*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Associate
Hey all. Need little help if ok please.There is a few files that im having issues with over my network SMB share from my pc to my Android box.There 1080p remuxes with DTS-HD-MA they start playing and then start stuttering and audio just cuts out altogether.They play fine on my pc where there stored but not over the network most files play fine. But some just kick me out of KODI altogether and then have to boot back into KODI. Im not sure if its a setting or the version of KODI im using is not to stable for the SMB share.Anybody had this issue or simlar the version of KODI im using is 15.2 on my Android box

Wired? Wireless? DTS-HD MA soundtracks are pretty large. Kodi 15.2 on Android also can't pass it through to a receiver so you will only be getting regular DTS. SMB is also pretty horrible when it comes to streaming to a Kodi box. I use Hanewinn NFS. You could try setting up a cache using the advancedsettings.xml this might help you to get passed any high bit rate periods in a movie which are causing you to stutter.

Soldato
Hi all

Having an annoying issue where by my windows mouse cursor shows on top of the Kodi cursor and will not disappear like the Kodi cursor does. Running Windows 10, I launch Kodi and all is well. I put something on and watch it and the GUI disappears along with the mouse cursor. Once whatever I am watching finishes and the GUI wakes up again and that is the point at which the Windows cursor shows.

Any ideas of why or what I can do to find out what is causing it? Any more information you may need I can provide :)

Associate
Wired? Wireless? DTS-HD MA soundtracks are pretty large. Kodi 15.2 on Android also can't pass it through to a receiver so you will only be getting regular DTS. SMB is also pretty horrible when it comes to streaming to a Kodi box. I use Hanewinn NFS. You could try setting up a cache using the advancedsettings.xml this might help you to get passed any high bit rate periods in a movie which are causing you to stutter.

Im Wired both on my HTPC and the Android box via network adapters. How do i go about what you are recommending please

maj

maj

Soldato
Hey thanks for the link but im sorry i really do not have a clue where to start lol

Edit: Not sure if this needs done on the PC you host the files on, or on your android box.

For Android you might need to use a file explorer to create and edit the file you need. I use a pi2 so haven't had to do this myself but from reading those instructions you create the file, use the code from one of the examples at bottom of the page as a template, and save it as advancedsettings.xml in your Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ folder. You might be able to this via Putty/SSH actually.

For Windows you open notepad, use one of the examples provided as a template for settings you want, save it as advancedsettings.xml in your %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata folder.

Last edited:
Associate
Edit: Not sure if this needs done on the PC you host the files on, or on your android box.

For Android you might need to use a file explorer to create and edit the file you need. I use a pi2 so haven't had to do this myself but from reading those instructions you create the file, use the code from one of the examples at bottom of the page as a template, and save it as advancedsettings.xml in your Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ folder. You might be able to this via Putty/SSH actually.

For Windows you open notepad, use one of the examples provided as a template for settings you want, save it as advancedsettings.xml in your %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata folder.

Correct you wouldn't need it on the PC as it is hosting the files. This is for the android box to try to alleviate any network issues. Create the file on your pc and copy to the location mentioned above on your android box. Restart Kodi and try playing your files.

Associate
Sorry where do i do this on my pc please give an example and where do i do this on the android box kodi?Just need example what to put on pc and where and simlar on the Android box

maj

maj

Soldato
Open notepad on your PC and depending on the specs of your android box, use one of the templates on the link provided a few posts up, paste the code into the blank notepad file and save it somewhere on your pc as advancedsettings.xml. We can't do this for you as what settings you need will vary from android box to the next.

Then you need to transfer this file to the kodi directory on your box located at Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/. You might be able to plug in your android box to your pc via usb cable but I've never tried before as I don't own an android box myself. If that works you can simply copy the file from your PC to the Kodi folder on your box using explorer.

Associate
Try this.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>134217728</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

If copying the file to your android box is beyond you then we probably can't help, you should be able to use a memory stick though and es file explorer on the android box. You will need to make hidden folders visible in the options in es file explorer.

Associate
Need help please.
I have a MXQ box that came preloaded with XBMC but no addons.
I downloaded KODI but everytime I delete an app such as netflix or XBMC it reappears the next time I turn the box on.
Had a problem last night where movies were freezing so had a play around today and got the message that I am running out of storage space. I do have a 16GB usb stick in there but have never bothered to try to set it up properly and use it for downloading the odd movie to and also to download the KODI apk. as previously mentioned.
I seem to have made things worse this morning whilst having a mess about so have done a reset which has took the box back to now having XBMC on it.

Before I go any further I would like help on what to do next, do to update firmware etc?
Also my 4G air mouse has started blinking fast and will only stop blinking if I turn it upside down...any ideas?

Man of Honour
Please spec me an audio player for Kodi because mine is bloody awful.
It would be nice to see all the tracks on screen and play whichever one I want and then be able to press on a scroll bar to take me to wherever I want to go in the track.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all

Having an annoying issue where by my windows mouse cursor shows on top of the Kodi cursor and will not disappear like the Kodi cursor does. Running Windows 10, I launch Kodi and all is well. I put something on and watch it and the GUI disappears along with the mouse cursor. Once whatever I am watching finishes and the GUI wakes up again and that is the point at which the Windows cursor shows.

Any ideas of why or what I can do to find out what is causing it? Any more information you may need I can provide :)

I think they have changed something recently that caused this error and I reported it as a bug as its annoying on so many levels. It had never been an issue before the recent patch.

My remote for example fails to work unless I actively click with a mouse first.

Back
Top Bottom