***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Any update on the CTD issues people were having?

It *really* put me off playing when I couldn't complete more than two levels without a CTD with no feedback:/

I'd really like to get into this more - scavenger mode sounds like really good fun.

No fix. Absolute joke. I can't play one game without either a CDT, complete PC restart or about a 1 minute sound loop with a paused screen that eventually recovers.

L4D2 is uninstalled.

Man of Honour
Yep I have used this for months now and it's great to be able to talk in vent as well as in game to the people I am playing with, the more people we get the merrier I think :) When not playing sometimes we will just sit in vent chatting about whatever

I would also like to see more people using the [OcUK] tag as well, originally everyone had it on so we could identify eachother, but after a while less and less people used it. Now that we have a number of new people it would be great if people started using it again so we can tell who is from OcUK - so c'mon people wear them OcUK tags :D

As long as people don't start up the practice of kicking people if they don't have the OcUK tag again. Afaik, none of the server owners use the OcUK tag...and I personally have no plans to ever use it...so if someone callvote kicks me I'll get a'slappin' via rcon :p

Man of Honour
No fix. Absolute joke. I can't play one game without either a CDT, complete PC restart or about a 1 minute sound loop with a paused screen that eventually recovers.

L4D2 is uninstalled.

Ah, that doesn't sound good :/

I never had anything worse than a CTD, but that alone was enough to make playing the game feel pointless. Obviously I could rejoin the server but it doesn't really feel like I've played all the way through then, not to mention that any chance of achievement attaining is lost.

Associate
Appears my stats/achievements were wiped this morning, I had a quick couple of games this afternoon to try to make up and gained a couple of achievements in the process and its been wiped again:(.

Soldato

L4D2 is uninstalled.

I know i've said it a few times but all the probs i had with crashes in L4D2 demo were fixed by running the game in windowed mode with no borders, it might be worth you trying this as well?

Also fixed my crappy frame rate issues :)

As long as people don't start up the practice of kicking people if they don't have the OcUK tag again. Afaik, none of the server owners use the OcUK tag...and I personally have no plans to ever use it...so if someone callvote kicks me I'll get a'slappin' via rcon :p

Won't happen. Voteguard is now installed. Only person that can kick the server owners is another server owner...

Soldato

haha, i'll say i've not used the tag before and it has never been a problem for me, but yeah agreed I wouldn't like to see this happen either. To be honest we start friends only games mostly so it's usually obvious that you can't join unless you know someone anyway!

Soldato
Even up to a couple weeks ago we still got the occasional person asking, rudely, who someone else in the lobby was - in a Friends-Only game. At least on that front, manners seem to have improved in L4D2.

Associate
wow.... when steam has a hiccup it likes to ruin your game/night with a bit of a tantrum. Lost sync with steam cloud or something because of some maintenance bull... this proceeded to kick me from the game and then disconnect steam from everything.

So sorry for dropping out the game guys, was enjoying that too...

Associate
For those still having problems with the game crashing I've now solved this issue with my computer (was crashing at least once a level for 30seconds with a sound loop).

As I posted the fix a few pages back, I've got everything on max (inc gore), I've just running the game in windowed mode and no longer getting any problems (small price to pay by just have a tiny bar alone the top of the screen).

The only other thing I've changed on my setup is my anti virus, which I've also read, can cause problems with the "kernal memory" the game needs as it seems to ask for the memory already in use by the AV.

Hope this helps those still having issues :)

Soldato
w00p just did expert realism on dead centre with steve midnight and defrag.

1 hour 35 mins, all 4 survived :D

If valve wipe my read deal achievement I'm going to Seattle for a killing spree.

Nice one. ;)

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to get your shoes on and get on a plane to seattle because loads more have had theirs wiped including you and me. It literally happened in the last 15mins. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom