** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Does the snow trail you make in RDR2 replenish as fresh snow falls? I didn't notice this at first as thought that the game just removes your trails, but it looks like not only do sand tracks get covered up by the sand winds around, but also your snow tracks get covered by falling snow!

Must be some big ********** :)

Guess I cant use that world lol, how about white powder.

Last edited:
I mentioned the 2D fire a while back, this video shows fire vs Zero Dawn, ZD has nicer fire.

Also annoying that you can't burn stuff nearby. Even Zelda on Wii U was able to do that lol.

Edit(

Ok so I've found that there is regular frame hitching/traversal stutter in the game as you progress into the main story. I am just over 20% in and before this point the frametime hitching was basically non-existent, this has only been as I've done more quests and progressed.

This is not related to system resources or anything but the game itself, since the hitches can be replicated just by traversing the same area back and forth:

I've filed a bug report with Nixxes on their form.

In more amusing events, seems Aloy gets the jitters when up really high lol...

@TNA did you do any of the horse races? That felt like Mario Kart, picking up items and power ups lol.

Last edited:
It's not part of the story, you might come across them you might not depending on how you roam around on the map so it seems, so at least now you know a race exists that you can find and take part in but where and what it entails you'll have to find out.

The game post-patch does have working HDR now, but it's not HDR to the quality of games like Cyberpunk, so for that reason, like with most games, I don't really care for it and instead favour as perfect as SDR tones can be for which this does really well in my OLED's most colour accurate mode :cool:

The game post-patch does have working HDR now, but it's not HDR to the quality of games like Cyberpunk, so for that reason, like with most games, I don't really care for it and instead favour as perfect as SDR tones can be for which this does really well in my OLED's most colour accurate mode :cool:

Aw monitor is wasted on you :cry: :p

Don't know how you don't see how much better the HDR is over SDR in this.

@TNA did you do any of the horse races? That felt like Mario Kart, picking up items and power ups lol.

I found them, was about to do it but wanted to finish another quest I was on first. I can fast travel there when I want now though :D

Last edited:
Interestingly I have played on and off with HDR, just not since the patch. I did play with it just now though and can confirm that it seems the frametime hitching with HDR enabled is gone. I recorded some HDR gameplay during a boss fight and all the way travelling to, during and from this section there were no adverse frame hitches all whilst HDR was on. Weird.

(probably take ages to process the HDR version)

Anyway, HDR does look good I will admit, it looks better with the official slider fixed than the modded implementation pre-patch.

Because the frametime hitching is gone with HDR on, this gives an extra reason to keep it on whilst playing I suppose :p

Lol. You guys don't explore properly then. I go to every single fire pit, every question mark. Actually there was absolutely zero things left to do on the map when I was done playing HZD :D
Ha ha, yeh I definitely didn't do that.
Think my biggest issue with fw was doing it straight after zd, probably burnt out on it.
Kind of wish I had a few years in between, and fw on ps5 at release had serious aa issues.
Still think zd was the better game even with all that in mind tho.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom