***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Is anyone getting to know the city at all? I haven't played this anywhere near as much as San Andreas yet but in that game I knew every single street. This is a much bigger map and some areas are quite complex - has anyone got to know the place intimately, or do you follow your GPS and map?

Is anyone getting to know the city at all? I haven't played this anywhere near as much as San Andreas yet but in that game I knew every single street. This is a much bigger map and some areas are quite complex - has anyone got to know the place intimately, or do you follow your GPS and map?

Much like real life i cant go 100yards with Satnav to tell me where to go.

Since last patch I've been getting bsods, not had time enough to play it regularly due to work, the bsod says something about a dpc routine error x00b8, crash dump says its probably ntkrnlmp.exe but google says thats usually a driver fault, it ran flawlessly before this patch, anyone got any ideas/possible fixes? I'm on catalyst omega 14.12 which seems to be the latest, & was using them before this patch.

Can post a crash dump if needed, but guess that would be better in a different section of the forum.

Thanks.

Since last patch I've been getting bsods, not had time enough to play it regularly due to work, the bsod says something about a dpc routine error x00b8, crash dump says its probably ntkrnlmp.exe but google says thats usually a driver fault, it ran flawlessly before this patch, anyone got any ideas/possible fixes? I'm on catalyst omega 14.12 which seems to be the latest, & was using them before this patch.

Can post a crash dump if needed, but guess that would be better in a different section of the forum.

Thanks.
I wasn't even sure that omega was still a thing, I thought it was just temporary. I would suggest at least using the catalyst beta drivers as these have been optimised for gta 5. Edit: Yea, those drivers are over 6 months old, I would get rid of them sharpish.

Been playing GTA on my AMD card since release and never had a single crash but after upgrading to a 980 yesterday I just got my first CDC with a 'ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT' error message :(
Traitor! allegedly reinstalling directx may fix it. But maybe you'll be stuck with it like stark and his 970.

Yep, I know my way around a lot of places but there are a lot of places where even with GPS it can be hard to know which way you're going at the spaghetti junctions.

Last edited:
My garage is complete tbh:

GTA5%202015-06-29%2019-24-04-46_zpsibrldsl8.png

GTA5%202015-06-29%2019-22-27-06_zpskxxtyq9j.png

GTA5%202015-06-29%2019-22-21-34_zpsl5fwqhda.png

GTA5%202015-06-29%2019-22-35-33_zpsm7bfbfvu.png

All maxxed out pretty much and all in Midnight Purple.....I have a fetish :D

Last edited:
Hi,

This is gonna sound a bit cheeky, but would anyone have a saved game I could grab?

Not a full completion, just up to where I currently am. (I can let you know where I'm up to if you're cool to send me something)

I've lost all my C drive data when I rebuilt my pc and sadly my GTA5 saves were on there.

Slowly but surely getting there. The last gta game I knew like the back of my hand was vice city haha

Been playing GTA on my AMD card since release and never had a single crash but after upgrading to a 980 yesterday I just got my first CDC with a 'ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT' error message :(

I had this error a LOT with my 780ti Ghz card.

What helped for me;
Stopped using afterburner
Downclocked the mem and core using Nvidia inspector

Core was about -40 and mem was something crazy like -700 IIRC.

Never had any crashes doing the above.

That was my reason for buying an MSI 980ti and not a Gigabyte one, it was too unstable.

Not had any issues with my 980ti and hope it stays that way :D

Does anyone know how to get around the frequent "The Rockstar Game Services are unavailable" annoyance? If I restart my PC it seems to allow me back in again. All I'm trying to do is play single player. Is there a way to launch social club permanently in offline mode or something?

Their Social club rivals GFWL. i.e its a bit pants to say the least. Initially it kept asking me for my activation code even though I activated it a couple of months ago. Had to delete the social club folder to get it working again. Not impressed, just to play a single player game. Anyway past that now, but whenever I have launched the game, when I go to go back in again I get the above error message.

Help appreciated.

Anyone know how i can turn up my brightness a little, i like it dark, but its a little too dark when i use Lumasharpen, but it looks much nicer using it so i dont wannna disable it.

When I played this at release in sli, it ran very well, now it runs much worse. I'm hearing the latest patches broke it for many 900 series users.

Have to say my experience with GTA V has been very sad today.

Hope they fix it in the future so I can enjoy it as what I saw of it so far looks really good - if only the tech issues were resolved.

EDIT: fixed a couple of my issues now. To play GTA V offline and get around the temperamental social club launcher I just added -scOfflineOnly as a shortcut command line. I also appear to have reduced the stuttering by forcing vsync via nv control panel and disabling in game.

Last edited:
When I played this at release in sli, it ran very well, now it runs much worse. I'm hearing the latest patches broke it for many 900 series users.

Have to say my experience with GTA V has been very sad today.

Hope they fix it in the future so I can enjoy it as what I saw of it so far looks really good - if only the tech issues were resolved.

EDIT: fixed a couple of my issues now. To play GTA V offline and get around the temperamental social club launcher I just added -scOfflineOnly as a shortcut command line. I also appear to have reduced the stuttering by forcing vsync via nv control panel and disabling in game.

i get stuttering when playing logged into R* social club.

when i play in offline mode its gone.

Anyone know how i can turn up my brightness a little, i like it dark, but its a little too dark when i use Lumasharpen, but it looks much nicer using it so i dont wannna disable it.

The setting is found in Story Mode.

Story mode, Settings, Display.

Took me forever to find it as I never play single player.

i get stuttering when playing logged into R* social club.

when i play in offline mode its gone.

Thanks. Sussed out the final random bit of stuttering for my rig was caused by HT being enabled. Which really surprised me tbh as I already have cores unparked and these days dont usually have any probs. Anyway all is good now with 980 sli running 4x AA and all graphics settings maxed and smooth as can be now. Geez did I have to try a truck load of settings to get it to that state though.

Back
Top Bottom