*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Associate
You can get one easily for £50-£60 but its pot luck if its a genuine box and the genuine s812 chip. I have the T8-V3 from droidsticks (entertainment box) there brilliant cannot recommend them enough great build quailty great customer support they give you support all the way. Out of the box updates. The best android box out at the moment is from Minix the Minix neo u1 that comes with the new s905 chip instead of the s812 and also comes with HDMI 2.0. My T8 is the same price as the Minix but the Minix neo is the newer box with the s905 chip and HDMI 2.0 but you wont be disapointed with either. But they come above the £50-£60 price range near the £100 with the air mouse remote

this is the review of the Minix u1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGVFdUWnSuc

Soldato
The best android box out at the moment is from Minix the Minix neo u1 that comes with the new s905 chip instead of the s812 and also comes with HDMI 2.0. My T8 is the same price as the Minix but the Minix neo is the newer box with the s905 chip and HDMI 2.0 but you wont be disapointed with either. But they come above the £50-£60 price range near the £100 with the air mouse remote

this is the review of the Minix u1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGVFdUWnSuc

Better than the NVIDIA shield TV ?

Associate
Better than the NVIDIA shield TV ?

The shield Ain't a Android box. Even tho it does have Android. Its more of a gaming rig the original question was an Android box. The shield is a good box if your wanting top game. The google play store on the Shield is very limited. One of the reasons you cannot call it an Android box as such. If you want to pay £150 for the shield not to even game on it then go ahead LOLOL. and then you got to pay an extra £40 for there remote

Last edited:
Soldato
The shield Ain't a Android box. Even tho it does have Android. Its more of a gaming rig the original question was an Android box. The shield is a good box if your wanting top game. The google play store on the Shield is very limited. One of the reasons you cannot call it an Android box as such. If you want to pay £150 for the shield not to even game on it then go ahead LOLOL

I did go ahead and am more than impressed by the bundle and it is full android - you can sideload whatever you like. Thanks

Excellent controller and remote, voice command and streaming audio to the remote headset jack, 3 gigs of RAM faster processor - Brilliant machine best 150 I've ever spent tbh

Associate
i never said it wasn't Android you said it was full Android, If it has google play restrictions then its not fully Android supported. But each to there own if you don't want to game on it then fine TBH i Ain't intrested in gaming. So my T8 does the job very well and plays everything i throw at it with no problem at all

Soldato
i never said it wasn't Android you said it was full Android, If it has google play restrictions then its not fully Android supported. But each to there own if you don't want to game on it then fine TBH i Ain't intrested in gaming. So my T8 does the job very well and plays everything i throw at it with no problem at all

Android is an operating system which the Nvidia Shield runs any restrictions ontop of that is superficial.

Personally I prefer the GUI overlay/homescreen as it's a lot more user friendly than a generic android homescreen.

This overlay does not impair the fact that the OS is Android so please don't say rubbish like 'NOT FULL ANDROID' unless you know exactly what you're talking about

Soldato
OK so what is the Shield aimed at? Android users or gamers?

'what' ? surely you mean 'who'. *Sigh* running away from your argument now are we ?

To answer. I'm an android user not a gamer and bought the shield on merits of a great user interface and experience without having to faff around with any awkward navigation. The gaming aspect is a bonus but as I said I don't game but wanted a machine that's fairly high spec enough to be future proof for Kodi and enable me to run some bespoke android services.

It looks good too :D

Associate
'what' ? surely you mean 'who'. *Sigh* running away from your argument now are we ?

To answer. I'm an android user not a gamer and bought the shield on merits of a great user interface and experience without having to faff around with any awkward navigation. The gaming aspect is a bonus but as I said I don't game but wanted a machine that's fairly high spec enough to be future proof for Kodi and enable me to run some bespoke android services.

It looks good too :D

What is with the big i am attitude please?

Associate
Hey all. Need little help if ok please.There is a few files that im having issues with over my network SMB share from my pc to my Android box.There 1080p remuxes with DTS-HD-MA they start playing and then start stuttering and audio just cuts out altogether.They play fine on my pc where there stored but not over the network most files play fine. But some just kick me out of KODI altogether and then have to boot back into KODI. Im not sure if its a setting or the version of KODI im using is not to stable for the SMB share.Anybody had this issue or simlar the version of KODI im using is 15.2 on my Android box

Associate
Hey all. Need little help if ok please.There is a few files that im having issues with over my network SMB share from my pc to my Android box.There 1080p remuxes with DTS-HD-MA they start playing and then start stuttering and audio just cuts out altogether.They play fine on my pc where there stored but not over the network most files play fine. But some just kick me out of KODI altogether and then have to boot back into KODI. Im not sure if its a setting or the version of KODI im using is not to stable for the SMB share.Anybody had this issue or simlar the version of KODI im using is 15.2 on my Android box

I found than in my lounge playing through an av amp via passthrough I had no issue with dts but in the bedroom where the box has to decode dts it stutters. Only way I got round it was to use dd soundtracks.

Back
Top Bottom