***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Must stress this rumour.... This weekend and all next week, double rp n cash on contact missions. However will be day by day. So Trevor missions 1day, Simeon next etc.... If this is true, satellite communication will be worth 42k and 10k rp for 10 min duration completion... Solo it takes me 11 mins..

Anyway, that is the rumour...

Friday Feb 19: Double RP & $ for Trevor Missions, 50% off Jerry Cans.
Saturday Feb 20: Double RP & $ for Ron Missions, 50% off Blazers
Sunday Feb 21: Double RP & $ for Simeon Missions, double $ for High Priority Vehicle Deliveries.
Monday Feb 22: Double RP & $ for Martin Missions, 10% off Stilt Houses.
Tuesday Feb 23: Double RP & $ for Lester Missions, 25% off Lester Services.
Wednesday Feb 24: Double RP & $ for Gerald Missions, 50% off Micro SMGs and Machine Guns.
Thursday Feb 25: Double RP & $ for all Contact Missions.

Will see if they release a newswire tomorrow...

Haha yeah it happened to Pete also! :)

Would be up for that as well. I really wish r* would allow for selling guns or permadropping them. Its my only issue to be honest with keeping the same character.

One thing you can do is set your weapon wheel to how you want it in SP and save.
Think you may need to do for all characters but this way when you spawn in GTA online your weapon wheel will be as you want it. Same goes for camera distance although I've noticed mine changing recently after I exit LS Customs for the first time.
I don't play the game enough these days for it to be an issue but be interesting to know if anyone else has noticed this

One thing you can do is set your weapon wheel to how you want it in SP and save.
Think you may need to do for all characters but this way when you spawn in GTA online your weapon wheel will be as you want it. Same goes for camera distance although I've noticed mine changing recently after I exit LS Customs for the first time.
I don't play the game enough these days for it to be an issue but be interesting to know if anyone else has noticed this

Yup, my camera distance does the same.

Just done the single player weapon load out and can confirm that works. When ever I have tried it in the past it never worked, then new games with little weapons. Anyway, just did all three with my preferred load out and it follows over to online. Which for me is awesome as I had to make a minimum of 2 changes per session. So cheers for the tip.

Yep, going into LSC changes the view to 3rd Person nearest...which is not really an issue as I flip through all views during game play, both in SP and GTAO

Must stress this rumour.... This weekend and all next week, double rp n cash on contact missions. However will be day by day. So Trevor missions 1day, Simeon next etc.... If this is true, satellite communication will be worth 42k and 10k rp for 10 min duration completion... Solo it takes me 11 mins..

Sunday Feb 21: Double RP & $ for Simeon Missions, double $ for High Priority Vehicle Deliveries.
Wednesday Feb 24: Double RP & $ for Gerald Missions, 50% off Micro SMGs and Machine Guns.

Fantastic!!!! This is going to be epic!

Just done the single player weapon load out and can confirm that works. When ever I have tried it in the past it never worked, then new games with little weapons. Anyway, just did all three with my preferred load out and it follows over to online. Which for me is awesome as I had to make a minimum of 2 changes per session. So cheers for the tip.

Yep, going into LSC changes the view to 3rd Person nearest...which is not really an issue as I flip through all views during game play, both in SP and GTAO

Also amazing!! I will do this tonight.

This is feeling like a massive waste of money so far, have so much catching up to do that I feel constantly struggling to do any proper missions and keep getting kicked from a lot due to level I assume...

This is feeling like a massive waste of money so far, have so much catching up to do that I feel constantly struggling to do any proper missions and keep getting kicked from a lot due to level I assume...

Do them with the crew :) There's often quite a few of us around during the evening so I'm sure we can help.

If you've not already, add me, my tag is Slashb0red - if you see me around, just drop me a shout, I'm usually able to help out :cool:

I'm on almost everyday doing missions or heists. My GTA name is Radeon85 if you want to add me, always happy to help out.

I'm on quite a bit at the moment as I'm working on levelling up a new character. Will bee back on after work around 9pm.

ive not put much time into this game since i got it (typical pc gamer response to 90% of their library)

what the best way to rank up etc?

i tend to go online, run around the map and try and kill the other people (more often than not dying first)

Quickest way to rank up I find is doing races and side missions. Managed to rank up to 35 in around two days doing those and the odd heist on my new character.

Doing about 3 side missions with as decent amount of RP like 2500, 3000 you can rank up pretty quickly. Wouldn't recommend heists just for ranking up as the RP can sometimes be as bit too low sometimes, and some setups can take a while.

I did the side missions completely solo, saves waiting for others to join and can be fun to do it solo.

Last edited by a moderator:

For anyone online today - is the above happening? Would be epic if it is

Quickest way to rank up I find is doing races and side missions. Managed to rank up to 35 in around two days doing those and the odd heist on my new character.

Doing about 3 side missions with as decent amount of RP like 2500, 3000 you can rank up pretty quickly. Wouldn't recommend heists just for ranking up as the RP can sometimes be as bit too low sometimes, and some setups can take a while.

I did the side missions completely solo, saves waiting for others to join and can be fun to do it solo.

Whats a side mission and how do you find them / differentiate them from other stuff?

Whats a side mission and how do you find them / differentiate them from other stuff?
There are a few ways.

You ring one of the contacts on your phone and request a job from them:

Martin/Lester/Gerald/Ron

And then do missions solo if it allows for 1-x players.

Then with the phone you can do "quick jobs" which means you can pick to go on call or join a job that includes the following:

Deathmatches
Races
Contact Missions
Versus Missions
LTS
etc

The phone is the key to finding jobs if you don't want to host your own and by using the quick job you get put in an already created lobby

EDIT: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...s-in-high-places-week-double-gta-rp-in-select

Its true!! Double RP on contact missions with a different contact each day.

Today is Simeon :) Fantastic! Will be on all weekend playing these!!!! Anyone up for a late one tonight? :)

Last edited:
There are a few ways.

You ring one of the contacts on your phone and request a job from them:

Martin/Lester/Gerald/Ron

And then do missions solo if it allows for 1-x players.

Then with the phone you can do "quick jobs" which means you can pick to go on call or join a job that includes the following:

Deathmatches
Races
Contact Missions
Versus Missions
LTS
etc

The phone is the key to finding jobs if you don't want to host your own and by using the quick job you get put in an already created lobby

EDIT: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...s-in-high-places-week-double-gta-rp-in-select

Its true!! Double RP on contact missions with a different contact each day.

Today is Simeon :) Fantastic! Will be on all weekend playing these!!!! Anyone up for a late one tonight? :)
Lol
Kept on checking to see if it was true and you beat me to it. Seems the correction Game spot received was correct. The order was wrong!! Let the grind fest begin!!!! :D

edit: Luck shot.

Last edited:

We will most likely be grinding missions over the next week/ if we see you on we will invite and get you ranked up.

However golf is a good way to RP and can be quite relaxing. I would go into a solo session and play on your own so your can wiz through it. For a reasonable under par score it is 2K+ It will also add to your strength stats as well.

Back
Top Bottom