***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Been thinking. It should be pretty easy for someone to import L4D maps through hammer into L4D2, I'd love to play through NM with a frying pan.

Aww those achievements just ruined a few surprises for me so I stopped reading. Just a warning to others that if you want surprises, probably shouldn't read the achievements.

Oh check that out below!

SHOCK JOCK
Revive 10 dead Survivors with the defibrillator.

Last edited:
Aww those achievements just ruined a few surprises for me so I stopped reading. Just a warning to others that if you want surprises, probably shouldn't read the achievements.

Oops, yeah, sorry about that, I probably should have mentioned that some might consider them spoilers. I'll amend my post.

Someone over on reddit peaked inside the demo files, slight spoilers:

Karmalot said:
Looking through the demo files I noticed:

* The maps are c5m1waterfront & c5m2park
* New survivors are code named, Coach, Gambler, Mechanic, Producer (just like Biker, Manager, Teen Angst, and Namvet from the first)
* There are facial expressions for both the L4D2 Survivors and the original L4D Survivors
* There is split screen for the PC version
* Materials (still textures) for a zombie intro
* Intro to the c5m1 mission
* L4D2's intro and videos in .bik
* CGI (Scene) files for L4D2 survivors only, and a NPC named Virgil
* Files for: Adrenaline, backup, boomer jar, defibrillator, double death response, emphatic go, explosive ammo, grenade launcher, hulk (special infected, but may be a codename), laser sights, bat, frying pan, axe, and taunts
* 22 levels total (estimate from shown scenes labeled world_c*)
* Files for weather
* Campaign code names: canals, caves, citadel, forest, streetwar.
* Same 'Press X to alert the horde' mechanic
* Files for a dog zombie that's a playable infected
* Weapons (38): 50cal, adrenaline, autoshotgun, autoshotgunspas, awp, axe, bat, cedajar, chainsaw, defibrillator, dualpistol, flash, fx, grenade launcher, guitar, hegrenade, huntingrifle, katana, knife, machete, magnum, minigun, moltov, mp5navy, pan, pistol, pistolsilver, rifle, rifleak47, rifledesert, scout, sg552, shotgun, shotgunchrome, smg, smgsilenced, snipermilitary, tonfa
* Multiple endings (c5m5finalev1, c5m5finalev2, c5m5finalev3)

All the file details are still encrypted until Tuesday, but that's what I noticed from file names within the normal valve game structure.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/9x976/left_4_dead_2_demo_is_now_preloading_on_steam_for/

Back
Top Bottom