***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Just having something to eat and then I'm jumping on again :)

Should be on by 9.00pm.

Finally manged to hit the 12 Million RP and get above our cheater in resident black_bear...

Might be about this evening with s bit of luck, massive fails last couple of days...

Nice job on passing that cheater, he's slowly going down the list :)

Last edited by a moderator:
me too, pizza on the way

edit: pizza took way too long arriving..only just finished it and im falling asleep now...not gonna bother coming on as ill probably just fall asleep :)

Last edited:
Its wierd, im just not drawn towards modding gta5, nothing has made me wanna bother since i started playing online since theres so much to do on there and it looks pretty damn good anyway. The weather mods would be cool though, if it snowed and got real icey and if there were some real storms it would be cool.

Anyone getting an activation request when they try logging on? I cant login just keeps asking me to enter my activation code, i dug out the box and stuck in the code but it just says error.

Anyone getting an activation request when they try logging on? I cant login just keeps asking me to enter my activation code, i dug out the box and stuck in the code but it just says error.

There are issues with activation codes, its nothing to do with the code but issues with R* servers this afternoon. I had a couple of unavailable earlier but seems OK now.

Since I reinstalled the game a couple of weeks ago I have been having a nightmare with my gfx settings. Solid 60 and then drops to 40-45
Made loads of tweaks, still the same. So this afternoon, while cursing the rubbish performance, I DDU and reinstalled the drivers. (361.43) Bingo..... solid 60 in all areas.
Just driven around the map in my T20 both night and day fine. flew my Besra around same night n day and again a solid 60... So I have no idea what was going on but reinstalling the drivers resolved everything.....

Looking to get this as maybe my first purchase, getting back into pc gaming. Are rockstars servers really that bad that you should only look at steam?

Also is it the sort of game that may appear on the steam Easter sale? A bit reluctant to drop 40 on it.

Looking to get this as maybe my first purchase, getting back into pc gaming. Are rockstars servers really that bad that you should only look at steam?

Also is it the sort of game that may appear on the steam Easter sale? A bit reluctant to drop 40 on it.

the servers are the same, either if you get it on steam or rockstar, usually they run ok.
you probably can get it much cheaper from cdkeys websites.

Personally I would get it on steam as there have been horror stories of social club download servers. yep, steam is another layer of failure, however I can only think of 1 outage that was steam related.

I would also look at some of the other official game sites that do steam keys. It might be on an Easter special but other key sites do seem to have it cheaper for longer. Also look at the retail version. Rain forest has it for 31 quid atm and you just use the activation code on your SC account and download it. There is no need to use the disks and It can be much cheaper than a normal digital copy.

You wont regret getting it.

I have only had problems with the rockstar launcher when it was launch day, and on the first DLC drop. Aside from that its always been fine for me.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/grand-theft-auto-v-5-pc-cd-key

£24.90 on cd keys, and they do a 5% discount for liking their facebook page.

I got mine from there on Launch and it was flawless.

In regards to what Strudders said, Steam users have had a less problematic life, but due to the game being settled now, its no different.

Jumping on now :) Havent played properly all week so looking forward to this. Hit me up for heists etc

Back
Top Bottom