*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
I was the same mate, jumped in with the rpi3 and haven't looked back.
Just looking for something with a little more grunt now.

Takes me to navigate around this little Beelink, bit of a learning curve!

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a sort of 'TV Guide' like you get on Sky to show what's available to view? Or is that not possible?

Associate
Does anyone use XBMC for watching TV via a tuner? What is the experience like now, and what backkend do you use?

I currently use MediaPortal with an ArgusTV backend and would like to run Kodi but the live TV was not up to par last time I checked.

Associate
Does anyone use XBMC for watching TV via a tuner? What is the experience like now, and what backkend do you use?

I currently use MediaPortal with an ArgusTV backend and would like to run Kodi but the live TV was not up to par last time I checked.

I do, I'm using MythTV on a linux box with 2 dual tuners and it works beautifully.

Soldato
Another daft question from me. My Sky+ HD has been playing up and constantly dropping signal (I think we need the dish moved to the side of the house as a tree in the garden seems to be causing issues). So fired up the trusty Beelink box and had a hunt for the Euro games and found plenty streams on ITV1 AND ITV4. But what I can never find is anything streamed in HD? It's perfectly watchable but is there any way to get HD streams for live footy etc?

Associate
Theres plenty out there if you have an Android box. look around facebook you can get subs that don't cost much for sports HD. But be careful some are better then others

Permabanned
Does anyone know of a way to start Kodi at the same time i use an activity on a harmony remote to switch the TV on, change inputs etc? It's on a windows 10 machine that's always on and just needs kodi started using a harmony smart remote.

Edit - i seem to have got it to work by adding a step having it use # as a shortcut on the PC to launch it and adding it as a step in the startup sequence but i'd have preferred to add a step using something that would never actually get used on the PC, like ctrl + alt + 1 or something, unfortunately i cant see a way to get the remote to send those keypresses though.

Edit2 - turns out that if you use the Alt+Numpad5 version of # it doesn't interfere with the normal keyboard press so all is good :)

Last edited:
Associate
Can I ask what the current recommended box for kodi is, my daughter has a non smart tv and is looking to try kodi and I am lost at what to tell her to get cheap and cheerful

Thanks

Associate
I was the same mate, jumped in with the rpi3 and haven't looked back.
Just looking for something with a little more grunt now.

Was in the same boat and have just switched from my old RaspberryPi to an ODroid C2, has good support for Libreelec and plays the HEVC 265 codec perfectly, I believe can do 4k as well but not looked in to that yet.

Back
Top Bottom