• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Soldato
People will always buy them and day one prices aren't actually to bad for what you're getting. Bascially within touching distance of the GTX680 and trading blows with the 7970 whilst clearly ahead of the 7950. Pricing seems fair when you compare to the competition imo. I personally would be tempted if they were closer to the £300 for cards with decent coolers like the Windforce or KFA2 OC one but at £320-330 for a reference design card which has limited overclocking ability I'm not interested. I'll wait for prices to stabilize and perhaps see what AMD do wrt their pricing before jumping.

Associate
Not sure what to go for, Windforce or Superclocked EVGA? Windforce is only £10 more expensive, but it blows hot air into the case. On the other hand, it can also support the 680 backplate so I can cover the horrible PCB! I prefer the look of the EVGA card, but not with the short PCB :(

Opinions?

Associate
Not sure what to go for, Windforce or Superclocked EVGA? Windforce is only £10 more expensive, but it blows hot air into the case. On the other hand, it can also support the 680 backplate so I can cover the horrible PCB! I prefer the look of the EVGA card, but not with the short PCB :(

Opinions?

EVGA all day long. Thats why im waiting for the 680 ftw 4gb to come in on the 31/5/12

Soldato

Sold over 200 GTX 670's! :o omg! hope their is extra people going mad in the ocuk warehouse lol. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I just don't like the horizontally challenged PCB. With a big, virtually empty plastic box stuck on the end.

My thoughts too. With higher stock clocks, 6 + 8 pin and better cooling, I think I may get the windforce. Here we go, better check bank account first! :D

Also Gibbo, any word of more backplates for 680s (which apparantly fit on the windforce 670) coming back in stock? It just says overdue.

Associate
On the windforce, that youtube vid above said the stock clock is 1006mhz, while on ocuk it says it's 980mhz. Which is correct?

EDIT: Ignore me, read it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom