*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Yeh they are certainly good with support, not sure where I stand with this issue though as I use Libreelec and not their default install, I'll give it a go though, thank you.

Associate
Hmmm not sure where you stand with Help if you have installed Libreelec, They can be funny giving help if you have messed around with Rooting the software exc. But there is plenty of Members on there that have Rooted the u1 to Libreelec, So maybe you might get help off them but i don't think admin will help with the issue

Soldato
I installed Kodi v17 last night and playing around with the new skin I noticed that on the main page (with the TV Shows, Movies etc on the left and recently viewed/new on the right) the right hand pane seems zoomed in. I have to scroll using my mouse wheel to see the buttons at the top (bookmarks, genre etc) and I cannot seem to scroll the bottom row of media. All the videos I am watching show that pane scaled correctly so there is no scrolling needed. It was a clean install I did and I haven't played with anything to have it look this way. Any ideas?

Running 1080p so shouldn't be that it can't actually fit the screen.

EDIT: Actually, it seems this is how it is as evidenced here. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Afternoon all,

Quick one for the more knowledgable folks.

Fresh install last night, added TV SHOWS via Video>files>source>SMB - went back into TV SHOWS and not all shows / folders are there
I did choose TVDB and said it had tv shows etc. Whn i go to Video>files>TV SHows - they are all there.

Any suggestions on why they didnt all come across?

Thanks

Soldato
If they didn't scrape correctly but show there by browsing through the Video> etc then it most likely will be a naming issue with your TV episodes and Season / Episode numbering and or show listing.

This might help....

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

There is a Windows application called theRenamer as well as another called epnamer that can be used to rename batches at a time.

You can download a video addon from within Kodi called "Missing Movies" which will list every move / TV show or episode which has failed to be scanned from your library.

Soldato
It shouldn't matter what device you are using as the TV series and Movies are scraped from the same source and should display the same, or a tleast I would have thought so.
I have a Pi 3, being relocated at the moment, and it was using the LibreELEC 7.95.3 build and that scraped everything as expected.
I have also just bought an Orchid C2 and that is also running the same build of LireELEC and that has scraped fine.

I can't see how an Mi Box should scrape TV shows any differently...? Does it use a flavour of Kodi, or SPMC which could account for that difference...?

If you use that Missing Movies addon and check which are missing is there anything obvious in their format or naming which could give you a clue...?

From what you have written it just seems strange for only certain folders and files of TV Shows to be missing.

The only thing that I did for the C2 was to point the video source to (for example).....

smb://192.168.1.250/TV/

rather than the name of the media server, or it would cause issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly it's got me really confused, one is kodi 17 on RPI and spmc on mi box.

Same skins, no addons etc.

Some.digging needed I think, could.be a long night

Thanks again

A

PS I've just got the renamed program too

Soldato
You are welcome.

Of the two utilities noted it is EPnamer that I use. You can customise how it renames the shows that it can identify.

What do you think of the Mi box after having the Pi 3.?

Associate
It shouldn't matter what device you are using as the TV series and Movies are scraped from the same source and should display the same, or a tleast I would have thought so.
I have a Pi 3, being relocated at the moment, and it was using the LibreELEC 7.95.3 build and that scraped everything as expected.
I have also just bought an Orchid C2 and that is also running the same build of LireELEC and that has scraped fine.

I can't see how an Mi Box should scrape TV shows any differently...? Does it use a flavour of Kodi, or SPMC which could account for that difference...?

If you use that Missing Movies addon and check which are missing is there anything obvious in their format or naming which could give you a clue...?

From what you have written it just seems strange for only certain folders and files of TV Shows to be missing.

The only thing that I did for the C2 was to point the video source to (for example).....

smb://192.168.1.250/TV/

rather than the name of the media server, or it would cause issues.

I find Kodi on Droid can't handle apostrophes. If your TV show has something like the word Don't in the title, it won't scrape on a droid based system. That is my experience running it on a Shield.

Soldato
You are welcome.

Of the two utilities noted it is EPnamer that I use. You can customise how it renames the shows that it can identify.

What do you think of the Mi box after having the Pi 3.?

Sorry missed this post.

They are very similar in performance, however the Mi plasy some of the files that the Pi would struggle with the larger HQ stuff.

the picture on the Mibox is also stunning with Netflix and you tube etc.

Thanks
Andy

PS ill try EPnamer too see if i can get shamless and simpsons through it

Soldato
I find Kodi on Droid can't handle apostrophes. If your TV show has something like the word Don't in the title, it won't scrape on a droid based system. That is my experience running it on a Shield.

After asking in various places and searching as much as I can I can only back up this, it seems that Android and apostrophes are not the best of friends. It's not a problem I've come across as I use a Plex server and the official Plex plugin on SPMC/Kodi to connect to the media. I'll have to do some experimenting with my Shield and the SPMC 16.5.81 beta install later when I get home.

Soldato
Sorry missed this post.

They are very similar in performance, however the Mi plasy some of the files that the Pi would struggle with the larger HQ stuff.

the picture on the Mibox is also stunning with Netflix and you tube etc.

Thanks
Andy

PS ill try EPnamer too see if i can get shamless and simpsons through it

I remember paying £105 when it was on offer for a Shield and as a gams unit I was disappointed. As a Kodi box for our needs I was also disappointed. I got a refund from Amazon on that.

That made me consider long and hard when deciding on what box to buy next.

I really didn't want an Android box and realised that the "best box" is relative to how much Dev support that gets. In that respect the Pi 3 is amazing.

The Orchid C2 is a pretty cheap box and enjoys active support from various Devs and even a custom LibreELEC build. With hardware hevc support it works well for us.

The EPnamer is pretty good but needs to be customised to get the best from its renaming potential.

Sometimes you just have to do it by hand.

APM

APM

Associate
Can anyone tell me about LibreElec and OpenElec and why I would want to run any of those please?

Bear in mind I am a noob.

Don
Can anyone tell me about LibreElec and OpenElec and why I would want to run any of those please?

Bear in mind I am a noob.

Typically people would buy a Raspberry Pi 3, and instead of running Kodi as an application, they install LibreElec, this is a whole operating system that only does Kodi.

It's basically a super stripped down version of Linux that has drivers and has Kodi, not much else.

Back
Top Bottom