****** Official IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad ******

Soldato
A detailed review of Fokker DR1 physics in Flying Circus from current real life owner :D

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/38067-fokker-dri-discussion/

398742679_FokkerPostFlight.jpg.8e563d770228178e4c174cc5e3451227.jpg

Associate

See where this chap is taking off and landing from! Easy to go wrong with big trees and all :). Good show.
must have been "exciting" back in the WW1 days.

Associate
Only 33pc on Kuban which is annoying, only one I haven't got. Would have bought at 66pc

Oh yea, sorry I didn't spot that Boycey.

I am a bit confused about the steam thing (which I have to start IL2 COD Blitz with), it says that if you use Kuban through steam you have to purchase Battle of Stalingrad for it to work. BOS is a cheap as chips either way.

Do you chaps run IL2 series through steam or stand alone? What do you recommend?

Btw, I also can no longer log into my steam account, tried password recovery but the email it wants to send it to is not mine. I have contacted technical support and waiting for reply.

I will be hanging out for some meatier discounts on Rise of Flight (I'm pretty skint at mo).

Soldato
I use steam as it's identical to the standalone launcher and like it keeping updated for me, otherwise I forget and when I want to play have to wait hours for an update. I think you have to have BoS but can then have any comboof add-ons after that

Soldato
Winter planes of Stalingrad and summer sea+mountains of Kuban are my favourite in IL2. Not a fan of IL2:Moscow at all, although Bf-109E, P-40 and I-16 are nice planes there.

Soldato
The ME262 is out for those of us daft enough to have bought bodenplatte.

Its a nice change, displays the same silly ground handling as most aircraft (who knew twin jets would torque steer?) but is nice to fly and a nice change.

Unfortunately with that update came for me at least a ton of graphics glitches, in VR its gone from being one of the best looking and performing games to a massive resource hog.

Soldato
Unfortunately with that update came for me at least a ton of graphics glitches, in VR its gone from being one of the best looking and performing games to a massive resource hog.
Many thanks for the heads up, I will keep it in offline mode for a while! (Haven't bought the Bodenplatte just yet anyway, so no Me262 to miss out on)
And jets do torque steer btw, just to a lesser degree, from what I've read. But much depends on the jet in question, allegedly F-104 had very strong torque steer. DCS's A-10C needs some pedal correction during takeoff too.

Soldato
Many thanks for the heads up, I will keep it in offline mode for a while! (Haven't bought the Bodenplatte just yet anyway, so no Me262 to miss out on)
And jets do torque steer btw, just to a lesser degree, from what I've read. But much depends on the jet in question, allegedly F-104 had very strong torque steer. DCS's A-10C needs some pedal correction during takeoff too.

Oh yeah there's some input required, but I've always found BoS torque on takeoff to be absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely hate taxiing and take off in this game because 70% of the time theres a ground loop and a mission restart involved

Soldato
Oh yeah there's some input required, but I've always found BoS torque on takeoff to be absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely hate taxiing and take off in this game because 70% of the time theres a ground loop and a mission restart involved
Considering 11000 of the total 33000 Bf-109 built were lost on take offs and landings https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...XEKHcC4A2kQ6AEwAHoECAwQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
I always thought that BOS was too forgiving :p

Yeah, I dunno, I love AFM physics in Rise of Flight, DCS, IL2 and tend to take their word for it. Tricycle gear on BOS P-39 Aircobra also fits the picture with all Cessnas being tricycle and never taildraggers... Although Me-262 is tricycle too of course :) Are you using a twisty joystick or pedals? My conversion to pedals was late, but I could never go back now - the only planes that I still spin from time to time are those that lack a tail wheel lock, like the P-40. Otherwise, lots of opposite rudder in the beginning of the run up and gently increasing power tends to do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom