***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

For the record I have a similar problem with my PC (see sig) but I have drops to 20fps with these graphical settings:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Anti-aliasing: None
Filtering mode: Anisotropic Filtering 2x
Vertical sync: Disabled
Multicore rendering: Enabled
Shader detail: Very high
Effect detail: High
Model / texture detail: High
Paged pool memory available: High

It's odd I'm getting such a crappy performance. I have no issues in other Source powered games at all. I'm using the 195.55 Nvidia drivers too. Maybe L4D2 is just a bit buggy on my system, and the next update will address most my issues?

Try turning your multicore rendering off, seems to cause issues with some people. Im running pretty much the same as you but e8400 and 8800GT but with full AA enabled.

I average about 60+ fps

Please invite me to expert games (back from gym after 8), seems to be the same lot doing experts and the only other ones are stuck on the frankly laughable normal.

Remember, if you want some lead in your a** then call on the Pedo Bear :D

Please invite me to expert games (back from gym after 8), seems to be the same lot doing experts and the only other ones are stuck on the frankly laughable normal.

Remember, if you want some lead in your a** then call on the Pedo Bear :D
only time I play normal is team games or messing about. I normally play Advanced, but I'm trying Expert, just need some people to play with :)

So many people wanting to play Expert, have you guys considered making a team between yourselves? VS requires you play with the same/similar people to get used to the way you play together really so most people will just stick with the same team for it :P

Apologies for not going through the last million or so pages.

Haven't played since last week and put several hours in with no problems at all, but tried to load it tonight and four times in a row, within five minutes of getting in-game, I get a CTD for no apparent reason?

Any ideas kind people of OcUK?

Haven't played since last week and put several hours in with no problems at all, but tried to load it tonight and four times in a row, within five minutes of getting in-game, I get a CTD for no apparent reason?

I had something similar on win7 and had to run steam as admin after verifying the l4d files. For some reason that seemed to sort it.

I have to run my game in Windowed mode with no borders from the graphics menu to avoid such problems

Try turning your multicore rendering off, seems to cause issues with some people. Im running pretty much the same as you but e8400 and 8800GT but with full AA enabled.

I average about 60+ fps

Thanks. For some reason when I first tried that days ago it didn't make much difference but now it suddenly has, no idea why. I'm now getting around 60+ fps like you but with dips to 40, instead of 20 - which makes a big difference. So there does appear to be a bit of life left in my GFX card after all. :p

Still, would be nice to have AA cranked up to the highest number and a decent frame rate. ;)

Back
Top Bottom