***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
suggestion: If people are not using vent and they need the SI to stop attacking it is very easy to miss stop at the side of the screen. It seems much more effective to use something like "***********************stop" as it a lot easier to spot. Im only saying this because 2 players RQ last night as they complained the SI didnt stop when asked. Hopefully something like this can reduce the misunderstandings

Indeed, I was still going 'gun ho' and focusing on killing the enemy rather than anazlysing the chatter every few seconds.

Never had that amount of stoappages either in a game, but it is something to look out for.

Associate
What do you have to do to get the Gnome? I just came across it on a wall next to the shooting gallery and took it, then one of you lot incapped me 30ft from the safe house :(. Do you have to score a certain amount of points to get it or what?
Get the Gnome, and finish the campaign with it (i.e. to the helicopter with it in your hand).

Simple really (not sure if the whole team gets it or just the one carrying the gnome).

Soldato
It took us about an hour to do the second level of Hard Rain.
Initially we were going slowish and we did have some pretty bad luck, then we decided to rush it after a couple of test runs while Defrag crashed and came back, then it took us about 5mins.
We're going to re-do it though as that game was a bit stop start, but overall it only took us about 2hrs 15mins.

We also need to the The Parish Tefal!

Soldato
Didn't you get stuck on the 2nd level of hard rain for 2 hours or so?

We did on a game i was in. We might've managed it in the end but my ping started going mad and we just didn't have much luck. The joys of FINALLY making it through the crescendo... to have a Tank in the Cornfield. The best bit? Before the tank even hit anyone we accidently triggered 2 Witches while shooting a Smoker and blind firing...

Caporegime
all this campaign has improved my survivor skills but ruined my infected skills :(

But the number of kits in VS is just stupid.

Second level of the parish we got 8 kits + the 4 in the safe room + 1 defib and it;s not a particularly long level...

First Time I've seen so many kits we where leaving them behind as we'd have lost more health being stood still healing that we would have gained :/

Caporegime
Didn't you get stuck on the 2nd level of hard rain for 2 hours or so?

yeah then defrag crashed out so we ran through it leroy style with 3 people and a bot and did it in 10 mins... leroyed the everything after that till the finale until defrag came back.

strategy we found for expert realism is leyroy.

Did it on dark carni and it works, you can't go slow and be careful las it just throws more and more common and specials at you, running through at high speed is key.

Soldato
OcUK 1 just went down and booted us all, after a 20 second hiccup moments before. You'd been offline for three minutes, Link :)

The only bad thing, was how my team was on a perfect round on the The Parish - max points for the first three turns :D

OcUK 1 just went down and booted us all, after a 20 second hiccup moments before. You'd been offline for three minutes, Link :)

The only bad thing, was how my team was on a perfect round on the The Parish - max points for the first three turns :D

Probably just a one off/ingame bug, but let me know if it happens again.

Typical that it crashes just after I go offline eh? ;)

Associate
I know I said this in chat yesterday, but I would like to say it again. I really respect all members of the losing teams in last nights scavenge games (Ellusionist here), you were obviously out classed, but you stuck through it, no rage quits (that I noticed) and even turned down a vote to lobby to redo the teams :) pity about alltalk was on in the second server, although it made it kind of funny, ruined tactics for both teams

Man of Honour
Thanks for the replies.

Are you having FPS issues? I can run it maxed on a 4890 at 1920x1200.

It does drop a bit, possibly due to being a 512MB card? Although the person with the 4850 is prob 512 too?

I've got an i5 at stock which should auto OC to ~3.2GHz on load. Think I'll just overclock it again.

Back
Top Bottom