***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

I'm up for that elite challenge later if you need another player. It's the one challenge I need to do next.

As much as I hate first person, I will also need to do all the heists in first person as well to get to the achievement for that. Would need to lock everyone to the third person camera.

I am up for the first person challenge as well. I have done a fair few missions first person and get on quite well.

Logged in and its raining money in my garage along with christmas trees!
Never seen a hacker before but there was a party at the airport and as he sat with his mini gun it spawned money bags!
Lol! 15+ people running about like headless chickens!

no worries dude, more than happy to help. Walked nexus through it the other evening lol.

Awesome :) I used openiv last year once for a few cars but never enb.

In fact.....might have a blast tonight as my games ssd is relatively empty at the moment.

Edit: I did have a go. Managed to get OpenIV setup with the mods folder and a menu ready to go so will start looking for cars and so on tomorrow

Last edited:
Meh, Installed native trainer n scripthookV just to see if I am ready to mod yet, nope, not my thing yet.... GTA IV was all over it and love modding....

However cant now get online after deleting all the files from my directory... Keeps saying sign into SC as off line is not available... (deleted profile, signed out of SC, deleted n verified game files. glah blah blah....

Anyway, reinstalling... 1 hour 50 mins to go....

Had a little play last night,i forgot how fun it was when i had it on the 360 :p.It's changed a lot though in terms of jobs etc,seems to be lots more to do.Need to get used to the gameplay again and get my bearings back concerning the map.

Meh, Installed native trainer n scripthookV just to see if I am ready to mod yet, nope, not my thing yet.... GTA IV was all over it and love modding....

However cant now get online after deleting all the files from my directory... Keeps saying sign into SC as off line is not available... (deleted profile, signed out of SC, deleted n verified game files. glah blah blah....

Yeah, even in GTA 4 i used to keep 1 stock version of my folder and one with my stock mods, then i would have a third folder for experimenting with new mods and stuff, same for skyrim as i always used to mess that up :)

GtaV is so huge its hard to keep many spare copies on your SSDs though.

thats why you do the OpenIV way, so you have its own designated mod folder for the modded game with mods. The ASI loader can be turned on or off to select if you want modded files loaded or vanilla. Pretty good system, like I said in another post earlier though, my GTAV folder is now 135GB lol

thats why you do the OpenIV way, so you have its own designated mod folder for the modded game with mods. The ASI loader can be turned on or off to select if you want modded files loaded or vanilla. Pretty good system, like I said in another post earlier though, my GTAV folder is now 135GB lol

I ran it that way right after GTA came out, was a pain though cause it wouldnt let ya run reshade online even, so i still found it best having multiple installs.

Meh It was my fault. I used mod manager and used the change firewall option to prevent GTA going online.... Clicked it off and all is good... However.... My graphics settings are now insane. All maxed apart from grass which is normal... MSAA x4 as well.... sitting at 75 fps... Vsync on so now smooth as... Not sure what has happened for it to change, however not complaining.

Mine isn't that big yet lol Only about 90gb but im sure it will grow as I add stuff.

What enb are you using at the moment?

Meh It was my fault. I used mod manager and used the change firewall option to prevent GTA going online.... Clicked it off and all is good... However.... My graphics settings are now insane. All maxed apart from grass which is normal... MSAA x4 as well.... sitting at 75 fps... Vsync on so now smooth as... Not sure what has happened for it to change, however not complaining.

haha nice one!! :) Sounds like a good mistake to make

Eww normal grass :)

Its really hard finding a nice balance, i really want to use 4xmsaa but it means i need to use high grass, can max everything else, but i love the grass on vhigh.

Been using grass on ultra recently but i see a drop down into low 50s when theres loads of stuff going on like when ya have loads of police chasing me on pac standard drving through the hills. The last thing i want when im escaping from the police is an fps drop :)

Eww normal grass :)

Its really hard finding a nice balance, i really want to use 4xmsaa but it means i need to use high grass, can max everything else, but i love the grass on vhigh.

Been using grass on ultra recently but i see a drop down into low 50s when theres loads of stuff going on like when ya have loads of police chasing me on pac standard drving through the hills. The last thing i want when im escaping from the police is an fps drop :)

Yep for me using x4 MSAA and a single 980, grass is the trade off if I want 60 fps in all situations. I will trade fluffy fields for jaggies every time. Whilst I have tried high n very high grass in the past the hit on FPS is just too great. I have all the other whistles n bells so one less is not a problem for me. I love how my game looks and 60fps makes it that much more enjoyable... :D

Back
Top Bottom