****** Official IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad ******

Soldato
Is there a thread for BOM or are we using this?

Is the beta for standard edition now live?

I think we may aswell use this one to be honest as there really isn't enough of a difference to warrant its own thread, I'd class it as DLC really.

Not sure if its live or not, i'm guessing it goes live at the end of the month, thats when they usually update.

Soldato
guys, summer and autumn maps should be availiable in todays patch which is up now, and also:

Third, today is a happy day for those who pre-purchased standard edition of Battle of Moscow - now they can jump into pilot seats of I-16 type 24 and Bf 109 E7 (only the owners of Premium version of Battle of Moscow could fly them earlier). MC 202 and P-40E planes are still exclusive to Battle of Moscow Premium version, they will be available for separate purchase later.

Soldato
Well the summer map looks great, will definitely make me want to jump back into this more often!

6E17E0C57A791A9AEB079F3E23C6960C86CBEB07

Soldato
Just tried it! :) The summer map is nice to have, but for me the biggest deal breakers are still there. One being the lagging hit flashes so I never know where my shots are landing, and also the lackluster single player campaign.

The first problem in particular made BOS a nice take off and landing sim (the physics of the planes are SUPERB!), but even the quick dogfighting mode is jarring and cringy as it just lacks the satisfaction factor of old IL2 where you see the enemy take your bullets around the engine, the canopy, the wings etc... In BOS every hit appears well BEHIND the plane that you're shooting at.

BOS

Real

IL2 classic

Last edited:
Soldato
Been away on a holiday so late reply, but the thing with Cliffs is it has massive amounts of pop-up. If team fusion sorts it out then it could a super sweet alternative to IL2:Stalingrad and DCS (with inferior physics of course, but CLoD has some advantages too).

You'll never see anything like this in IL2:Stalingrad, DCS or Rise of Flight.

Last edited:
Soldato
First flight in the upcoming IL2: Battle of Kuban (or Cliffs of Kuban as it's known :))
Cant wait for this in VR as its my go to flying sim now.

Soldato
We'll see how this compares to the beautiful DCS Normandy, but it should be much better in VR as Normandy is absolute dog in VR (30fps is the norm in VR on my rig on any med-highish settings). I think DCS could turn out better in the (very haha) long run, but for now IL2 is just much more complete - better damage modelling with identical flight physics modelling, much superior hit flash effects and explosions, better optimised in general and for VR in particular.

Back
Top Bottom