***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Can anyone help me out?

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 over the weekend,unfortunately GTA 5 wouldn't work "GTA 5 launcher has stopped working"box comes up.After googling the problem tried running in compatability mode/as administrator on all the launchers(SC launcher,gta.exe etc)no luck.Anyone have any ideas or will i have to redownload the 60 gig again?

Rolled back to Win 7 and it worked.

On a side note last night was great fun,even though i was like a blind man in a a china shop at times :D

Is your game on the same drive as your OS? I had a ton of problems "upgrading" to windows 10, where as a fresh install worked wonders.

I cant really help, as I would always advise a fresh install other than an upgrade.

And no worries, was good :)

Few random screenshots(Full res in spoiler) and a random youtube clip of two things I thought were pretty....lucky:
7Qvm5gbh.png.jpg
DJsGvZPh.png.jpg
u1zbfWgh.jpg
DDwrly1h.png.jpg
Mprs0A1h.jpg
8THhNE2h.jpg

7Qvm5gb.png
DJsGvZP.png
u1zbfWg.jpg
DDwrly1.png
Mprs0A1.jpg
8THhNE2.jpg

Is your game on the same drive as your OS? I had a ton of problems "upgrading" to windows 10, where as a fresh install worked wonders.

I cant really help, as I would always advise a fresh install other than an upgrade.

Ok thanks.I'll gamesave manager over to another drive then fresh install.I have 10 iso on cd so i'll try that,60 gig dl is 8 hrs or so lol.

Nice pics and clips,that hydrant one i jumped on it just after you,didnt make the roof though :p

Ok thanks.I'll gamesave manager over to another drive then fresh install.I have 10 iso on cd so i'll try that,60 gig dl is 8 hrs or so lol.

Nice pics and clips,that hydrant one i jumped on it just after you,didnt make the roof though :p

That's the first time I have ever been able to do it lol

Checking over my youtube upload as well as the recorded footage, the quality is a bit crap...need to find another way to record I think.

IF ya hold your phone real steady in your teeth to record as you play you should see a noticable increase in quality ;)

lol!! :P

I might try Bandicam again, shadowplay is good but the only game I record is GTA so use the in game recorded, then record the edited footage for better quality. And better cutting together. Will mess about during the week

All the clips I thought I took tonight of the hydras, Bag's epic upside down landing, and all the bike stuff didn't record in game, what a pain!!!! :(

That doesnt matter, it just means we get to try it again :)

We had a few good jumps from the car but none of them sent us 1000ft in the the air. We should try if on a mountian road and get some proper air :)

lol!! :P

I might try Bandicam again, shadowplay is good but the only game I record is GTA so use the in game recorded, then record the edited footage for better quality. And better cutting together. Will mess about during the week

All the clips I thought I took tonight of the hydras, Bag's epic upside down landing, and all the bike stuff didn't record in game, what a pain!!!! :(

I have a couple of epic bike flying clips.

Do you use the action replay function? If so, how long does that record for?

Great night messing about with aircraft, bikes. Cheers.

I have a couple of epic bike flying clips.

Do you use the action replay function? If so, how long does that record for?

Great night messing about with aircraft, bikes. Cheers.

It depends on the amount of data its processing but as long as you hit F1 (after action replay is enabled) after the event you want to record happens, it will capture it.

For example, If I stand still for 2/3 minutes, and hit F1 to capture quick record it will probably capture that whole 2/3 minutes.

Whereas if I'm on a bike in a forest driving around with lots of textures passing me etc, and I hit F1, it will capture maybe 35-60seconds.

Same thing applies to the normal manual record but you can leave that on and it records in the same way - depending on textures sizes etc it split up the files but when you patch them together, it is seemless.

Back
Top Bottom