***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Surely that's just going to make more people cheat then, it takes an age to level up and save money as it was! I've been playing (not so often) since launch and i'm still only level 38, the thought of getting to level 70 (to unlock the dubsta and the attack heli) is just daunting!

Had an alright night tonight. Played some TDM - got about 15k RP from three wins and then did some random missions. Will be online tomorrow night for a good while and then that's me till next Wednesday.

Then played about with the rockstar editor - pretty cool with a good amount of options! Few screens below from when I remembered about doing this lol
01Vx5nZ.jpg
mgiD94V.jpg.png
YTf0Sno.jpg

Also running a sweetfx profile and some minor enb modifications including high quality msaa which is quite nice

Yup these settings are the same as mine, seems to be the sweet spot for keeping constant 60 fps but still looking nice at 1440p, got a couple of 290x cards on the way to replace these 7950s now though so hopefully should be able to add some ingame MSAA to go with sweetfx, i tried it ony my 7950s but it flies past the vram cap and the fps drops to like under 50 with 4xMSAA on so i turned that back off again.

Last edited:
I think R* have done something with the RP's and cash that are distributed at the end of each mission. I swear they've been hugely reduced - got no proof of it though.

Surely that's just going to make more people cheat then, it takes an age to level up and save money as it was! I've been playing (not so often) since launch and i'm still only level 38, the thought of getting to level 70 (to unlock the dubsta and the attack heli) is just daunting!

They have. Rooftop Rumble used to be 4075 RP, is now 3200 RP. Used to be 18k dollars, is now 12k.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733724-grand-theft-auto-online/69052900

Is a list of common missions and payouts. Compare after playing some.

It's not the first time they've done this so something has happened. They did it early on in the initial console release nerfing cash payouts on everything and then introduced their higher end cash cards. This will only make it even more of a grind for newer players so they'll turn to trainers.

I only ask as DampCat has observed the same as me it seems. I used to run a couple of 5-6 missions every now and again with a Buzzard for a quick boost of cash. Except I was getting about 10k when I used to get closer to 18-20k.

Last edited:
Survival. Wave ten = 5k XP and 30k Monies.

There used to be this one mission that was really fast and easy, where you'd go down to the peninsula in the north west and kill a bunch of guys then fly the container away on a cargobob that paid looooaaadddss of xp and took like 2 minutes each time. Dunno what it was called.

Coveted.

That missions gone from the next gen version of the game. :(

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they re-hauled mission payouts ages ago. Basically a load of people were grinding Rooftop Rumble as it payed out the best for RP and $ - perfect for grinding, but this obviously wasn't balanced. The mission was way to simple if you had explosives at disposal and could be done in around 2 minutes of you were efficient enough.

GTA Online mission payout calculations have changed from a flat rate depending on Easy/Normal/Hard difficulty to a time-scale based system.

GTA_Mission_Rewards.svg

Update 1.16 reduced the minimum income from most contact missions. However, as mission payouts were set to increase relative to the time the player(s) take to complete the mission, all missions' maximum possible payouts were increased as a result.

Last edited:
Random events are happening frequently right now even in an invite only or solo mode due to the crate drop t-shirts dropping in public lobbies. Such events are armored trucks (roughly 10k reward), shoot down smugglers (30k reward), distract cops, easy with an armored Kuruma (10k reward), destroy certain cehicle (2k reward). Couple this with selling a few cars in between.

Another new hacker/modder trick discovered today, much to my shock and surprise!

I left a server after being sucked/pulled out from my car while driving along at speed only to then be run over by the hacker who I had just killed about 10 blocks away. Thought it best to move on, hence my surprise as I left my garage on the new server and noticed my personalised plate had been changed from the usual Dirty to a racist term that I doubt you could even select.

No end to this madness.

Another new hacker/modder trick discovered today, much to my shock and surprise!

I left a server after being sucked/pulled out from my car while driving along at speed only to then be run over by the hacker who I had just killed about 10 blocks away. Thought it best to move on, hence my surprise as I left my garage on the new server and noticed my personalised plate had been changed from the usual Dirty to a racist term that I doubt you could even select.

No end to this madness.

Did you report it, CAN you even report such things?

Not sure how to!?

No end to this madness.
Blimey :eek: That's really bad too as most folks will get reported fast before they've even noticed.

Do they operate a separated server for suspected hacks. Problem is player vs player brings out the idea of winning by any means necessary, its there in every game that people will 'self mod' the game or map somehow.
No rules gameplay could be enjoyable to some, pretty sure Ive read about it elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom