*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
I've stopped using Kodi now, since recent updates on my RPI 2 seemingly knackered the audio output - I was getting dropouts galore on DTS tracks as well as with 25FPS videos.

It didn't used to happen so I don't think it was my hardware at fault, but I wanted something faultlessly reliable and didn't want to have to keep fiddling with it to get it working correctly, so I've brought my Apple TV + Plex into full time use.

Associate
I've stopped using Kodi now, since recent updates on my RPI 2 seemingly knackered the audio output - I was getting dropouts galore on DTS tracks as well as with 25FPS videos.

It didn't used to happen so I don't think it was my hardware at fault, but I wanted something faultlessly reliable and didn't want to have to keep fiddling with it to get it working correctly, so I've brought my Apple TV + Plex into full time use.

Why not just use Rasplex? to solve the issues you was having on KODI. I play full BluRay remuxes via Rasplex and it plays them at 24p on the Pi 3

Last edited:
Don

Tried LibreElec?

Associate
I'm currently using Kodi which is directly installed on my Android TV, I'm wanting to view satellite TV through Kodi using the satellite connection built into the TV. Is it possible to do this without setting up a separate 'PVR backend' server on another device? Is there any plugins/addons for Kodi which run both the frontend and the backend within Kodi to allow watching satellite?

If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

Failing the above, if it's not possible, I have a Synology NAS which I could install TVHeadend onto and use a USB satellite card. If this has to be the option, any recommendations for a USB device? =]

Soldato
You would be better off with the latest S905 chip.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mifanstech...&qid=1465298770&sr=8-12&keywords=t95+s905+2gb

You can get them even cheaper but this one is in the UK,the cheaper ones are from china so take an age to arrive.

Looks great, recommendations on a BT or wifi keyboard? I use my Nexus 5x but it's not that enjoyable as a remote :)

Surely get one with H265 hardware decoding..

I'm lost here, what benefit does that bring?

Thanks chaps

Soldato
Guys, just got a Beelink Mini MXIII loaded with Wookie and Modbro and its excellent.

Couple of questions as I'm a n00b. When it initially connected to my BT Infinity HH, it detected the 2.4Ghz band but not the 5Ghz one. Do these boxes not pick up and connect with the 5Ghz band?

The remote that came with it is pretty good but I'd like an 'Air Mouse' type remote either with or without a keyboard (could live without one if it meant the air mouse function was better). Can anyone recommend a device which will work well? I have an LG Smart TV with a 'Magic Remote' and I'd like to be able to navigate around the Beelink in a similar way.

Ta. :)

Associate
If you were to search the river for kodi remote, I use the one that will pop us as No1 best seller. Its paired with kodi on my Pi3 and I love it.

I set up a blank mxq box for my dad the other day and using the default remote it shipped with was hellish. promptly got him to grab that one too.

Hi Gaz btw ;)

Soldato
If you were to search the river for kodi remote, I use the one that will pop us as No1 best seller. Its paired with kodi on my Pi3 and I love it.

I set up a blank mxq box for my dad the other day and using the default remote it shipped with was hellish. promptly got him to grab that one too.

Cool, cheers. Best seller comes up as 'Mini wireless Keyboard esynic' at £9.95, that one?

Hi Gaz btw ;)

Hmmm. Who's that, then?!! I mean, which Iain is it? :D :confused:

Associate
Id keep well away from these Cheapo Android boxes and go with one that has good online support and out the box updates Minix Droidstick Droidbox Wetek are the Android boxes you want to be looking at. The Minix Neo U1 is excellent that has the new S905 chip and 2.0 HDMI for 4k if needed if not any of the boxes will be just as good

Associate
When getting an Android box. You really want to be looking for a Airmouse makes life easier when using KODI id never use a keyboard and mouse. When a Airmouse is a keyboard and mouse in one remote. There the best solution for Android

Last edited:
Soldato
Id keep well away from these Cheapo Android boxes and go with one that has good online support and out the box updates Minix Droidstick Droidbox Wetek are the Android boxes you want to be looking at. The Minix Neo U1 is excellent that has the new S905 chip and 2.0 HDMI for 4k if needed if not any of the boxes will be just as good

Looks very nice but its twice the price :(

When getting an Android box. You really want to be looking for a Airmouse makes life easier when using KODI id never use a keyboard and mouse. When a Airmouse is a keyboard and mouse in one remote. There the best solution for Android

Air mouse looks like a great solution

Associate

It may help a bit if you use the Android browser and surf with your box.

But for Kodi you don't need a mouse at all, it's all up/down and left/right. I've never had to use the touch pad at all whilst using Kodi. :)

I prefer the touch pad to an air mouse on the few occasions I've need to scroll in some Android apps.

Back
Top Bottom