**Official Gigabyte Z87X-OC Discussion Thread**

Just installed this board with a i7 4470k Haswell.
coming from x58 the options in the efi bios are mind numbing lol

this is going to be a hard cpu / mobo to oc , going to try and get 4.5ghz stable dont benchmark so 4.5ghz or 4.6ghz would be the sweet spot for me if i can get there.

flicked the auto up @4.5ghz and its booted and works and is stable and that was only 1 option to change but its given me some crazy 1.364vcore lol

going to lower that me thinks :D any tips or drivers i need to install or update ?

just install all the drivers off giga's website but not essential tbh

most those settings are fine on auto,just set the right llc level,cpu voltage or offset/dvid

to unlock dvid set cpu voltage to normal,and then set 45x cpu multi

I have contacted the retailer i got my processor from and basically asked them a general question on the 4670k i bought. I told them that with my computer setup the processor at the max voltage i would be happy with only achieves 4.2ghz (1.24v).

'1.24v for 4.2ghz looks high to myself'

The retailer offered a partial refund which was very unexpected! the CPU cost me £120 in total haha.

Talk about customer satisfaction, I only asked a question!.

turned X.M.P off and changed memory frequency to 1866. PC boots to windows but takes a few goes (3 on then off cycles).

Also, when I power off my on/off button sometimes fails to power on the pc. I have to open the lid and press the power on button.

Are these signs of a faulty motherboard?

Solved my problem.

Turned XMP back on and increased the memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 and this did the trick.

Hope this helps anyone with similar problems in future.

Anyone using EasyTune to control their fans?

Is there any way to have the pwm system fans react to CPU temperature rather than system/PCH?

The cpu has my K2 fans daisy chained onto it and cpu_opt has the rear exhaust Akasa Piranha which seem to function with CPU temp, albeit the reported rpm is a bit optimistic for the K2 fans.

Amazing placement of the PCIe x1, means I have to install my soundcard in bottom PCIe lane and make my GPU run at 8x. Why put it right next to the primary PCIe lane..

I like you. That is a relief because I was stressing about this. GPU and PSU arriving tomorrow and hopefully my Win & arrives as well or I'll have a sad.

Last edited:
Trie auto OC thing. 4.4 was running at about 1.425 vcore and intel burn test made the cores go to 100 in a few seconds although only for a second or two. I really need to learn how to OC properly.

Trie auto OC thing. 4.4 was running at about 1.425 vcore and intel burn test made the cores go to 100 in a few seconds although only for a second or two. I really need to learn how to OC properly.

Far to high.

set everything back to default and just alter the CPU ratio or Turboboost values to what you want and see if it boots up, if it does then see what Vcore is reported.

It might boot up fine at 4.4Ghz without any fiddling of the voltage.

I got a bsod when I tried 42 and vcore 1.111. It did boot though but crashed on intel burn test. It also reported to be running at max speed and not dropping which was odd when idling.
Should I have the 4 pin atx plugged in as well? Not sure if that affects anything.

Back
Top Bottom