*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

APM

APM

Associate
Not very often. v16.1 (Jarvis) was released in April but I think v16 was about last February. Theres usually a vxx.1 fairly soon after release to mop up any bugs then its onto the next version.

I expect v17 to stay current for atleast 9-12months and there will probably be a v17.1 within the next 2. It'll be fine to continue with v16.1 for a while.

Thanks.

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38906561

TBH Good, it's a drop in the ocean but a start at least, scumbags leaching off of Kodi dev work and flogging fake "something for nothing" dreams. When ever anyone at work comes to me with a "my Android/FireTV/Shield box Kodi install won't work" I reply I can fix it for them but they won't like it because the first thing I am going to do is uninstall all the dodgy ***** they have as addons and all that will be left is a vanilla kodi install tested and working with standard media files.

Soldato
TheMightyTen;30483033 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38906561

TBH Good, it's a drop in the ocean but a start at least, scumbags leaching off of Kodi dev work and flogging fake "something for nothing" dreams. When ever anyone at work comes to me with a "my Android/FireTV/Shield box Kodi install won't work" I reply I can fix it for them but they won't like it because the first thing I am going to do is uninstall all the dodgy ***** they have as addons and all that will be left is a vanilla kodi install tested and working with standard media files.

Good for the most part, I just hope they don't turn this around on the devs.

Soldato
I would hope so also. MrMC has shown one possibility by removing the Python support and it's OK but it would definitely make Kodi far less useful if the devs had to go down that route to remove any "heat" from them.

Man of Honour
I have Kodi running on a MacMini, really just to play around with it as I use PLEX. However been having a fiddle around and added my movies, sitting on 2 x NAS drives. However no matter what I do I am unable to see any artwork.

Some information.

My movies sit in 2 folders on 2 NAS drives.
Both folders are named Movie under the standard video folder on both NAS's
All movies sit in a single folder, I do not have them under folders for each film as PLEX is fine

I have checked they are all correctly set up as movies and they are, but nothing. Thoughts?

Soldato
So I got libreelec 8 installed on my Minix Neo U1 today after a bit of faffing about as Kodi is the only thing I use the box for anyway, watching almost exclusively 4k content, so it made sense. Everything is smooth as silk.
I use 2 external drives and I have noticed that if I watch a couple of movies from one the drive the other goes to sleep at some point (I presume), only way I can get it seen again is to unplug and replug or switch the box off and back on, not ideal and I can't see any kind of option that would be causing this, any ideas?

elec.png

Caporegime
APM;30473639 said:
Another degree of separation.

I'm new to using Kodi so I'm treating it with respect and caution.

lolwot?

mind blown. it's been around for 20 years. if there was reason for caution it wouldn't be so widely used now and there would be horror stories everywhere.

Associate
wiiija;30499891 said:
So I got libreelec 8 installed on my Minix Neo U1 today after a bit of faffing about as Kodi is the only thing I use the box for anyway, watching almost exclusively 4k content, so it made sense. Everything is smooth as silk.
I use 2 external drives and I have noticed that if I watch a couple of movies from one the drive the other goes to sleep at some point (I presume), only way I can get it seen again is to unplug and replug or switch the box off and back on, not ideal and I can't see any kind of option that would be causing this, any ideas?

elec.png
Contact the Minix forum they are quite quick and helpful with replies. I have the Minix Neo u1 myself but i don't use it for my own content lol. i prefer PLEX for that

http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-u1.137/

Back
Top Bottom