***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

performance is stellar again, just had a 3 hour session, so much fun its unreal. On a side note, just had a mental thunder storm in the game, couldn't help but notice how amazing the rain looked, I love these Freesync monitors :)

You guys checked out these screenies of ENB mods that some familiar names from the GTA IV modding scene have been working on

bZPF27r.jpg

http://www.eteknix.com/latest-gta-v...edible/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:
Thanks - What drivers do you run, overclocked? Anything specific set in graphics options? (such as vsync set to on/off)

I would be interested to throw in another Nvidia card to see if it works.

I'll plead ignorance, i assume i'm running latest drivers as i get a popup from nvidia when new drivers are available and i download them. My card is not overclocked, and without looking at settings i'm unsure. I'll post a screenie when i get online next with my settings. But, i've not had a crash yet since launch, the only issue i have sometimes is when everyone leaves the session (or i get kicked off it).

Can't do the final mission :( - some time I can go hours without crashing but it always seem to crash at some point, partly because the mission isn't short. Underclocking hasn't helped. DX10.1 next.

I'll plead ignorance, i assume i'm running latest drivers as i get a popup from nvidia when new drivers are available and i download them. My card is not overclocked, and without looking at settings i'm unsure. I'll post a screenie when i get online next with my settings. But, i've not had a crash yet since launch, the only issue i have sometimes is when everyone leaves the session (or i get kicked off it).

Thanks.
It will not be game settings. It will be specific nvidia graphics card settings - like vsync, image quality, AA, AF etc in nvidia control panel or whatever its called.

It must be something that is either new on the 780Ti that the game doesnt like, a bug in the game relating to certain cards that Rock* have not sorted or a component in my system that the 780Ti does not get on with.

As I say, all worked fine on a GTX 670, same drivers, same other components

OK

Not sure if this snake oil or something that might be of help.

This morning I started having ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT crashes when going into the voting screens or entering On-line.

I have gone through my Event logs and found that the Desktop Window Manager was creating a error 2 seconds before the GTA.exe crashed.

This was on all occasions today. I have disabled the DWM via services and not had a crash since.

I will keep playing and see if this does have the desired affect.

The error is related to an attempted closure of the process by another process.

I will be on soon and would really like to join you all on-line

add me if you have not already

bag_puss

:)

Did you try using Borderless Windowed mode to check if the Fullscreen mode wasn't conflicting with anything? I had those errors when I was trying to move the window across my multi monitor setup.

Did you try using Borderless Windowed mode to check if the Fullscreen mode wasn't conflicting with anything? I had those errors when I was trying to move the window across my multi monitor setup.

No I haven't

I don't use any aero themes on my Desktop now so will not miss it running. However I guess it will be needed for multi monitor set up's. Not sure on that one though.

This has been such a mine field to trouble shoot this issue. I don't for one second think that this is a solution but I might help. Time will tell.

On for about 5 mins before "everybody leave" simultaneously. Again.

Can Rockstar's servers just not handle the number of people playing or what? My connection is fine and this happens all the time (but only on GTA).

Tried setting manual vsync to off in nvidia control panel and ending GTAV launcher. Still getting a combination of;

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT
Appcrash
BEX64
bsod machine check exception

Back
Top Bottom