***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

I've seen a few people mention this, i noticed no difference whatsoever when the patch came. You guys having problems all seem to have different hardware so maybe its a software thing, im on windows 7, are you guys on win 10 maybe?.

I'm on Win 7 and the game runs like crap since the last patch. It was smooth before. I don't get any crashes, BSOD or anything else like others are doing though.

Game was running like **** for me with the last patch on w8.1 although the latest amd drivers improved it a lot but it still is not as good as what it was before that patch.

Getting even more texture pop in with the latest patch too....

I haven't had any crashes though, in fact I don't think I have even had 1 at all.

My crashing has become diabolical.

You must have changed something no? Drivers? Graphic enhancements? Is AB disabled? Verified game files?

Or are we all just under the random R* crash spell whereby we can crash at any point :confused:

I've noticed whenever I do crash, its not during gameplay but in between loading screens of jobs.

You must have changed something no? Drivers? Graphic enhancements? Is AB disabled? Verified game files?

Or are we all just under the random R* crash spell whereby we can crash at any point :confused:

I've noticed whenever I do crash, its not during gameplay but in between loading screens of jobs.
I get the same crash, I can play for hours with no issue but if I hit some kind of loading or cutscene it crashes about 50% of the time now.

I have tried all sorts of different drivers and settings etc...

Yeah mate that's the worst I've seen :(

Did you try rolling PC back?
I don't have system restore enabled lol

I get the same crash, I can play for hours with no issue but if I hit some kind of loading or cutscene it crashes about 50% of the time now.

I have tried all sorts of different drivers and settings etc...

I don't have system restore enabled lol

The cut scene crashes for me were solved by down clocking my card to 1200 MHz
That did fix it for a while but that is far far from a solution as you are not using your card to it's potential.

Worth a go though

I had a ticket open for ages with this. Not just GTA V that this was happening either.

Was a voltage drop (Nvidia cards) when you went from full GPU utilisation to idle.

I did manage to run overclocked by enabling a constant clock in precision X

That fixed it as well. Again not ideal and not how it is supposed to work.

Isn't it a single player only thing and can't you only use it whilst using the movie maker thingy majig where you can be a alien ect.

I remember when I played the game back on ps3 it was available in SP, just run and jump, then hit circle to rag doll, it was pretty fun. I really hope they haven't removed it :(

Anyone know where V stores it's savegame files? My PC is down due to a possible SSD failure (bootdrive) so I'm lucky I can still access the thing. Got a new one coming tomorrow but it means Win7 reinstall :/

From what I can remember there is a rockets folder in my documents and the save files should be in there hope that helps.

With regards to performance and crashing I've not had any problems for the past 60 or so hours out of my 102 hours played.

I'm running windows 10 latest release , the latest nvdia drivers, 2x970gtx @1430mhz and 3500mhz on the memory and a 4770k @4ghz

I'm running at 4k with everything apart from AA, grass and advanced graphics and I'm getting 60fps 95% of the time with only the odd occasional stutter when I'm driving fast and lots of cars are on the screen.

There are some times when I get extreme lag online when trying to do missions but I think that is due to the hosts connection rather than anything because I've done full heists with some guys and not a single bit of lag

Back
Top Bottom