absolutely nothing in the EULA forbidding you from connecting to Steam through a VPN, so why would they suddenly start banning people?

Could be that they have seen the account being accessed from a geographically different location (hence the VPN) and thought it suspicious and disabled the account to protect it from hackers.

Associate
Could be that they have seen the account being accessed from a geographically different location (hence the VPN) and thought it suspicious and disabled the account to protect it from hackers.

That sounds reasonable, although would it not be normal to send an email to the registered address to let the user know that this action had been taken?

Anyone have experience of Steam support? How long am I going to have to wait for them to respond? Hours? Days? Weeks? :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the game, only 2 things that annoy me about it.

Just had a race and worked my way from last to 11th. All was going well until I entered the pits to find all the other cars was just going straight through mine, as if they could drive faster than me in the pits. Then to top it all off I had to wait until everyone else had left the pits until the guy let me out.

My other gripe is Multiplayer, it just seems to be filled with nutters, who don't brake for corners. I know for a fact if I make a decent start and jump afew people it's a no win situation. I will use my brakes to get around the corner only to receive a sharp jolt up my rear. As people would just rather use cars as breaks.

Associate
That sounds reasonable, although would it not be normal to send an email to the registered address to let the user know that this action had been taken?

Anyone have experience of Steam support? How long am I going to have to wait for them to respond? Hours? Days? Weeks? :eek:

Its happened to my mate mortster quite a few times and usually takes a few days due to the time difference between UK/US....

We also wondered if people were "grooming" the OCUK forum looking for userid's to hack... hence the account becoming locked out so regularly.

Back
Top Bottom