*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Cool, cheers. Best seller comes up as 'Mini wireless Keyboard esynic' at £9.95, that one?

Hmmm. Who's that, then?!! I mean, which Iain is it? :D :confused:

That was the one aye, but you gone another route i see. I like mine, cheap and fit for purpose.

Its Scottish Iain, from DoD n'aww'at

Looks great, recommendations on a BT or wifi keyboard? I use my Nexus 5x but it's not that enjoyable as a remote :)

I'm lost here, what benefit does that bring?

Thanks chaps

H265 is the up and coming video format, used in the MP4 and MKV containers.

H264 is very popular right now, H265 will take over, half file sizes for the same quality.

Without either a beefy CPU or a dedicated H265 decoder chip, your player will struggle to play these files without stuttering.

Gaz, do you know if you can dual boot that box from an SD card running openelec/libreelec? Or is it just capable of running the droid version of kodi only?

My Pi3 is struggling with the HEVC format, and will be looking to upgrade to a better box once we move into our new house in a couple of months.

Unless kodi 17 brings the talked about better software decoding of HEVC format.

Gaz, do you know if you can dual boot that box from an SD card running openelec/libreelec? Or is it just capable of running the droid version of kodi only?

My Pi3 is struggling with the HEVC format, and will be looking to upgrade to a better box once we move into our new house in a couple of months.

If your wanting a box that will Dual Boot the Droidbox T8 S dual boot Android and openelec. If people wanna buy these cheap android boxes don't say i never told you so LOLOL. There cheap for a reason. No updates no online support don't last 5 minutes LOLOL

If your wanting a box that will Dual Boot the Droidbox T8 S dual boot Android and openelec. If people wanna buy these cheap android boxes don't say i never told you so LOLOL. There cheap for a reason. No updates no online support don't last 5 minutes LOLOL

I'm leaning more towards the Wetek Core if I was to spend in the area of £90 on a device, purely as they are supported by libre elec,open elec and get the latest builds instead of having to wait months like droid box for example.

I can see where you are coming from ref the cheap devices, however I bought my dad an MXQ that was £25 delivered, and was a blank, rubbish free box from the UK. It has it's own facebook support group, and I dual booted that into libre elec, and it's doing just fine for his needs. So sometimes there are exceptions to the general rule.

I'm leaning more towards the Wetek Core if I was to spend in the area of £90 on a device, purely as they are supported by libre elec,open elec and get the latest builds instead of having to wait months like droid box for example.

I can see where you are coming from ref the cheap devices, however I bought my dad an MXQ that was £25 delivered, and was a blank, rubbish free box from the UK. It has it's own facebook support group, and I dual booted that into libre elec, and it's doing just fine for his needs. So sometimes there are exceptions to the general rule.

Don't have to wait months with Droidbox, as soon as Open elec update the OS and release a stable update for Kodi 16.1 (it's still beta) they will update the DB firmware.

The WeTek core does look a good box though, same specs as the Droidbox apart from the 8 GB HD which doesn't leave a lot of room to spare.

Last edited:

I honestly haven't a clue m8! Total novice to these little gizmos. :D

Back
Top Bottom