*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Associate
Hey all does anybody know if they are issues doing SMB share from windows 7 to kodi 15.2 im trying to share my drives from my HTPC in our bedroom to the android box downstairs ive set everything up to share and its all correctly set up and still keeps asking for a password and userename i have turned firewalls off everything and still no joy at all is this a bug on 15.2 does anybody know please?

Associate
Hey all does anybody know if they are issues doing SMB share from windows 7 to kodi 15.2 im trying to share my drives from my HTPC in our bedroom to the android box downstairs ive set everything up to share and its all correctly set up and still keeps asking for a password and userename i have turned firewalls off everything and still no joy at all is this a bug on 15.2 does anybody know please?

under sharing and advanced does 'everyone' have permissions to read?

Associate
Yep everything done lude all set up correctly. i did manage to see my drives and play films fine but its gone back to how it was to asking for a username and password when i click on a film it keeps saying not available would i like to remove it on every film. All i can think off is smb share aint stable on 15.2

Associate
try creating a new user on the pc (control panel , user accounts) give that account full access to the shared drive, enter that username and password when prompted in kodi

maj

maj

Soldato
I use a pi2 as they're about half the price of decent andoid boxes. I know it's linux rather than android but if you put OpenELEC on you don't need to worry as Kodi is built into the image and boots straight to it. You can add Add-ons to get Netflix etc but an android box might have more in-built features and apps?

Man of Honour
I stream from either my NAS or PC hard drive to 4 other Amazon Fire's in the house and sometimes I may watch a bit of a program in my bedroom but want to finish it off in another room however I have to remember how many minutes I watched.
Is there a Bookmark addon that will be recognised on multi Kodi streamers?

Associate
I stream from either my NAS or PC hard drive to 4 other Amazon Fire's in the house and sometimes I may watch a bit of a program in my bedroom but want to finish it off in another room however I have to remember how many minutes I watched.
Is there a Bookmark addon that will be recognised on multi Kodi streamers?

I remember seeing an article about this, you can use MariaDB or MySQL (I think) which will update the play status across all players.

Takes a bit of setting up, but should mean total synchronisation.

(http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-t...c-media-center-across-every-room-in-the-house)

Back
Top Bottom