***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Anyone know why I get random crashes on this with my evga 780ti? clocking or no overclocking and with different drivers - with appcrash 'err_gfx_d3d_init' or just total freeze requiring a hard reset

Thanks, I tried this but it always says "Alone" when I go through the menu on the phone?

that's OK. when you have friends in session it gives you the option to do "alone" or "friends in session"

So by selecting alone, only you will enter someone else game, otherwise, if you did friends in session, I think it invites your friends when it finds a suitable game.

I would suggest missions for RP and money - they are a good 2-5k rp a pop with around 15-25k each.

Does the sound settings on this game not work very well?

Yesterday I hooked up my TV as an extra monitor. I was using the TV to watch a film, so I needed to have the TV defaulting the sound. I tried every settings in GTA sound menu that lets you decide the output, but every option was coming through the TV? nothing would change to get the sound of the game to come through the speakers hooked to my PC.

GTA was running in borderless windowed mode.

Is it like this for anyone else?

Last edited:
People may complain that hackers are ruining the game, but it sure does bring people together.

Had an epic party on the beach last night with magic money guns, UFOs, Christmas trees, all sorts of other random stuff and a billion cops. There was probably 10 to 15 players about.

Even when people started killing each other by bailing out of cars to cause them to run over passive players nobody complained because it was just one big laugh. :D

Does the sound settings on this game not work very well?

Yesterday I hooked up my TV as an extra monitor. I was using the TV to watch a film, so I needed to have the TV defaulting the sound. I tried every settings in GTA sound menu that lets you decide the output, but every option was coming through the TV? nothing would change to get the sound of the game to come through the speakers hooked to my PC.

GTA was running in borderless windowed mode.

Is it like this for anyone else?
Did you restart the game after changing the settings?

It works fine for me, I'm always changing between headset and speakers.

Did you restart the game after changing the settings?

It works fine for me, I'm always changing between headset and speakers.

Nope, so I'm guessing it requires a restart? It didn't show me any messages about requiring one.

I know with WoW, when I change sound settings on that, it just seems to update. So I assumed GTA would work the same way :p

Thanks, I'll give this another go tonight.

Last edited:
Anyone know why I get random crashes on this with my evga 780ti? clocking or no overclocking and with different drivers - with appcrash 'err_gfx_d3d_init' or just total freeze requiring a hard reset

Try under clocking your card....

This was the single biggest issue with the game for me. It happens so randomly.

However

I don't get it anymore (I have no idea what it was that fixed it) I am still on 350.12 drivers but now Nvidia control panel does not work and I uninstalled Afterburner.

So it might be a driver issue that has been fixed by the now broken driver I have installed. Or it could be because I have uninstalled Afterburner... Down clocking did fix it for me prior to this. Issue with that is, you don't get the full potential out of the card.

I had threads open in the GFX forum and even contacted cust support as I thought it was my card. (it seems to crash when the voltage of the card dropped below 1 volt....

So as it is.... I have well over 100 hours since it was a problem and I will not touch my settings or drivers for the time being

Good luck

Don't do a job with Jester terrible driver. You'd be lucky to get to Sandy Shores in the time never mind the top of the mountain and the boat. ;)

Proper elderly driver. I think the only reason he takes the Kuruma is that he can't ride a bike.

Last edited:
JESTER!!!! V4NTOM!!! :D

COME TO STAB ME IN THE BACK ON THE FORUMS TOO EY BUDDY?!

BAN HIM JESTER BAN HIM!

Nope, so I'm guessing it requires a restart? It didn't show me any messages about requiring one.

I know with WoW, when I change sound settings on that, it just seems to update. So I assumed GTA would work the same way :p

Thanks, I'll give this another go tonight.
Definitely requires a restart, unsure if you need to change the default device too as that's the way I change it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions but running in dx 10.1 or underclocking my new graphics card do not really seem like fixes to me!

Have Rockstar commented on what the issue is? (probably other than the usual rubbish from software companies such as reinstall directx, .net, your graphics card drivers, re-download the game and format your machine)

Thanks for the suggestions but running in dx 10.1 or underclocking my new graphics card do not really seem like fixes to me!

Have Rockstar commented on what the issue is? (probably other than the usual rubbish from software companies such as reinstall directx, .net, your graphics card drivers, re-download the game and format your machine)

Nope...

I had a very long R* support ticket open. Went through every possible cause/fix and gave them all the details. However they never came up with anything other than standard answers.

Soooo many people with the issue.

Many people with Nvidia getting the d3d error.

If anyone is getting the crash where its at a loading screen or a cutscene (gtav.exe stopped working) and is on AMD then uninstall drivers and ccc and go back to 16.5 beta drivers. This seems to have fixed my crashing and I tried almost everything else.

Back
Top Bottom