***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Try dropping multicore rendering or page pool memory?

I have (on paper) a lower spec system (GTX260, Q9550 but 3.5GHz) and get over 60fps at all times 1920x1200 4xAA 16xAF.

Thanks for the replies.

It does drop a bit, possibly due to being a 512MB card? Although the person with the 4850 is prob 512 too?

I've got an i5 at stock which should auto OC to ~3.2GHz on load. Think I'll just overclock it again.
how much is a bit? and yes my card is 512mb. I avg about ~70 most of the time, but it drops to ~50 in the fire section of dead centre, not noticed any other drops.

my 4850 is clocked at 715/1050

Try dropping multicore rendering

Ahh that'll be it. The i5 only overclocks on single core applications, so even if it only uses a bit of another core, it will always stay at stock 2.66ghz which although is 'ok' is probably the issue.

The FPS wasn't dropping much (50 ish? noticeable but not unplayable), but noticed it on TF2 as well so think I just need to set the OC back on it. cheers

UPDATE:

New plugin installed on servers (OcUK 1-6). If you are stuck after a charger or something, type !stuck in chat to teleport a few inches to hopefully free yourself.

Note: It can only be used twice per map by each player.

More Information here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110041

Please note if I find people misusing this to get out of a smoker pull or hunter pounce etc they will be banned instantly. Please report anyone who does aswell as they WILL be banned from all ocuk servers.

Admins without banning rights, make a note of the player's name and kick them from your current game.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

New plugin installed on servers (OcUK 1-6). If you are stuck after a charger or something, type !stuck in chat to teleport a few inches to hopefully free yourself.

Note: It can only be used twice per map by each player.

More Information here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110041

Please note if I find people misusing this to get out of a smoker pull or hunter pounce etc they will be banned instantly. Please report anyone who does aswell as they WILL be banned from all ocuk servers.

Admins without banning rights, make a note of the player's name and kick them from your current game.

Sweet. Its shocking how bad Valve have become at fixing what are gamebreaking bugs since L4D was released. There was no excuse for the melee exploit, door exploit or the spec-spawning exploit to remain in the game for any longer than a week after they were discovered. Instead they brought pub games to its knee's with exploiters ruining everything.

At least this is a legit bug but its still gamebreaking and should've been fixed by Valve already. Glad to see you've fixed it and i hope it doesn't come to having to ban people for abusing it... no doubt script exploiters have already got !stuck set to a key for when they play on public servers with the plugin.

I think these forums need a sarcasm button.

Everyone will still be on, we played the 1st one all year round so the second one will follow suit

I would say we need a sarcasm font/colour rather than a button. :)

Example:

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium]I think Kearney is by far the best L4D(2) player i've had the pleasure of gaming with.[/FONT]

Ahh that'll be it. The i5 only overclocks on single core applications, so even if it only uses a bit of another core, it will always stay at stock 2.66ghz which although is 'ok' is probably the issue.

The FPS wasn't dropping much (50 ish? noticeable but not unplayable), but noticed it on TF2 as well so think I just need to set the OC back on it. cheers

For the record I have a similar problem with my PC (see sig) but I have drops to 20fps with these graphical settings:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Anti-aliasing: None
Filtering mode: Anisotropic Filtering 2x
Vertical sync: Disabled
Multicore rendering: Enabled
Shader detail: Very high
Effect detail: High
Model / texture detail: High
Paged pool memory available: High

It's odd I'm getting such a crappy performance. I have no issues in other Source powered games at all. I'm using the 195.55 Nvidia drivers too. Maybe L4D2 is just a bit buggy on my system, and the next update will address most my issues?

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium]Defrag is also excellent and certainly trust worthy when stood behind you with a shotgun[/FONT]

:p

Hey, thats cold man. That cuts me deep. :p

What Tefal fails to mention is that I stood fast and picked him back up and with Steve screaming in the background as he hobbled towards the rescue vehicle, I could have quite easily left you to rot in the doorway to the chopper. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom