***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

EyesBlue1988 - I saw you posted on Reddit and everyone advised it was normal - what a load of crap mate, it isn't normal as I have never seen this "texture clash" with water and grass.

What I would advise is considering you have fresh installed GTA on a fresh windows 10 and with fresh drivers, is to play with the GTA gfx settings as well as doing what Bag_Puss mentioned.

What settings do you currently have set in game?

And what vsync settings also?

Bag_Puss - I will be online tonight for a while and was wondering if you wanted to try fleeca elite with the close apartment? I want to start working on Elite again.

All - who all would be up for trying the elite challenges this week/weekend?

would defo be up for that, I will look again at the vid as well...

I would also be up for taking someone/more than one, through Criminal mastermind as I do enjoy it.

However I am fed up of getting bronze all the time.. LOL but that is what happens when you play with great players..... ;)

my GPU is new i have bought from Amazon my clock is 1114 MHz spoiler

Try down clocking it to 1050 MHz and test that.

That really is all I can think of. I had load of issues when I upgraded to win 10 from Win 7 via the upgrade path. All were all sorted with a clean install.

So try down clocking... Oh and do you have integrated graphics enabled in your MB BIOS. if so, disable and test.

would defo be up for that, I will look again at the vid as well...

I would also be up for taking someone/more than one, through Criminal mastermind as I do enjoy it.

However I am fed up of getting bronze all the time.. LOL but that is what happens when you play with great players..... ;)

Same here, I would like to go through it again as well! Will be on about 8:30/9 I think.

I still need to do all heists and related achievements. Do you get some sort of rebate if you sell a property? I need to get one with a planning room.

When you go to buy a new house/apartment you get the option to trade in the old one against the new :)

I am always up for heists - I think I have you added already? If not, link in sig for my r*sc

yes mate spot on, OpenIV with the mods folder, everything I mod goes into the mod folder, so if I want to go online, I just uninstall the ASI in the ASI manager in OpenIV which then boots the normal files from the GTAV directory and doesn't touch the mod folder. Only thing you need to remember is you essentially have two installs of GTAV in the same folder which makes the game install huge, mine is 135GB hahaha

Very good, I will give it a shot again then this week/weekend.

my settings gta v are this i show to spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Settings>
<version value="27" />
<configSource>SMC_AUTO</configSource>
<graphics>
<Tessellation value="3" />
<LodScale value="1.000000" />
<PedLodBias value="0.200000" />
<VehicleLodBias value="0.000000" />
<ShadowQuality value="1" />
<ReflectionQuality value="2" />
<ReflectionMSAA value="0" />
<SSAO value="2" />
<AnisotropicFiltering value="16" />
<MSAA value="2" />
<MSAAFragments value="0" />
<MSAAQuality value="0" />
<SamplingMode value="0" />
<TextureQuality value="2" />
<ParticleQuality value="2" />
<WaterQuality value="2" />
<GrassQuality value="2" />
<ShaderQuality value="2" />
<Shadow_SoftShadows value="5" />
<UltraShadows_Enabled value="false" />
<Shadow_ParticleShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_Distance value="1.000000" />
<Shadow_LongShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_SplitZStart value="0.930000" />
<Shadow_SplitZEnd value="0.890000" />
<Shadow_aircraftExpWeight value="0.990000" />
<Shadow_DisableScreenSizeCheck value="false" />
<Reflection_MipBlur value="true" />
<FXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<TXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<Lighting_FogVolumes value="true" />
<Shader_SSA value="true" />
<DX_Version value="2" />
<CityDensity value="1.000000" />
<PedVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<VehicleVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<PostFX value="0" />
<DoF value="false" />
<HdStreamingInFlight value="true" />
<MaxLodScale value="0.000000" />
<MotionBlurStrength value="0.000000" />
</graphics>
<system>
<numBytesPerReplayBlock value="9000000" />
<numReplayBlocks value="36" />
<maxSizeOfStreamingReplay value="1024" />
<maxFileStoreSize value="65536" />
</system>
<audio>
<Audio3d value="false" />
</audio>
<video>
<AdapterIndex value="0" />
<OutputIndex value="0" />
<ScreenWidth value="1920" />
<ScreenHeight value="1080" />
<RefreshRate value="60" />
<Windowed value="1" />
<VSync value="0" />
<Stereo value="0" />
<Convergence value="0.100000" />
<Separation value="0.000000" />
<PauseOnFocusLoss value="0" />
<AspectRatio value="5" />
</video>
<VideoCardDescription>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970</VideoCardDescription>
</Settings>

my GPU is new i have bought from Amazon my clock is 1114 MHz spoiler

B7t62Oa.png

here settings NVIDIA spoiler

U2YRFit.png
3L9efwd.png

I will look into this later, but at first glance it looks all OK.

I still need to do all heists and related achievements. Do you get some sort of rebate if you sell a property? I need to get one with a planning room.

You do, What I do is buy the cheapest garage (25k I think) to get the most money back from the sale that goes into my bank. Obviously if you are swapping properties, you can the money off on your purchase price...

The heist achievements are worth 13 million....

GTA V does have a LOD bubble around the player, it's horrendous, but I've not see it as bad as you have. On mine it's the shadow that renders a different texture inside the LOD bubble, as you move the shadow renders as you move. It's a horrendous design, but it's one that Rockstar uses to keep performance in check.

You can see it here mate, see how the shadow around my car is high res, but outside the bubble the shadow is low res?? this is a design method used by Rockstar, might be kinda what you are experiencing in a sort of way, but I def do not get that grass like you get. Weird

25279496191_c6b5cbedd5_b.jpg

my settings gta v are this i show to spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Settings>
<version value="27" />
<configSource>SMC_AUTO</configSource>
<graphics>
<Tessellation value="3" />
<LodScale value="1.000000" />
<PedLodBias value="0.200000" />
<VehicleLodBias value="0.000000" />
<ShadowQuality value="1" />
<ReflectionQuality value="2" />
<ReflectionMSAA value="0" />
<SSAO value="2" />
<AnisotropicFiltering value="16" />
<MSAA value="2" />
<MSAAFragments value="0" />
<MSAAQuality value="0" />
<SamplingMode value="0" />
<TextureQuality value="2" />
<ParticleQuality value="2" />
<WaterQuality value="2" />
<GrassQuality value="2" />
<ShaderQuality value="2" />
<Shadow_SoftShadows value="5" />
<UltraShadows_Enabled value="false" />
<Shadow_ParticleShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_Distance value="1.000000" />
<Shadow_LongShadows value="true" />
<Shadow_SplitZStart value="0.930000" />
<Shadow_SplitZEnd value="0.890000" />
<Shadow_aircraftExpWeight value="0.990000" />
<Shadow_DisableScreenSizeCheck value="false" />
<Reflection_MipBlur value="true" />
<FXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<TXAA_Enabled value="true" />
<Lighting_FogVolumes value="true" />
<Shader_SSA value="true" />
<DX_Version value="2" />
<CityDensity value="1.000000" />
<PedVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<VehicleVarietyMultiplier value="1.000000" />
<PostFX value="0" />
<DoF value="false" />
<HdStreamingInFlight value="true" />
<MaxLodScale value="0.000000" />
<MotionBlurStrength value="0.000000" />
</graphics>
<system>
<numBytesPerReplayBlock value="9000000" />
<numReplayBlocks value="36" />
<maxSizeOfStreamingReplay value="1024" />
<maxFileStoreSize value="65536" />
</system>
<audio>
<Audio3d value="false" />
</audio>
<video>
<AdapterIndex value="0" />
<OutputIndex value="0" />
<ScreenWidth value="1920" />
<ScreenHeight value="1080" />
<RefreshRate value="60" />
<Windowed value="1" />
<VSync value="0" />
<Stereo value="0" />
<Convergence value="0.100000" />
<Separation value="0.000000" />
<PauseOnFocusLoss value="0" />
<AspectRatio value="5" />
</video>
<VideoCardDescription>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970</VideoCardDescription>
</Settings>

my GPU is new i have bought from NO COMPETITOR MENTIONING! my clock is 1114 MHz spoiler

B7t62Oa.png

here settings NVIDIA spoiler

U2YRFit.png
3L9efwd.png

Try down clocking it to 1050 MHz and test that.

That really is all I can think of. I had load of issues when I upgraded to win 10 from Win 7 via the upgrade path. All were all sorted with a clean install.

So try down clocking... Oh and do you have integrated graphics enabled in your MB BIOS. if so, disable and test.

i have same issue grid box grass(lod dithering) :(

i have did new video 2 minutes now, i have upload
https://youtu.be/G9ju3ahsziU

Bag_Puss - I will be online tonight for a while and was wondering if you wanted to try fleeca elite with the close apartment? I want to start working on Elite again.

All - who all would be up for trying the elite challenges this week/weekend?

OK just did it on a bike and it took 35 seconds from door to car... however I recon another 2-4 seconds shaved off that with a bit of practice...

Video clicky

i have same issue grid box grass(lod dithering) :(

i have did new video 2 minutes now, i have upload
https://youtu.be/G9ju3ahsziU

Is it possible to modify the LOD settings? I just saw there are a few lines for it in the graphics settings config file that aren't in the game specifically.

OK just did it on a bike and it took 35 seconds from door to car... however I recon another 2-4 seconds shaved off that with a bit of practice...

Video clicky

Cant watch youtube at work, but that is epic. 35s... The closest I got was around 25 seconds over the max time limit.

Right - we are doing this this evening :)

Tony - might hit you up this weekend if I get stuck on the SP modding. I have seen some epic cars.

what do you use to apply the mods ?

There are many ways. I would start with Bilago's mod manager. He is very accesable if you have sensible questions and there is loads of info about how to use it. Most importantly, there is an option to disable online and clear all mods before going online from the manager.

You have to be careful about using mods as if they are detected when you go online you will be banned. Saying that scripthookV again will not allow you to do that.

Modding is a massive subject for GTA V, many faceted, some complex others easy as pie. I would start with the Mod manger and then work your way up. Check out video's onlne and use this site. GTA-Mods They are a clean site and very helpful. Also use GTAforums. The sites are good friends with each contributing to each site.

I

Is my internet playing up or are people finding network issues within GTA?
For example when repairing your vehicle or buying weapons it will stall on "transaction pending". Or most annoyingly traffic will spawn in front of me when I'm going full whack on a superbike (lol).

Is my internet playing up or are people finding network issues within GTA?
For example when repairing your vehicle or buying weapons it will stall on "transaction pending". Or most annoyingly traffic will spawn in front of me when I'm going full whack on a superbike (lol).

The transaction pending issue has been going on all weekend. Saying that, it was fixed for me during a second Heist we did last night and not issues today.

The vehicle popping. That has also been an issue for a while now. I had some great footage of a car spawning in front of me when I was flat out... I have also seen various cars. buses and lorry's spawning in mid air and falling down. I believe that is source of random explosions I hear when I am in invite sessions on my own.

Personally, I think R* are making changes to the servers on the fly and causing the transaction issues as it seems to affect different people in different locations at different times.

I had slow transaction pending issues over the weekend, mostly at Ammunation - real annoying. I occasionally get the traffic pop in, though usually when I'm near another player so I don't know if it's just a slow sync between me and the other player.

I'm up for that elite challenge later if you need another player. It's the one challenge I need to do next.

As much as I hate first person, I will also need to do all the heists in first person as well to get to the achievement for that. Would need to lock everyone to the third person camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my game there and yup the grass cross hatching texture issue is still there:

ijQN0Kd.png
Doesn't seem as bad as what I remember although when raining, it does look worse iirc.

Back
Top Bottom