***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Has anyone got a save file at round 50% i could have? Mine has become corrupted :(

I have a 74% game completion you can have if it's not to high.

We all pretty much use the in game voice chat.

You can select the option to only hear friends and crew which helps cut out all the randoms. Once you turn on voice chat, settings / voice chat.

Then select interaction menu (default M key) and scroll down to Voice chat and change it to Crew + Friends.

Didn't know I could customise voice chat, will look into that later.

I've made the switch from the PS4 so should be on regularly now, I'll add you guys when I get a chance too to reduce the numbers of air-to-ground missile helicopter deaths at the hands of randomers I seem to attract!

The Creme Egg plays GTA V with xfire 280s...

How are the xfire 280s working out on GTA V? I've got one 7970 and I'm thinking going crossfire would be a pretty cost effective upgrade, although the only games I have that really need it are ARMA III, this and Witcher 3 when I can be arsed toget it.

Quick hint for the SP yoga mission (apologies if posted previously) - don't use the mouse and keyboard to attempt the moves, switch to the Xbox Controller. Was struggling and getting frustrated with KBM as Michael not even moving. XB Controller easy peasy. And worth completing for the remainder of the mission and
rather weird/funky psychedelic
cut scenes that follow.

Tried to tweak that sweefx profile "1000 times better" or whatever it is. It didn't go well at all. Every time I changed something and run GTA it threw up an error. I'm just going to leave it as it is and get used to the horrendous amount of red.

added you.

are there any other regular players on,that dont mind me adding them?

Slashbored

I'm usually on every night and up for whatever shennanigans we can get into :D

I spotted Malt_Vinegar nearby on the minimap yesterday, headed over to give him the old "beep the horn a few times to say hello", but launched into a job almost as soon as I'd hit the horn once :o

I was playing with you last night, then it crashed :(

All of a sudden i keep getting loads of crashes, it's so annoying!

That was a bit of a rampage :D I probably should have picked a fast car rather than trying to ball around in that Bentley rip off - handles like an utter tank :D

I should be on about 9ish today hopefully if you wanna do some heists and get your level up.

That was a bit of a rampage :D I probably should have picked a fast car rather than trying to ball around in that Bentley rip off - handles like an utter tank :D

I should be on about 9ish today hopefully if you wanna do some heists and get your level up.

Indeed :D what was that other blue car you were driving? That was quick!

Yeah I'll be on! I'll add you in a bit :)

How are the xfire 280s working out on GTA V? I've got one 7970 and I'm thinking going crossfire would be a pretty cost effective upgrade, although the only games I have that really need it are ARMA III, this and Witcher 3 when I can be arsed toget it.

Fine for me actually. I run VSR at 2560 x 1600, pretty much everything on very high/ultra apart from grass and the advanced options and its a solid, smooth 60fps at all times. It's taken a while but I'm on a fresh Win 10 install with the latest drivers.
I'd say for the price you can get a 280x/7970 now it's worth the upgrade in some games, but I've not played Witcher or Arma I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Tried to tweak that sweefx profile "1000 times better" or whatever it is. It didn't go well at all. Every time I changed something and run GTA it threw up an error. I'm just going to leave it as it is and get used to the horrendous amount of red.

when you make changes to the sweetfx config, make sure when saving you save as "ANSI" file type or else you will be syntax errors when sweetfx is trying to load.

Indeed :D what was that other blue car you were driving? That was quick!

Yeah I'll be on! I'll add you in a bit :)

The little one with the wheel on the back? That was the Benefactor Stirling GT, I bought it the other night after thinking I need to diversify my garage, the sound it makes it just awesome, it burbles and pops when off the throttle :cool: It's probably my favourite car in the game now, it's reasonably quick and handles well for sports classic class car :D

Save worked a treat, cheers mate.

The little one with the wheel on the back? That was the Benefactor Stirling GT, I bought it the other night after thinking I need to diversify my garage, the sound it makes it just awesome, it burbles and pops when off the throttle :cool: It's probably my favourite car in the game now, it's reasonably quick and handles well for sports classic class car :D

Yeah that's the one, I struggled to catch it in my T20. It definitely looks cool. I've got one car, the T20 ahah.

Yeah that's the one, I struggled to catch it in my T20. It definitely looks cool. I've got one car, the T20 ahah.

The T20 is awesome, it's been my go-to car since the DLC came out. I can't even remember what my first car was, something crap probably :p I don't think the Stirling GT is that fast, I think it might be because it's got an upgraded engine & turbo powah over your T20.

I've got the other super class cars so pop by my garage if you wanna try any of them (or anything else I've got in there) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom