***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Hi :)

Spec's and drivers, (I will take a guess, you have an AMD card??)

What mods do you have installed?

Has this always been an issue or has it started since an update?

my pc is Z170 ASUS PRO GAMING,i5 6600K Skylake 3,9GHZ stock,Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC,Ram 8GB DDR4 3000MHZ,Corsair CX750M bronze,Seagate 1TB,Corsair Hydro H75,Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I use latest Nvidia 361.91 WHQL :)
I have play with mods and without mods and issue persist :(. I have notice this issue is from launch GTA V 14th april.

Last edited:
my pc is Z170 ASUS PRO GAMING,i5 6600K Skylake 3,9GHZ stock,Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC,Ram 8GB DDR4 3000MHZ,Corsair CX750M bronze,Seagate 1TB,Corsair Hydro H75,Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I use latest Nvidia 361.91 WHQL :)
I have play with mods and without mods and issue persist :(. I have notice this issue is from launch GTA V 14th april.

Reinstalled and still the same?

Was your Win 10 copy an upgrade from win 7/win 8? or was it a clean install?

Ive remember a few guys using nvidia cards talking about it on coms ages ago, i got the impression it was fairly common and just a buggy bit of GTA graphics. The AMD guys didnt seem to get it but we got some shadow glitches that the nvidia guys didnt get.

hes in single player m8, in single player ya can add your own cars and stuff using mods. Its kinda fun messing around with it if ya dont wanna play online.

The modders are back big time gamble, been one in every session ive been in for the last few days, luckily there isnt loads of them yet, lets all just keep recording them and getting um banned.

how did you get the Porsche ?

Just doing single player now, to many cheats in the MP and I'm totally bored with that so decided to have some fun with the Story mode. Got so many extra cars in, gun mods, better sounds, 4k textrures, real lightning storms and insane rain mods. It's really good fun, game looks insane modded.

a gtr too :)
24832975559_a6f9858874_b.jpg

can someone help me to fix issue odd texture grass when rainy :) if you have solution here tell :)

Seeing as you have a clean win 10 install, have reinstalled the game, your drivers are up to date (did you DDU them) grasping at strews, down clock your Strix to reference 970 clocks. I think the 970 is 1070 base clock, 1170 boost, your Strix is 100 MHz factory over clocked out of the box. Also. Try playing with texture settings in game and within Nvidia control panel.
TBH I am not sure you are going to find a "fix" that is obvious as GTA can and still is a mystery unto it's self when it comes to weird stuff happening.

Cheers for last night fella's.

I think the crashes were to do with me using TS but might not have been a TS issue. It seems I also had in game chat active at the same time, so most probably was GTA client instabilty with GTA giving up first. generally not advisable to be trying to do 2 RTP streams via two different clients using the same sound device in my experience... Although that might have changed in 5 years... One will always complain...

Seeing as you have a clean win 10 install, have reinstalled the game, your drivers are up to date (did you DDU them) grasping at strews, down clock your Strix to reference 970 clocks. I think the 970 is 1070 base clock, 1170 boost, your Strix is 100 MHz factory over clocked out of the box. Also. Try playing with texture settings in game and within Nvidia control panel.
TBH I am not sure you are going to find a "fix" that is obvious as GTA can and still is a mystery unto it's self when it comes to weird stuff happening.

Cheers for last night fella's.

I think the crashes were to do with me using TS but might not have been a TS issue. It seems I also had in game chat active at the same time, so most probably was GTA client instabilty with GTA giving up first. generally not advisable to be trying to do 2 RTP streams via two different clients using the same sound device in my experience... Although that might have changed in 5 years... One will always complain...

EyesBlue1988 - I saw you posted on Reddit and everyone advised it was normal - what a load of crap mate, it isn't normal as I have never seen this "texture clash" with water and grass.

What I would advise is considering you have fresh installed GTA on a fresh windows 10 and with fresh drivers, is to play with the GTA gfx settings as well as doing what Bag_Puss mentioned.

What settings do you currently have set in game?

And what vsync settings also?

Bag_Puss - I will be online tonight for a while and was wondering if you wanted to try fleeca elite with the close apartment? I want to start working on Elite again.

All - who all would be up for trying the elite challenges this week/weekend?

can someone help me to fix issue odd texture grass when rainy :) if you have solution here tell :)

GTA V does have a LOD bubble around the player, it's horrendous, but I've not see it as bad as you have. On mine it's the shadow that renders a different texture inside the LOD bubble, as you move the shadow renders as you move. It's a horrendous design, but it's one that Rockstar uses to keep performance in check.

You can see it here mate, see how the shadow around my car is high res, but outside the bubble the shadow is low res?? this is a design method used by Rockstar, might be kinda what you are experiencing in a sort of way, but I def do not get that grass like you get. Weird

25279496191_c6b5cbedd5_b.jpg

Last edited:
GTA V does have a LOD bubble around the player, it's horrendous, but I've not see it as bad as you have. On mine it's the shadow that renders a different texture inside the LOD bubble, as you move the shadow renders as you move. It's a horrendous design, but it's one that Rockstar uses to keep performance in check.

*not related to the post*

Tony - are you using OpenV with a separate mods folder? Or just went full whack and modified the original files?

I want to play with GTA but keep my online so might do the mods folder I can turn off etc

*not related to the post*

Tony - are you using OpenV with a separate mods folder? Or just went full whack and modified the original files?

I want to play with GTA but keep my online so might do the mods folder I can turn off etc

yes mate spot on, OpenIV with the mods folder, everything I mod goes into the mod folder, so if I want to go online, I just uninstall the ASI in the ASI manager in OpenIV which then boots the normal files from the GTAV directory and doesn't touch the mod folder. Only thing you need to remember is you essentially have two installs of GTAV in the same folder which makes the game install huge, mine is 135GB hahaha

Last edited:
EyesBlue1988 - I saw you posted on Reddit and everyone advised it was normal - what a load of crap mate, it isn't normal as I have never seen this "texture clash" with water and grass.

What I would advise is considering you have fresh installed GTA on a fresh windows 10 and with fresh drivers, is to play with the GTA gfx settings as well as doing what Bag_Puss mentioned.

What settings do you currently have set in game?

And what vsync settings also?

Bag_Puss - I will be online tonight for a while and was wondering if you wanted to try fleeca elite with the close apartment? I want to start working on Elite again.

All - who all would be up for trying the elite challenges this week/weekend?

my settings gta v are this i show to spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Settings>
<version value="27" />
<configSource>SMC_AUTO</configSource>
<graphics>
<Tessellation value="3" />
<LodScale value="1.000000" />
<PedLodBias value="0.200000" />
<VehicleLodBias value="0.000000" />
<ShadowQuality value="1" />
<ReflectionQuality value="2" />
<ReflectionMSAA value="0" />
<SSAO value="2" />
<AnisotropicFiltering value="16" />
<MSAA value="2" />
<MSAAFragments value="0" />
<MSAAQuality value="0" />
<SamplingMode value="0" />
<TextureQuality value="2" />
<ParticleQuality value="2" />
<WaterQuality value="2" />
<GrassQuality value="2" />
<ShaderQuality value="2" />
<Shadow_SoftShadows value="5" />
<UltraShadows_Enabled value="false" />
<Shadow_ParticleShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_Distance value="1.000000" />
<Shadow_LongShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_SplitZStart value="0.930000" />
<Shadow_SplitZEnd value="0.890000" />
<Shadow_aircraftExpWeight value="0.990000" />
<Shadow_DisableScreenSizeCheck value="false" />
<Reflection_MipBlur value="true" />
<FXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<TXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<Lighting_FogVolumes value="true" />
<Shader_SSA value="true" />
<DX_Version value="2" />
<CityDensity value="1.000000" />
<PedVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<VehicleVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<PostFX value="0" />
<DoF value="false" />
<HdStreamingInFlight value="true" />
<MaxLodScale value="0.000000" />
<MotionBlurStrength value="0.000000" />
</graphics>
<system>
<numBytesPerReplayBlock value="9000000" />
<numReplayBlocks value="36" />
<maxSizeOfStreamingReplay value="1024" />
<maxFileStoreSize value="65536" />
</system>
<audio>
<Audio3d value="false" />
</audio>
<video>
<AdapterIndex value="0" />
<OutputIndex value="0" />
<ScreenWidth value="1920" />
<ScreenHeight value="1080" />
<RefreshRate value="60" />
<Windowed value="1" />
<VSync value="0" />
<Stereo value="0" />
<Convergence value="0.100000" />
<Separation value="0.000000" />
<PauseOnFocusLoss value="0" />
<AspectRatio value="5" />
</video>
<VideoCardDescription>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970</VideoCardDescription>
</Settings>

my GPU is new i have bought from NO COMPETITOR MENTIONING! my clock is 1114 MHz spoiler

B7t62Oa.png

here settings NVIDIA spoiler

U2YRFit.png
3L9efwd.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom