***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Does it affect the fps at all ? Ive found a real nice sweet spot with the graphics options and dont want to upset it too much.

I have found no performance hit whatsoever. I have tested with it on and off under the same circumstances and it was the exact same.

Here is the one I am using:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3450/
Download the files under the title recommended Step 1 and extract to your game directory.

then download the bit that says Download Preset and follow the instructions to add the text from that .txt file into the config file.

Start game, press scroll lock, be amazed :) (scrolllock toggles it on and off)

So it begins.....

:D

Good luck!!! :D

I have found no performance hit whatsoever. I have tested with it on and off under the same circumstances and it was the exact same.

Download the files under the title recommended Step 1 and extract to your game directory.

then download the bit that says Download Preset and follow the instructions to add the text from that .txt file into the config file.

That is brilliant, thanks a lot Gamble :-)

Some of the comparisons, the game looks better with it off. It losses a LOT of sharpness from the game just putting a a dull smoothing affect. It's like looking at the game through some instagram filter.

Some of the comparisons, the game looks better with it off. It losses a LOT of sharpness from the game just putting a a dull smoothing affect. It's like looking at the game through some instagram filter.

Yeah you are 100% correct with some of them. A few guys on here advise to turn fxaa off with sweetfx as it improves on the sharpness loss, whereas others leave it on.

My personal experience of it has been better overall, more sharpness with richer colours. But I turned dof right up with mine and also turned msaa on in addition to my fxaa which now looks ridiculously amazing.

Got a few screenshots to do today from clips I recorded, will try show the difference between it being on and off.

SweetFX on vs off

I mentioned a few posts up I would show some sweetfx on vs off. Here they are.

Settings:
FXAA - On
MSAA - x4
TXAA - off
Shadows - High
Grass - High
Everything else up full

O8xVSZo.jpg.png
eFzvn8Q.jpg.png
6jwmvEB.jpg
UKiX75y.jpg.png
zzbfYdY.jpg.png

Inject smaa instead of fxaa in the sweetfx config. Makes it even nicer.

Im assuming you mean this section?

#define USE_SMAA 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
#define USE_FXAA 1 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique.

Back
Top Bottom