Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
Hi, setting up in my garage. Not enough space for a full cage so was going to get the Bodymax CF415 (£152)
http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk...catchers.php?gclid=CIqF7szr6MoCFYU_GwodMI0E5w

However I notice there is another one by MiraFit (adjustable squat rack £80) which looks identical except the connector is yellow rather than red.
https://www.mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-adjustable-squat-rack-with-dip-bars.html

Anyone know if the Mirafit is as good as the Bodymax rack? It is almost half the price! :D

Soldato
Considering a rower for my garage for my "active rest" days. Got up to about £500 to spend, although wifey would prefer sub £300.

Noise isn't a concern, needs to have heart monitoring, don't mind buying a seperate attachment for this though. Would prefer a large clear display that would track current and previous workouts. Also needs a setup for multiple users as missus and brother in law would also use it.

Can you guys give me some ideas and suggestions please. Saw the posts a week or two back but that's way out of my price range.

Associate
My gym build is now finished with exception to painting with a durable paint which I'll do after the summer once I know I'm not going to be drilling the wall anymore etc.

Mike

Associate
That looks awesome! What bench do you have? Also, what's the machine for to the left of the bike?

Thank you.

The bench is by Barbarian Line, their Warrior model. The rack is by the same company, 9031 model.

The machine to the left of the bike is a SkiErg by Concept2. The same company who do the decent rowers.

Mike

Associate
Looks great Mike1983 - congratulations on a really impressive setup!

Thanks Ronski, and thank you for your previous input / suggestions. Don't know if you recall but you have given me great advice previously in this thread which has shaped how this project went.

Now it's time to burn off my blubber and get back to being fit again!

Mike

Associate
Absolutely love that Mike1983! Is that a garage conversion?

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

It's actually a dedicated new building at the bottom of my garden. May be considered to be excessive I know but it's also for my wife and son (when he's old enough) plus a couple of local family members. Figured I'd sink my overtime into something important and long lasting that can be shared with those important to me.

Soldato
Thank you.

The bench is by Barbarian Line, their Warrior model. The rack is by the same company, 9031 model.

The machine to the left of the bike is a SkiErg by Concept2. The same company who do the decent rowers.

Mike

You purchased a SkiErg of your own free will? You complete sadist.

Soldato
Damn, that's a nice set up.. Puts mine to shame! I finally got around to clearing most of the rubbish out of my garage so I could set my kit up. Eventually I think I'll plasterboard the walls, but that can wait for now as it is fairly low down my list of priorities with all the other things that need doing with the house and at least I can use the stuff in the mean time!

2WHkdnXl.jpg

Soldato
Great investment! Wise choice

It's brilliant. I've used a few different "at home" models before and this is a world apart. It's so smooth, love the air flow from the resistance wheel as well. Stores away small and takes 20 seconds to clip back together in the middle.

Just been doing 500m warmups/cool downs and 4 minute tabata intervals in the middle so far. Not keen on cardio, it generally bores me but this at least feels like i'm getting some kind of resistance training in at the same time.

Associate
Suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this, does anyone have any experience selling power racks? I'm considering changing from a full rack to half to see up some space.

Back
Top Bottom