***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Anyway to retrieve a lost save game profile?
SSD died that it was on, I've re-installed it but I've got to start at the beginning again which I aint doing as I was aorund half way through the story.

Did you only have one ssd or was your os on another??

Saved games go in the documents folder on your os drive.

If you only had one...the saved game is gone unfortunately.

Need your help guys. GTAV is crashing at launch after cloning my OS HDD to a new SSD. All my other games work fine. I've verified integrity of game cache in steam, also tried deleting settings file in mydocs . . . really dont want to redownload the whole game again. Safe mode doesn't work either.

6Mr7Me7.jpg

If I backup C:\Users\thedude\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles will my savedata be safe, might try nuking the whole mydocs folder

Last edited:
Need your help guys. GTAV is crashing at launch after cloning my OS HDD to a new SSD. All my other games work fine. I've verified integrity of game cache in steam, also tried deleting settings file in mydocs . . . really dont want to redownload the whole game again. Safe mode doesn't work either.

6Mr7Me7.jpg

If I backup C:\Users\thedude\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles will my savedata be safe, might try nuking the whole mydocs folder

Definitely back up those saves!!!

And I'm not sure about the crashing. I tried to migrate once and got the same results unfortunately and had to redownload. :(

you can just download sumonelses save game from the forums, when i lost mine i did the same thing, if you remember where you were just start from that save and delete all teh ones after it in the saved games list.

Where exactly is the games savedata though?

edit: Removing the whole Rockstar Games folder didnt work either :(

save are located here

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles

all I can say is try deleting the GTAVlauncher.exe, GTA5.exe and varify the game files again from steam.

Cheers for this evening, we will defo get that elite for PS no issues now I am happy with my bike route

save are located here

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles

all I can say is try deleting the GTAVlauncher.exe, GTA5.exe and varify the game files again from steam.

Cheers for this evening, we will defo get that elite for PS no issues now I am happy with my bike route

We will get it :) that first time trying the bikes we landed 6mins25secs.

Good games, I have fallen in love with GTA all over again after a week break

Its wierd, im just not drawn towards modding gta5, nothing has made me wanna bother since i started playing online since theres so much to do on there and it looks pretty damn good anyway. The weather mods would be cool though, if it snowed and got real icey and if there were some real storms it would be cool.

Really! So what are you doing online, I've not spent long there but I could only find a few locations to start a coop mission but it didn't seem like there was too much. Sorry I'm a noob online so would really appreciated a breakdown.

I completed the story mode today so I'm ready! Is there much else to do in story mode after it's done?

Really! So what are you doing online, I've not spent long there but I could only find a few locations to start a coop mission but it didn't seem like there was too much. Sorry I'm a noob online so would really appreciated a breakdown.

I completed the story mode today so I'm ready! Is there much else to do in story mode after it's done?

I gave someone a brief breakdown a few pages back:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29238088&postcount=12730

That list isn't everything tbh but covers a good amount.

Ya have to lvl up a bit in online mode so ya get access to a lot of the stuff, it doesnt just throw it all at ya as soon as ya login.

The best thing to do is add a few of us to your friends list and get an invite to the crew and we can show you a few jobs and heists.

Just search for crew in the social tab and find ocuk then ask for an inv, once your invited you can see all the crew members and its easy to match a lot of us in there to our names we use on here. Mine is Bluddie.

Last edited:
Well I have uninstalled my old drivers, Installed 3.62, uninstalled Precision X, Benched my card and now GTA is back ro 60fps with all advanced graphics switch on... So no idea why I was getting such dramatic FPS drops, but seems OK.....

Can anyone help me out?

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 over the weekend,unfortunately GTA 5 wouldn't work "GTA 5 launcher has stopped working"box comes up.After googling the problem tried running in compatability mode/as administrator on all the launchers(SC launcher,gta.exe etc)no luck.Anyone have any ideas or will i have to redownload the 60 gig again?

Rolled back to Win 7 and it worked.

On a side note last night was great fun,even though i was like a blind man in a a china shop at times :D

Just been blasting about on this (story mode), not played it for eons, have they just added that music you get when you get the coppers after you ?, as when i got them after me, this cracking guitar track started :p

Back
Top Bottom